Preordering Every Day 'Til Beta: Day 23

Very good content. My battlenet is RoMie#11177 i want to be on the calendar. If it’s possible killing a mass ghoul with paladin use healing wave or maybe killing an archimonde with heal. I’m waiting WC3 Reforged every day till beta. Thank you.

The idea is to kill the Paladin, not the Paladin to kill stuff :smiley:

Btw, I wanted to mention that Lady Lyadrin is a Paladin :slight_smile:

1 Like

More videos for your enjoyment!

1 Like

What will you do if Blizzard changes their mind about releasing reforged in 2019? Keep preordering in 2020?

1 Like

This retera guy seems to be into some sort of satanism, since his ‘must kill a paladin’ and does evil, while appearing to do good. In the other thread he lied about God when he claimed that God told a mentally sick - possibly possessed by the very demons he serves and commands, he claimed that God told anybody to kill themselves.

Thou shalt not kill

is a general commandment, that applies to murdering others, oneself, the unborn because they were already given the soul at the moment of conception.

Repent, God can break the devils hold on you. Only the Truth will set you free. Nobody else. Serving your own murderer and thanking him, worshipping him as a god can only bring you more harm. Satan never loved you and never will. To trust the Father of lies takes very naive people. He has no life in him and once you get in hell he will be tormenting you just like the rest, even though he promised you big stuff that he cant fulfill nor is he willing to. You are made in the image of the Most High. Let us create man in Our image. Devil sees God in you and he cant help himself, he has only hate for you.

1 Like

Oh, my, it’s TomaTemplar! I was reading your post with joy, and then saw your name! Welcome back!

Still, this idea of preserving life at all cost is unnatural. There is no life possible without death. The eternal life is a mockery of the natural order of things, a sham, a lie. Eternal torment? Maybe. But not anything resembling life.

Watch Pyromancer.

I stopped making my videos since they go against God. Good point you have here. God didn’t tell that man to kill himself, that man’s conception of God was confused, and I was just saying what that man believed. He believed that God controlled all things. As such, he believed that God controlled random numbers, and so he took randomly generated computer text to be his scripture.

I sometimes think that when he jumped in front of the train or whatever, it may have been his attempt to test God because he was worried that his randomly generated scripture was not actually from God. But we know, you’re not supposed to test God.

So, no more free Reforged unless I change my mind, since I was moved by this post, Amen

I have to escape the demon and came to understand that purchasing Reforged every day serves the demon, even despite my greatest intentions. Who would disagree?

1 Like

TLDR; Retera has got no money left

2 Likes

What an absurd claim. There is so much money in the world, there is no problem there, let me tell you. The concern is the growing power of the demon. Surely you can see that?

1 Like

How much have u apent so far?

Well, sir I don’t keep track, that’s not what Reforged is about, it’s about escapism. Playing a game, thinking about the game world. I can get more money by typing “greedisgood 999999”, or at least, that works when I’m working on it by myself.
So, Day 22 video is out, so that’s like, 22*(30 + 2(tax)) = $704, but I don’t know that’s just a quick estimate on a calculator for the materialists who want to care about that kind of thing

2 Likes

Are we talking old satanism or modern?
Cuz frankly, modern one looks a lot better than most religions nowadays.

2 Likes

When I was in puberty all of my dreams at night were about my life in the World of Warcraft, not the Earth, so, in the one my brain considers real it’s safe to say that the Paladins worship the Light.
I think that’s probably what you guys are looking for here to answer your question – the Light.

Who ever said I didn’t like Paladins, anyway? They’re just good Unit Tests. Unit Tests are an important part of the development of projects, I learned this in college. Or I guess it would be better to call them Test Units.

Edit: if you feel bad for the Paladins, revive them at altar, OK? I think Altar of Kings is the way to go, but you can use the Tavern if you’re in a hurry

2 Likes

When I was a kid, it seemed apparent to me that if G-d exists, his only domain must be RNG. But of course, the true answer is determinism.

I also had a vague idea that it would be cool if there was G-d, but only on our planet, and his reach wouldn’t spread outside its bounds - literally the current lore of Warcraft (where other planets bore their own Titans).

Satanism makes no sense. If you truly want to be an anti-Christian, you should not merely choose everything opposite to Christianity. You have to understand the reason and rationale behind Christianity - the hatred of all existence, the envy of beauty, the denigration of intelligence, the contempt for order.

Christianity is an expression of out-group altruism. Its opposite is in-group altruism. Tribalism. Love of your relatives. And love cannot be felt without hatred.

In a word, the love for the world, the utter unacceptance of existence-deniers. But I do believe, a little Christian lives in everyone’s soul. The craving for nothingness that consumes everything.

And of course, it is all entangled with the dilemma of man - his Nature is destroying Nature to fuel his appetite. From that, there is a small step to destroying his own Nature, too - and that is death.

You could congratulate him on the suicide of this monster. The issue is that we are men. And I believe, we can create beauty. See the DPR of Korea and the City of Pyongyang. Juche! Songun! Manse!

This is almost like stating the obvious but plenty of messages seem to genuinely miss why he would keep buying reforged and make videos etc about it.

It’s called marketing and stuff. By investing to this stuff he gains better following, meaning he can keep putting out videos and even twitch stream. People flock around him and he financially benefits from it.

That doesn’t mean he is just in this for the money but if he wants to do this full-time even as a hobby he needs money and marketing yourself in the internet isn’t the worst idea to do that.

Do you really think this is really the case? Retera still gets a few hundred viewers per video. That’s a dozen Twitch viewers at most (see zoomsf).

I would say a far superior way would be trying to shoot high and give birth to a meme. The Makrura rave was the correct direction. Other things I would see would be the likes of “Hold, Ambassador!”

Cue that /laugh sound from WoW from one of those races like the blood elves where the voice actor was underpaid and by the end of their laugh track you can hear the skepticism in their voice regarding how they reached a point of recording a laugh track at all

“Hahaha , haha, ha, heh, h eughhhh…”

But seriously, this belief is so entertaining to me because it’s like, I don’t even know. Sure man, keep believing I’m in it for the money, and let’s see where that lens of truth gets you in life.

It is not impossible that I was influenced by the sort of monkey-see, monkey-do thinking that can happen as a result of watching others who feel as you describe. But for my own part, I haven’t the faintest idea how to monetize YouTube videos that get 20-100 views per video and I am not sure I would want to. Many of my videos are ridiculous and several of the older ones, especially, have some background music that often came from another YouTube video playing in the background.

To me the idea that I am spending money to preorder Reforged once per day because it is profitable [although we all know by now that I have missed days and then done makeup purchases] is a completely ludicrous idea. If I wake up tomorrow and YouTube has mind controlled the peasants to watch my stuff and I get 1 million views per video, Im going to start releasing as much content as possible to influence those people not to use YouTube if I can. It would make the world a better place.
After the first or second video where I did so, the YouTube recommendation algorithm would learn what I was doing and silently block me from the recommended list of anybody at all. The YouTube recommendation AI and I don’t get along, and we are never going to.

One time I streamed myself coding on twitch. It was really annoying, they wanted me to keep reading this side chat, but I just wanted to let anybody watch me code. Apparently you’re supposed to read the side chat thing, but doesn’t that seem annoying?

You seem to have confused me with a person of far more calculated goals. I don’t really have those goals calculated out yet, I just felt like buying Reforged every day until beta.

2 Likes

Retera,

First, thank you for dedicating your time, energy, and money towards this most entertaining and inspiring saga. Though this is my third post, I’ve been lurking the forum threads ever since the announcement of Reforged. However, up until your thread, I’ve been searching for Reforged news and passively reading others’ posts to see what they valued in the game. Now I’ve been coming back multiple times a day to check for new videos. I’ve greatly enjoyed your commentary and what you’ve been trying to represent here – excitement for Reforged. You inspired me to make a map, which is something I haven’t done in years. Even further, when I sat down to make the map, I never intended to put as much effort into it as I did. You drew out a love of mapmaking that I thought I had lost.

Viewers like me might make up a minority of your viewership, but I’d imagine there are others who come to this thread as well who have experienced a similar impact. Or perhaps others will come as they seek news about Reforged, much like I did.

Please, if you can, keep making your videos.

5 Likes

Cognoscente,

Thanks for the positive note! There are some people in the world who think all other people are motivated out of a desire to obtain money. They probably believe that you messaged me here because there are specific other people who you want to receive free Reforged.
But its cool to think youre probably just being nice xD

Anyway man, have a good one, Im like 4 videos behind but Ive done worse

Now here is video 23!

2 Likes

My wife and I both sat down to watch Retera vs Areter be played last night. I can’t tell you how awesome it felt to watch you play my map. Thank you for making our day. :smiley:

2 Likes