Not buying the game until I know I can choose to play MALE DK 100% of the time

Now ask yourself “Why do i prefer men to women?”

In an MMO i get this. But this an an RTS what immersion…?

Wooahhh! Nothing wrong with being gay. Also, Freudian slip… Sounds to me like you got some repressed urges. Do you wanna see Illidans big sexy abbs? C’mon you know you wanna! :wink:

1 Like

How immersed in the universe of the RTS are you really when it’s just an online match and not the campaign or a hero-focused custom map?

Sometimes you just need to smooch Arthas on his handsome lil face.

1 Like

Dude that’s like whinging about getting a hero whose name you don’t like…

Seriously imagine saying “If I can’t play Dagren the orcslayer every single match then I’m not playing!” it’s petulant stupid and just… silly lol.

1 Like

I T ’ S A F R E A K I N G G A M E.

If you don’t like what you see, turn off your computer and go outside, there is a whole world waiting for you. There is many more ways to find representation.

1 Like

Agreed, refund the game.

I don’t think they will.

And when or if they add it back I may buy the game.

Honestly what OP wants is perfectly reasonable.

Not gonna quit the game if it isn’t implemented, but it’s a perfectly reasonable request if you want to play with classic sound effects/music while you ladder.

This whole ‘gender equality’ virtue signaling fiasco is actually just crazy.

Why don’t they go ahead an implement male/female skins for every single hero and unit in the game while they’re at it.

Can’t wait to play as Night Elf with a bunch of female druids/male sentinels /s

5 Likes

How do you know they are cutting a male DK out?

lol! There is a similar line in Heroes of the Storm (spoken by Kerrigan). ‘one woman army’ (instead of ‘one man army’)

And? Heroes of the storm isn’t wc3. And heroes of the storm is a failed game. Let’s not even go there, ok, because I think it’s kind of fun. But please don’t use that as a rubric of what “good” is.

Because I have (had) beta access and it’s not there.

1 Like

oh I was just pointing out it is a common joke at Blizzard to replace man with woman in every phrase possible

I love the idea of female Death Knights and Demon Hunters because they add to the existing universe. However, given the game will be having a skin system (see Jaina skin for Archmage and Thrall skin for Far Seer), it is really mind boggling why the genders for DK and DH come as RNG, not as player choices. It feels forced.

This needs to happen.
Also, nice name, OP. Adun Toridas!

2 Likes

Depends, on the motivation.

Seems like they were going to do the WoW retcon thing and early on went with bringing over all the gender switched heroes for WoW fans, then decided to not go through with the retcon.

Now we get all these gender switched heroes for the purists lol!

Surely there will be some toggle option, random(from your skin collection), skin select, or default(whatever that is).

1 Like

This gender thing is not a “switch”. It is an “addition”. It was already announced all the way back in 2018 BlizzCon.

The only reason anyone could consider this a “retcon” would be that in lore, Death Knights are converted from Paladins (though WoW removed this restriction by allowing warriors of all races to convert), so to stay in lore a future patch will have to add female Paladins for the Human race.

If they do add the toggle options you mention here it’d just be like how it’s done in StarCraft 2 for Dark Templars. Everyone would be happy. They have the skin system so the data structure is there. It’s a matter of whether the developers will bother with it.

but why

the grand plan unveiling itself. slowly phase out males. sneak in a new womanly skin each patch! men become the minorities. grannies take over.

Why not? Harmless addition to multiplayer, additional content for mapmakers.

2 Likes

If this is your state of mind, I see no reason to change it. One less competitor for me and other men.

the mapmaker reason is a good one

lol. i will be here in one form or another, wc3 is great