I want my Classic Death Knight look

With the vampiric runeblade and in old school Scourge style. More like Baron Rivendare and less like the WotLK/3rd gen look.

Why did they have to completely change my favorite unit? If it is an optional look then I’m fine, but right now I have no indication that the OG Death Knight hero will return.

8 Likes

I wanrt Warcraft 2 DK, but I am not even getting this game.

2 Likes

There’s still hope, friend.

1 Like

The OG death knight looked like Arthas, so most likely they didnt know what to do so the gender was the only option i bet.

Make it arthas then?

make it Arthas without eyes but with a beard like in original game?
Put a helmet on arthas model?
Finish core features and then do this sjw lgbt microtanzaction catering?

You mean the dice roll/assigned skin that you won’t even see in every match that seems like it won’t have any charge on it?

Also I won’t see reforged cinematics because of it

You mean the design done by Blizzard’s artists on the Classic Games team that’s exported to LemonSky?

When Blizzard’s cinematics department is run by an entirely separate team, detached from any of their others.

EDIT: Really.

There’s -

• Team 1: Heroes of the Storm.
  • Team 2: World of Warcraft.
  • Team 3: Diablo 3.
  • Team 4: Overwatch.
  • Team 5: Hearthstone.
  • Classic Games: Starcraft: Remastered and Warcraft 3: Reforged.
  • Incubation: More experimental or long-term developed stuff.
  • Cinematics Team
  • Headhunter: Talent Acquisition
  • And lastly the defunct Blizzard Console team.

you realize that it’s confirmed that that will be an option, it’s confirmed also that it will be a choice what you want to use? but keep going

Well I want to see orc and elf death knights along side. Because that would be awesome.

Do you have a link for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Do you realize that just beacuse Grubby says " i hope there will be an option to choose for this" it doesn’t mean it’s officialy confirmed by blizzard ?

Yeah, but the game has some budget and it was spent oooon?
Ta-ba-dum!
Gender divercity modelling, voice lines, animations!!!
Instead of the core promised features

1 Like

I don’t know what to tell you if you think that a single unit’s worth (the Death Knight in this case and example since we haven’t seen the Demon Hunter in full effect yet) in development time and money for concepting, modeling, animating, and voicing is equal to stuff like the Reign of Chaos online being restored, Reforged ladder available at launch, animating all the game’s cutscenes, recording several campaigns’ worth of voice acting, modern BattleNet integration, a new rendering engine, and whatever else was originally/is still slated for Reforged’s release.

Satyr models also got gender swapped.
Mammoth model got reworked far from original one bloody beast.
Demon Hunter got gender swapped.

Reforged stuff was cancelled.

It requires time and money for planning, inspiration, making new models etc.
So. Here si you SJW content but all promised stuff and a ton of bugs as a bonus

1 Like

So we’re talking… what, 6 to 8 out of a few hundred models? Even if we low ball it and say Reforged has just 200 unique models and they gender swapped about 8 right now, that’s 4%. You’re really going to lose sleep/make a deal of pointing out 4% of the game’s unit/building assets as “SJW content”?

It’s a good thing the art team is a different part of Classic Games and not the part that, say, deals with writing or programming. So the “time” part isn’t really as much of a specific worry and rather something that the team as a whole might have to consider.

Then go play classic.

So. You didn’t get it.
They were discussing things like which heroes should be gender swapped, how should they look, who will do the new voice lines for them and when.
Instead of spending time on let’s say reforged cinematics.
It is not only time to create a model, it is also time to plan things.