WC3 Feedback: Grommash and others

Hey Reforged Team,

I hope your listening. I am adding a few points that are bugs and issues I have with the Beta currently. I appreciate the hard work put into the game so far, especially painstakingly replacing the old models with really beautiful HD ones.

I feel the animations for a lot of models can still use a lot of work. Please do not rush this game, I’d rather have the game delayed than unfinished.

Main Issue: Grommash Hellscream’s animation

I was looking through the editor and I found Grommash’s model.

Grommash hellscream attack animation is ONE HANDED??! This truly triggered me because he is one of my favorite characters and Grom’s axe Gorehowl is a two handed weapon; to see him use it one handed looked very strange and unusual.

My suggestion is to redo the attack animation completely: Use primarily two handed attack animations with the occasional one hand for variation.

Grommash is one of the most Iconic Warcraft characters, please let his animation do him justice

Question: Forced Gender Swap

I appreciate that you are adding gender options for heroes; could you please confirm that the old male versions are still playable if I choose?

In the editor it seems that there is no male death knight model and only the female is available. I like the idea for being able to choose, please try to implement that

Issue: Arthas is left handed

The original death knight is left handed; I feel at this point you are not sure whether you want to strictly stick to the source material or shake it up a bit, either ways Arthas is canonically RIGHT handed. Your own warcraft 3 reforged artwork has him right handed. It is important to keep consistency in design.

Please make him right handed.

Issue: Dark Ranger Animation

The Dark Ranger/ Archer attack animation does not match the projectile arc. Either tweak the animation or reduce projectile arc

issue: Kodo beast movement speed

The fel orc Kodo beast has a walking animation instead of a running one like the regular kodo beast. This looks odd as it does not match the movement speed. Please fix that.

Issue: Mannoroth’s wings

Mannoroths wings seem to be texture mapped with his body armor. Probably unintentional but have a look at that when you can

issue: Doom guard wings

Doom guard wings cannot be viewed from both sides, please fix that when possible

Issue: Pit lord Running animation

The pit lord has a walking animation, it does not match his movement speed and looks odd. The Undead campaign hero unit Azgalor has a running animation which seems spot on, use that instead.

Issue: Greater Dark minions

Greater dark minions’ animation freezes when standing, most likely a bug

Please go through these issues and use this post as a checklist for bugs. I will keep posting more bugs and issues. I am ready to help out in any way I can if you need it. Thank you.

4 Likes

He and other units/heros have both walking and running animation. The waking should trigger when his speed gets lower than a treshold (i.e. affected by slow, chill effects). Atm they put the walk speed and run speed animation at the same value, thus he s walking when instead he should be running. It s a really easy fix in the world editor (i fine tuned the parameters in like 3 minutes).

1 Like

Fully agree about Grommash attack animation, i also want him to use two hands just like in classic, him attacking with only one while using a two handed axe is just dumb and to be honest it looks ugly and less dynamic, making him look like a grunt.

3 Likes

Yeah, loving new grom model but…

Using gorehowl only with one hand while auto attacking was a bad idea, i don’t even know how you can come out with that.

It’s a 2h axe for a reason, maybe Fel corrupted Grom would be able to use it with 1h only and still attack with the same impact(lorewise, because he’s much more powerful in that moment, so using it in 1 hand would be no biggie).

He’s using two hands for his skills but no auto attacks.

2 Likes

I want to add; Grom lacks his iconic jaw-tattoo. In the original game, he just had a beard, but that was later explained have been a tattoo. But now he has neither, which feels very inconsistent.

2 Likes

I totally agree about Groms attack animation. Gorehowl is two handed and it should be so like in Warcraft3 and not one handed

There’s evidence and hope, friend.

Please give Grom his tattoo back. The full black tattooed jaw looks much better.

IMO he should also be leaner. Just a little bit.

1 Like

Tattoo yes, leaner no.