[Main Thread] Low FPS Poor Performance Patch 1.36 (May 2023)

Same issue here

this has nothing to do with specs, they ruined it.
we are not able to turn off v-sync, or shadow v-sync whatever itā€™s called.
because of the strange screen rendering mode and windows.
this makes the mouse cursor delayed and inprecise.
arguably the most important thing in an e-sport game is no longer available.
nativefullscr etc no longer work, opengl was a solution to this , aswell no longer works.

just now they released a patch and i can no longer log in.
mildly infuriating to say the least.

Maybe related or not but since the patch Iā€™ve had lower FPS overall. But at the very start of the game it was 320ish and now itā€™s 200ish and lower overall like I said throughout. Nothing else changed with my computer specs

1 Like

Same sh1t, nothing helps. reinstal video drivers, games, directx , nothing works. game is unplayble at more than 60 herz. mb 120 or 144 somehow if your video manage to sustain that fps. i droped from 340 avarage to 100 and dips below , and at 240 herz monitor, it feels like total bullsh1t

1 Like

asus tuf a15 laptop, with a 1660 running terrible too after patch. Changed bios, nvidia gpu driver a few times, reinstall windows and w3. nothing seems to help. Classic and reforged chops around, game seems to start around 120, and within the first few seconds drops briefly to 70fps then back up to 120fps. As the game goes on gets worse.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H - 89.2%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660-Ti (Mobile) - 69.8%
SSD: Kingston OM8PCP3512F-AB 512GB - 163.6%
RAM: Kingston KHX3200C20S4/16GX Samsung M471A2K43DB1-CWE 32GB - 94.8%
MBD: Asus ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506IU_TUF506IU

Hi,
Each time blizzard releases an update, it breaks my fps in all modes, stable 144fps on campaign now makes it 45fps
It happens every update, then in 1-2 days blizzard adds another small update for few mbā€™s and it fixes everything

Is it something that is a problem on my end, or blizzard wc3 support team is breaking the game each time same way?

3 Likes

Yeah the fps is terrible once again. It makes custom games unplayable

2 Likes

also got major stutters on custom maps every 2.5-3 seconds periodically since patch.

1 Like

Greetings, keyboard warriors ! Have you ever felt like a mighty hero atop your epic mount, only to be struck down by an unexpected nerf bat? Well, if youā€™re a Warcraft 3: Reforged player, you know exactly what Iā€™m talking about. The most recent patch has transformed our once-powerful gaming rigs into bumbling, potato-like contraptions, gasping for air as they attempt to churn out a measly 2-5 fps on custom maps.

Itā€™s as if Blizzard unleashed a dark curse upon our computers, morphing them from glorious battle-ready machines into pitiful, lethargic sloths. And letā€™s not even mention the woeful inhabitants of the Warcraft custom lobby screen. Theyā€™re now ghostly apparitions, gazing listlessly at lobby screens they know they can only experience as excruciatingly slow PowerPoint presentations. Itā€™s a tragic comedy, really.

But fear not, my fellow pixel-slaying comrades! Blizzard has vowed to unleash a hotfix in a few days to right this wrong. And while we twiddle our thumbs, we can reminisce about the golden days we shared with our PCs, when they were the envy of all. Heck, we could even use this opportunity to do some push-ups and level up our actual strength, so when the hotfix finally graces us with its presence, weā€™ll be ready go back to out sloth like states in front of pc screens , crumbs fluttering to the floor.

Wait, what? There isnā€™t plans to fix it? Thereā€™s not even patch notes? This cant be , surely notā€¦

2 Likes

FPS is terrible after latest patch - when are we getting a fix!? So many hotfixes and nothing about this, and no recognition from blue posts either!

2 Likes

Man thatā€™s a pretty yikes comment you just posted.

1 Like

Same story . i have ryzen 5600x , rx 6600xt video card and 16 gigs of ddr4 3200 mhz, and this 20 years old game is hardly playable. i even tryed to clean and reainstall video drivers, update directx and reinstall the game 2 times . Nothing works. Last time changing from fullscreen to windowed fullscreen did the trick but now even this not working.

1 Like

I have the exact same problem. Itā€™s a shame cuz I had never gotten to play the campaign and was really enjoying the story. The game is now unplayable in this state

Indeed, I am almmost done with orc campaign and its a shame that I was kicked out half way and cant continue.
It seems that base buildings are causing some sort of bug that trashes the fps
Also, seems that only amd cpuā€™s re affected (om for the most part?)
It is crazy how blizzard arent fixing it and keep making the same mistake update after update

Not sure why Iā€™m not seeing any Blizz posts regarding this, but FPS has been terrible for nearly all custom games after 1.36. The game stutters and overall performance has gone down the drain more than beforeā€¦

Can we get an official response to this? Has this been identified? Is it being worked on? What do the devs need from us to fix this?

2 Likes

Thereā€™s another thread with the same issue and a bunch of replies. Issue for many. including myself.

Ever since the latest update a couple of days ago I have been experiencing a significant drop in fps and overall game experience is poor.

Please do not try to give us some pathetic solution to this problem like closing other applications or making sure my system meets all the requirements as everything was working smoothly only a few days prior to this update.

1 Like

I m mainly a custom map player, and Idk why but I ve been experiencing significantly low fps in the game after the new patch. The maps that I play are the same (so this variable remains constant), and I ve checked my hardware that r in good condition now, so I guess the only thing that can cause the current situation is the new patch? Plz fix it!!! 0 fps in many maps now!!!

Hi, thank you for updating the game. Since the last patch, the performance has been really low. Thank you for taking the time to look into it and fixing it.

Lordsebas

There is a Blizz post here seeking information about the issue, if you could go here and post your dxdiag, it might help them find the problem.