Low fps after patch 1.36

I have rtx 4090 and ryzen 9 7950x and my fps after patch in 4k was 90,110,130.What happened?P.S in classic mode…

21 Likes

It’s possible the program might have defaulted to not utilizing the GPU after patching, check the Nvidia Control Panel?

1 Like

Same. Before patch had near 250 fps in classic, now my fps is near 80-90 with occasional drops to 50. This is unacceptable. Please fix the issue or at least get back to 1.35. It’s unplayable for me and many other players

5 Likes

Same, fps drops. rtx 4080 ryzen 9 7900x classic mode

1 Like

Unplayable stuttering/frame freeze since new patch. Low ping but feels like 4k.

2 Likes

same low FPS game is unplayable like this!!! guys please fix this BIG BUG!!!

1 Like

Unplayable. used to play at 250 fps. Now I get 40-50 fps MAXI with drop to 30 fps in local game, same in bnet , same in w3champions.
I cleaned computer, reinstalled warcraft 3 3times, did update on every drivers, nothing changed.
Btw I tried to play other games that need way more ressources than wc3 and its works perfectly, so its 100 % patch problem.

1 Like

Hi, I have about the same problem than u.
Used to play with a smooth game around 200+fps and now I struggle at 100fps with some spikes at 10FPS!!!
Unplayable honnestly…plz we need a quick fix!

same issue here, the game is unplayable now… :sob:

Same issue… had at least 200fps before patch and now only around 70-80 :frowning:

1 Like

Nice job guys! Low fps as fu**. Shame on Blizzard. A trillion dollar stock market player company that has reached success by games like warcraft 3 is now giving a sh** to their community which has made them healthy and big. Amazing job that a game that was running nicely is now having such massive problems after 20 years. Just a joke…

Exactly the same problem here, I updated my video card driver, put everything to low settings on classics, still the FPS are waaaay lower than before the patch.

3 Likes

Same here, I’m also getting considerably worse performance since the update. I’m not really able to explain why based on the update notes. Maybe the new observer mode kind of always runs in the background?

5 Likes

Same here. Always >50 FPS. Please fix this issue! :frowning:

Same issue, unfortunately. Although I could swear the fps drops only when I scroll the map and put the fog of war in my view.

It’s actually somewhat ok in Multiplayer. Try a campaign like Founding of Durotar. I had to quit out of pure frustration because it was stuttering and lagging like crazy. Zero issues before 1.36.

1 Like

Same here, 180-200 fps before patch, down to 60 70 now … Can you guys @blizzard stop breaking the game after every patch? Or contract proper developer … ZZzzzzz

1 Like

Are you kidding me? 40-50fps is “unplayable?” do your eyes not work correctly?

I get it, it’s not optimal, but you don’t need to ridicuoulsly exaggerate just for the sake of getting an issue looked at.

I’ve noticed lower performance as well (not as bad as some ppl here are describing, but certainly noticable), but I’ve had no trouble playing the game and I’m not going to pretend 40 or even 60 fps is “unplayable” - un-optimized, yes. un-playable, lolno.

Be honest about issues when reporting them. Saying something that isn’t accurate isn’t going to help with a fix (and yeah, there is something wrong here, I agree on that)

3 Likes

40 fps is unplayable particulary in 4v4 mode with big fight etc .

40 fps is 40 fps, it doesn’t change in playability in different situations.

I’ve played war3 with lower framerates than that way back in the day. Call me when it’s like 10-20, then I’ll agree it’s unplayable. You’re confusing “unplayable” (i.e. literally, can not be played) with sub-optimal (i.e. not ideal).

I played starcraft on the n64 which probably ran at 25fps. Still playable. Was that great? not really (though it was cool having a console version of an RTS). Was it “unplayable?” no. It most certainly could be played and beaten.

3 Likes

Define unplayable…
Inconsistent dip in FPS during gameplay which effects ability to effectively micro is pretty close

This makes me not want to play the game. Nuanced difference but ultimately the same result.

3 Likes