Low fps after patch 1.36

for me the issues with unit selection impact micro a million times more than any FPS drop ever could. (i.e. when u have to click in just the right spot just to get a peasant to start chopping a tree or hurry a farm, when u can click actual pixels of the actual structure and it won’t select)

I get that its a problem, and I agree its a problem. But accuracy in wording and discussion is important. Making something sound different from what it actually is isn’t productive when it comes to someone at blizz looking at the forums and seeing a discussion about a bug/issue.

2 Likes

I got huge stutters every 4-5 seconds after the newest patch.
This patch is unplayable even on small custom maps due to this…
This is why we need an official rollback feature.

1 Like

yea unfortunately that’s not how software works. If people are on different versions than things wont work. Instead what we need is an official “hotfix the hotfix” feature.

2 Likes

It’ll screw up multiplayer, yeah.
But lots of other games have a rollback feature. Why shouldn’t Reforged have one that just simply disables the multiplayer option? That way people can still play SP without constant stutters.

If the general standard is 200fps and a player that has now 40-50fps what is also identical to my fps has to play vs a player that has 200fps the game is unplayable, bcs the difference of reacting is to heavy. Chanji is a orc player same as myself and if you have melee units and can’t react properly or fighting with headhunters a range unit which has low hp it is unplayable. So he is surely and totally right! There is no difference to a scenario where you don’t even get a picture, bcs it is unwinable in fact like this and therefore unplayable! Maybe you don’t like to communication itself, but it is unplayable.

Does anyone have hopes of this being fixed? Can we predict the chances?

And why does it only affect a small group of players, as it seems?

Or is the Warcraft 3 time really over, just because of this one bug? That would be sad.

After the last hotfix ( the goldmine into the fog bug ) the problem is resolved for me, no more problem with fps.
Hope it’s resolved for you too guyz !

Its better than before but still not resolved for me, not at all

2 Likes

new patch make my mmr to -1

200 FPS was never a general standard lol
Average people often have a hard time noticing a difference between 60fps and 120, let alone 200.

Some XSX games run at 120fps but usually 60 is the standard.

What the majority of the folks in this thread are experiencing is not “standard”.
change in FPS is only metric easily identifiable that can provided to explain the experience. Your focus/opinion on what avg FPS in general isn’t helpful

Understand youre attempting to balance the conversation but ultimately it is minimizing people’s personal experience with the issue being discussed in this thread. Your clear lack of first hand experience of the issue being discussed in this thread leads me to view your posts as irrelevant to topic being shared

1 Like

Game is still lagging, even after update, less enjoyable then it was.
It was stably 300 fps before patch 1.36, now it is from 200 to 130.
I didn’t even test it on 4v4 gamemodes, looks like unplayable on 280 hz monitor.

Advanced observer mode disabled.

1 Like

And I had played Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind on the OG Xbox which it struggling to run at 30fps as well. And I don’t think it is unplayable unless if they had screwed up the colors or changed the display colors to physically hurt your eyes.

1 Like

After patch 1.36 game performance was dropped, fps is extremely low, araund 32-58. Please fix it. THX

R7 5800, 1080ti Vsync on.

1 Like

me too, 6900XT 1.35 400FPS, 1.36 200FPS, wtf

Neither is the observation about 200fps in the first place. No one is going to know without looking at an FPS counter. The point is anywhere else in the universe, no one would be complaining about numbers like this lol. Exaggerating numbers and/or claims is not helpful either. The claim that someones FPS decreased from an absurdly high number to a still absurdly high number made the game “less enjoyable” is 100% nonsense.

Less enjoyable my foot. You’re just latching on to a complain train. If you can actually see a difference in this without an FPS counter to tell you otherwise, first congratulations, you have the worlds highest refresh rate monitor avialable, second, you have superhuman eyes. The graphical equivalent of an audiophile who can hear things that don’t exist.

Look, I can understand complaining about a performance decrease on principle that a patch shouldn’t decrease performance. but this thread is just silly. I can’t even take any of you seriously. My own monitor has a 144hz refresh rate. Which means any FPS above that number is meaningless. Further, if you are actually letting your GPU render frames that you will never be able to see, you are putting unnecessary stress on your GPU.

I get it, something is causing a performance decrease. I saw it too. But we don’t need to say silly ridiculous stuff to drive that point home.

The better monitors avialable today have refresh rates up to 240Hz (Yes, there are some that go higher, but I pulled up a recent monitor benchmark/review that listed several recent monitors and most were 240 or less) Dell/Alienware recently unveiled a 500Hz monitor which isn’t available yet. So anyone here claiming they can see a difference between 200 and 300 FPS is highly likely fabricating their story as most monitors on the market today can not produce those refresh rates.

1 Like

no problems here, everything is fine

With patch 1.36, the FPS dropped. The micro patch from May 11th helped, but not significantly. The mouse doesn’t move the same way.
In 1.35, the FPS was 350.
In 1.36, it fluctuated between 70-80-140 every second.
In 1.36 after May 11th, it also jumps between 210-140.
It’s better than just in 1.36, but much worse than in 1.35. Mouse control is worse, it’s jittery, and I think it’s due to the FPS fluctuations.

1 Like

Again, I suspect the GPU is not being utilized after the patch, I recommend people check their GPU control panels and finding the WC3 executable and seeing if it’s defaulting to not using their graphics cards.

It’s not even about the FPS itself. 200 should be more than enough, and the eyes shouldn’t notice a difference from 350. But for some reason, the mouse has acquired different behavior. It’s harder to aim at units. The mouse feels floaty, it doesn’t respond properly, I don’t know how to explain it. I think if the FPS were stable, everything would be normal. Perhaps somewhere it drops to zero completely, but the counter doesn’t catch it. Because even with a static image, without any action or opponents, the FPS jumps between 140-210