Lets Be Honest here W3 Needs Story Work

I agreed with you up until your last statement.

Actual players of the game be damned in their eyes
All players are actual players. Casuals are no less than hardcore. The game is not designed just for the hardcore, and frankly it never was. The balance might be tuned towards the higher-end players, but let’s be frank here - that would exclude 99% of the forumers here.

so long as they get their way
How does this differ to anyone’s opinion here? People who want the game kept the same are demonizing anyone happy with changes. People who want new races disregard any opinions that the game should stay the same. People who want their balance ideas implemented will spam the forums and demonize the devs. I don’t see this being mutually exclusive to any group here.

They look down on us as being stuck in the past, and as being completely irrelevant.
They are in every sense of the word, the enemy.

I want the game kept the same as much as possible and I also look down on people stuck in the past as being completely irrelevant. Why? Because stubborness and unwillingness to accept reality is completely irrelevant. My opinin - If the world is changing and you’re unwilling to accept that everyone’s using facebook and has a smart phone, then being unwilling to accept that reality makes you irrelevant. Let’s be clear here - We can have an opinion that the game could be better for us if it’s kept the same, but there’s absolutely no reason to hate on people who like the direction the game is taking. There is absolutely no way hating the ‘other side’ will fix our own conflict of interests.

Being unhappy with whatever Blizzard chooses to do is an individual opinion. If that individual blames that on another group of fans who have no control over those choices, then they’re taking offense where none is given.

From what I’ve observed here, most arguments stem from a lack of regard for opposing opinions. People seem to be unable to accept opposing opinions, to the point of taking personal offense to it. I’m not against having different opinions, I’m against slandering a demographic for having a different opinion. Frustration is no excuse for this.

1 Like

No you messed up what he meant: There are 2 player bases:

1. WC3 that includes from noobs to pros, from melee players to anime map lovers

2. WoW playerbase that has never been in the game and that will just play it for 2 weeks max and leave

This thing has nothing to do with being casual or being a hardcore fan, it is about being a WC3 player or a WoW player

There is one player base.

That ‘WoW playerbase’ is no different than the WC3 player that played it for 2 weeks max and leave, which was the majority of WC3 sales.

2 Likes

Even though someone comes for WC3 only and leaves it in 2 weeks it is still being there for WC3 not because ‘Well,uhh WoW developers said they had a game remastered ahhh I’ll buy it it gives a cash shop mount uhh’ this is a big difference cause they are not WC3’s playerbase nor players they are WoW players that just buys the game for mount and a retconned story with their ‘waifus’

Yeah but they have as much control over that as the WoW player doing the same thing.

This is Blizzards choice, Blizzards responsibility, not the casual player no matter where they come from.

If some popular WC3 streamer buys skins and promotes them they wouldn’t get as much hate as WoW crowd would. The problem stems from bias, nothing else

1 Like

No I don’t agree because he still does it in Warcraft III and for Warcraft III, I never had any problem at all with SC2 and it’s warchests and people using them, but a Warcraft III streamer buys a skin pack just to unlock a WoW achievement that is a problem and it is what WoW players do, they are in for WoW and it’s retcons not for Warcraft III and also they are not a part of the player base and they are not even welcome to the ‘community’ of Warcraft III.

Thats a bias though.

You equate anyone who buys that for WoW as the same people who like WoW lore. Not the case at all. That is scapegoating.

Some people are gonna be rich f’ers who buy collectors and never play the game. I have a friend who bought every WoW collectors and doesn’t play WoW, he also buys collectors editions of many other games. He couldn’t care less about WoW lore

Some people really like WoW lore. But War3 having any retcons doesn’t immediately appeal to this demographic either, because most prolly never even played WC3 to know what the original lore was anyways.

2 Likes

No this is far from redemption, I’lld rather have someone that does not care for WoW’s lore and buys skins instead of someone loving it.

Also here is a the ‘review’ of community about people that posts WoW based maps:

• Chapter Twelve: Fall of the Lich King:
    > too much to micro
    > storytelling and gameplay felt too WoW-like
    > it’s impossible to keep all heroes alive for so long
    > extremely low resources for the amount of times I had to revive my heroes especially; I didn’t use units at all cause I knew they would plainly die
    > would have hurt to add at least one more mana regen or health regen abilities ? Thrall’s totems aren’t very impactful

• The storytelling of almost the whole campaign felt very WoW-like…

You can see how welcome they are to WC3.

The fact that you said ‘I would rather’ is the bias I am talking about

In the end you know as much as I do, even if this group never existed, Blizzard would make the same changes because thats what they always intended to do for Reforged.

2 Likes

If this group never existed they’lld never take that route because they would not have a cash grab audience they can directly use with just throwing a mount and saying ‘your waifus will play a bigger role! Lore will be retconned to fit your lovely game!’

Wrong, because Blizzard is the one WANTING to appeal to a larger demographic.

Think of it this way - Star Wars Prequels.

George Lucas wanted Star Wars to be more accessible to all ages, since he has young kids. He makes the prequels more kid-friendly because he wants to grow the franchise.

And the prequels came out. And kids loved it. And those kids today grew up, and they still like the prequels because it’s what they grew up with.

So is it those kids fault that the Star Wars prequels catered to them? Was it their fault that the Jar Jar Binks was made a main character? Is it their fault that the prequels made a killing off toys and kiddy products?

No, that was all a corporate decision. And nothing comes out of hating on the people who liked the prequels; it doesn’t change anything whether they are fans or they’re not fans. Even if the prequels ‘aren’t for us’, it’s forever a part of its canon and it’s something we all have to deal with as terrible as it is. And it’s very clear who was responsible for it.

Whether you personally hate people who like the prequels or not doesn’t matter. Even if we ALL cry out for original Star Wars, they will find other ways to mess it up. The reason is because companies want to make money, and this is what I’ve been saying from the start.

2 Likes

It is because Blizzard HAS THAT AUDIENCE ALREADY, you are talking about Blizzard making WoW not retconning WC3 Star Wars move was WoW’s expensions being ‘childish’, while the reason of retcons in WC3 is the audience itself that WoW gained.

The reason is that the broad audience exists. It’s not because of the individual opinions of those who are a part of that audience.

That is the difference. Who are people blaming here? Look at the original statement I replied to - Retail wow players wanting to change warcraft 3 to fit wow are the cancer of the community
This is bull because there wasn’t any outcry of WoW players wanting WC3 lore updated to WoW prior to Reforged announcement. Blizzard isn’t making changes based on people wanting Warcraft 3 lore updated to WoW, they’re making decisions because the WoW audience simply exists. This audience includes all the WoW players who don’t want WC3 changed too, and people who don’t care about the lore and only PVP, and people who only collect pets and mounts.

It’s Blizzard’s own initiative in thinking changing the campaign will appeal to the WoW audience. How much outcry did you hear from WoW fans wanting Warcraft 3 lore to be changed? I’ve never heard this statement made even once. Think about it.

2 Likes

And this is the truth. And they don’t cry that much cause their wishes are granted, also topics like this still appear to ‘support’ retcons it is their outcry too they can’t even get satified before they see spacegoats.

But that implies it was their wish to begin with.

What I’m saying is WoW players don’t care much for WC3 history. For the most part, the majority haven’t even played the original game, so there are no expectations. Reforged happens to align with what they already like, but it’s not their wish for it to happen.

It’s like saying kids in the late 90’s wished Star Wars was made for them. That doesn’t make sense if Star Wars was never on their radar to begin with. They didn’t wish it to happen.

1 Like

It is still their wish like I said kids did not want WoW Retail but after that kids will not accept WC3 without retcons thus they are the reason

Just curious, how many WoW kids who openly reject WC3 without Retcons do you actually know and talk to? If this demographic is so significant to cause Blizzard to do this, surely you must know them in the thousands, if not millions right?

Really sounds like you’re just projecting.

The funny thing is, even the person whose opinion you reject the most is an ‘old-blood’ WC3 player.

2 Likes

No it is pretty obvious, just take a look at MMOChamp and see the replies saying ‘How great to have the story fitted to WoW’ comments

If someone says it would be great if the story fit WoW, it doesn’t mean they automatically reject a remake of WC3. That’s the difference.

I think it would be great if animals weren’t farmed for meat. That doesn’t mean I reject eating steak.

2 Likes

But they were rejecting it by start this would simply not happen