Lets Be Honest here W3 Needs Story Work

now hear me out. I loved Warcraft 3 and i played everyday for most of my young life. but the game has changed i understand the purists out there saying don’t change my 13 year old game but really they are not. My point is they are keeping the original game playable and then ret coning the game for die hard wow fans like me because most warcraft 3 players think wow is trash and has taken Warcraft away from the rts genre. But lets be blunt World of Warcraft made blizz you wouldn’t even have blizzcon without wow so the story matters to millions of people and should be adjusted for those who will no doubt be coming to see where there beloved game got its roots from :slight_smile:

3 Likes

17*

You’ll leave the game in 2 days so the people that will really play Reforged are WC3 fans and die hard WoW fans are most unwelcome kind here

Only thing you said that makes sense is here.

18 Likes

im actually a mod creator who adds new races into the game using wow models and other things ive been working on this game as a pet project for years :slight_smile: but i appreciate you’re feedback friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Atleast we share a common interest, I am ripping models from WoW to make them useable in WC3

2 Likes

By you, maybe. Way to be a good rep for the community though with that gatekeeping and pre-emptive bristling.

5 Likes

i think we should all get along and share ideas no need to split the community

1 Like

Well if you want to be blunt, warcraft 3 made wow, so you could be thankful to warcraft 3 story for being so good, because if it wasn’t they would have made world of starcraft or world of diablo…

There was a time when wow was good, but that time is not now, wow writting is thought to appeal to 7years old, and also even looks like one wrote it… So I would be wary if they attempted to remake the story…

By the way I always find funny how the scramble egg always answers you Arthas to point out the dent on his logic while ironically doing the exact same things…
Funny how he talks about welcoming wow fans when he always says in synthesis “if you don’t like reforged move on or play the old game”… Lol
Kids be kids

9 Likes

‘you can always use the old graphics’ ‘you can always stay on classic’

4 Likes

Yeah but he’s super welcoming and totally not a troll when a topic is not pleasing him… Lol

4 Likes

Surely, especially when people disagrees with him he is so kind and tries to understand their points instead of cutting their sentences into pieces and make up arguements out of them what an epic guy this whole community needs to be like him

6 Likes

Best comment ever specially

That got me laughing so hard :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

i honestly agree i don’t like the story now i honestly thought it should have been over during Wrath but it wasn’t so i kind of cut off the lore at that point

1 Like

I mean you and YourArthas circle-jerking yourselves with your own brand of superiority complex is just as predictable as my posting style too.

1 Like

If wow was as good as it used to be I wouldnt mind… But honestly it isn’t

2 Likes

By posting topics like this one you are spliting the community more than anyone else

I second this :point_up:

4 Likes

Dude- no wait “bro” you’re kicking the wasps nest here man.

As a “purist” myself I wouldn’t mind seeing a few things added in or at least explained.
BUT I’ll rail against any of the pre-existing lore being dramatically altered or retconned just to suit wows (terrible in it’s current state, seriously it’s a hot mess and you know it) cannon.
And people like you that come here and treat the original player base like a bunch of irrelevant panicking kiddies is just plain disrespectful.
It’s kind of like coming in with a bunch of demolishers and saying dude why are you acting so worried it’s not like i’m going to destroy anything…while you’re lighting the whole base on fire!

You’re a wow fan, why are you here? More importantly why are you trying to tell the wc3 fans how the game ought to be?

For the most part they do that is correct and yes, yes it has.

There is so much wrong with that last bit just damn bro.
So let’s break it down nice and easy.

1: Wow did not “make” blizz, It’s a solid pilar sure fine but games like diablo, starcraft and the warcraft rts series is what “made” blizz.
The con would not be much of a thing if it weren’t for those other games.

2: If the story mattered to you and all those millions then they’d want the original story rather than a retcon. To see where it actually came from.

3: The game should not be “adjusted” to suit the expectations of those that’ll treat the game as little more than a novelty or some sort of sidegame.

In conclusion you’re basic argument seems to be something among the lines of “actual player base be damned, the story should suit the want’s of another separate ecosystem of players” and frankly that’s bloody insulting no mater what smiley emoji yer using bro.

6 Likes

well i did not understand what you mean

i like both of WC and WoW and we all know that WC3 have much more better story then WoW (and dont let me talk about how WoW ruin many WC3 characters)

so for me the story of WC3 is perfect but maybe it can have small changes without changing the Story like for Example in RoC the UD campagin in the Attack of Silvermoon they could add Kael’thas Father as enemy hero with unique abilites that the player need to defeat …

2 Likes

Rip kaelthas, back then and most recently rip illidan, the one who knew so well what a gray character was, doing good and evil just as a side effect of pursuing his own interests… And become just another mainstream character… And sylvanas my favorite character… Reduced to crazy b****

3 Likes

You should just stick to wow then. Don’t come to our game and try to ruin everything just because your game pretty much massacred the Warcraft story. But I guess its common these days that all wow players do is cry and moan.

1 Like

alright fine i don’t understand why you are all so salty im sorry the game isn’t perfect like you think it is you should be happy you’re getting a remaster at all but instead you’re complaining about everything little detail and change you want the original then play the original im tired of the original its boring but im not angry the devs are giving me what i want at least to some degree and lets be honest the real cry babies are the Warcraft 3 players who are angry because they created wow instead of Warcraft 4.

1 Like