J Allen Brack's Disastrous Response

Ok captain sjw, where did I call them that since you want to derail this.

because its totally our fault that they promised stuff and then decided to back away on it.
because its totally our fault that they to this day advertise stuff on the main website that isn’t even in the game.
because its totally our fault they forcibly upgraded everyone on the original game to wc3 reforged.
because its totally our fault they removed ranked matchmaking, clans, etc.

hard work? what hard work? they outsourced a lot of the work as is.
they didn’t put even 1/4 of the work into this game they promised.

you want to see what a true reforging of a game looks like? go look at age of empires 2 definitive edition. what did they promise when they originally anounced it? a remaster. what did they deliver? updated graphics and ui. new civs and new campaigns. updates to old campaigns. balance changes. updates to multiplayer gameplay. the list goes on.
has their been bugs and stuff that needed fixed? sure. and they are working on those as they arise. but they put a heck of a lot more work into it then blizzard put into wc3 reforged, and they didn’t charge nearly as much.

Microsoft under-promised and over-delivered and charged less for it.
blizzard over-promised and under-delivered and charged more for it.

what would i say as blizzard? i’d be brutally honest and admit that they screwed the pooch. that would at least save some face. more people would be happy to see them admit they made a mistake then see them try to play softball with some neutral answer. want a perfectly good example? look at the fallout 76 debacle.

seriously. if the game wasn’t ready they should have just delayed it longer. look at cd project red and delaying cyberpunk

like what?

define many? you got a source that says many are happy ? as for meeting the needs…umm…they charged us 30$ for a light remaster. and under-delivered on promises. that isn’t an opinion that is a fact.
don’t even get me started on forcing everyone to upgrade, the removal of clans, and ranked matchmaking (yes i know, they are coming in the future, no, that doesn’t make it acceptable).

umm no. it’s not about meeting my desired standards. its about meeting blizzards own standards. you know, like the promises they made at blizzcon and on the website.
at the very least literally everyone should be unhappy that you have to jump through hoops to play the old game, and that you can’t do ranked gameplay on the old game anymore. there is LITERALLY NO DEFENSE for it.

you know what isn’t false? there is stuff advertised to this day on the website that isn’t in the game.
they forced everyone to upgrade to wc3 reforged, whether you bought it or not. you literally cannot play the original unless you play it completely offline.
any form of ranked multiplayer is removed.

coming from the guy who said “Many are happy with the game” this is hilarious. how many is many?

you know back in the day, companies actually released complete games and didn’t delay releasing features.

1 Like

This is the feeling I get too. You can pretty much find the same “criticisms” for each and every game these days and it all starts well before release. It’s like they feel the need to nitpick everything to death and have forgotten that you’re supposed to be playing for fun.

2 Likes

hard to play for fun when some of the stuff i expect to be in the game is completely removed and i can’t even transition from mission to mission without getting a defeat message…

Not entirely accurate. Games have definitely been released as broken garbage in the past and before internet they just stayed that way. Also games definitely had content cut. The difference between then and now is, again, internet connections. Back in the day we relied on printed media and companies actually planned press releases only around what they knew was done or close to done and there was very little contact between the customer and the company. With instant info release it’s real easy to shoot your mouth off about your plans before you even know how much of it is even going to make into the game.

1 Like

So is this the only game you own? Chill out and play something else until they’ve had a chance to fix it. It isn’t like WC3 is the only game on the planet.

Edit: Also it’s possible you are an outlier. I have had none of those issues and have been enjoying the game myself. But I mostly play campaign or custom, so there’s that.

1 Like

That’s a great point about this sort of thing starting before release. I’ve seen this play out with multiple titles from different developers. There is a segment of the gaming population that is deadset on crapping on a game or its developer and will constantly spin a way to maintain that posture.

It’s unfortunate because their constant negativity drowns out the players who are expressing their concerns and criticisms and suggestions in a constructive way.

true, but they didn’t do it to the extent it happens in the modern age.

yeah, and you know what? its usually advertised when stuff is cut. but hey, wc3 reforged still advertises cut content right on the bloody main page.

oh trust me. i’m playing other games. i took my money elsewhere, because blizzard can’t be bothered to do more then a half job.

I think you are exaggerating how often broken games come out. You are also forgetting that specifically on PC we are talking about rigs with all kinds of configurations and setups. Maybe the people having issues built a rig that simply isn’t stable. And no, the fact you can play one game has no bearing on another.

No it isn’t. For instance GTA 3 initially was supposed to have a system where if you killed someone in front of witnesses you could theoretically kill any witnesses and avoid having the cops called. Guess what wasn’t there when GTA 3 released?

Broken launches did happen but it wasn’t nearly as common. Reason is of course that the developers had no easy way to deliver updates to players so they were much more motivated to ensure that they didn’t need to. Broken launches back then were a killing blow for the game.

I don’t know if this is relevant in this case. For all its faults Reforged is at least not doing the worst that todays gaming has become. Which is cut content only to sell it to you separately.

What content has been cut? I’ve seen this mentioned a number of times and I’m not sure what people are referring to.

Honest question.

I ask because early on I saw people saying the classic game was cut, despite there being a toggle in the menus to swap between classic and reforged.

In that specific case, those people were misinformed regarding “cut content”

That is at least a sensible argument. But broken games did happen a lot more than people remember and some were even broken on purpose like SMASH TV for instance.

ui update. cinematic updates were scaled back. there was supposed to be extra missions added in.
they removed ranked matchmaking, clans, and custom campaigns.

I think most are talking about the cutscenes as shown at Blizzcon and on the store page. But more specifically they mentioned having some expanded character building for Sylvanas and Jaina and there was even supposed to be new voice acting to go along with those.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot about the new UI.

I love “our community has come to expect really amazing things from us”

What on earth is he talking about? We expected what they said would be there and expected the game to not still be in alpha, why does he act like we are expecting the world?

1 Like

They said well in advance that these things would be added after launch.

Not really sure what you mean with this one since custom games can be played now.

where? at blizzcon? it wasn’t advertised on the site or in the forums. and yay thats totally fair to the people who have the old game. “Guess what guys, your game isn’t going to have features you’ve literally had for ages now, congrats”.

custom CAMPAIGNS.

1 Like

Ranked matchmaking I can understand being a problem. Have they said they are bringing that back?

The ui and updated cinematics are not content though. Regarding Extra missions, so far I’ve seen an extra Murloc / troll mission in the thrall prologue that was not part of classic. That is added content.

I’m still working through the game so there may be others I’m missing. I’m almost done with the undead campaign now.

Uh yeah at Blizzcon 2018, so you’re a little late to the party on that one.

I was unaware that this was actually a thing. It’s always just been maps that you could play sequentially and it was never said that the game would even contain such a thing.

Man these whiteknight trolls have all picked up the same tactic. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes