J Allen Brack's Disastrous Response

I don’t really get what you’re trying to say! Really.

Point is, his statement its decent. You guy WILL cry for everything. Like , everything. It doesn’t matter if is good or bad. You will find a “way” to trash it.

Another one reading between lines.

“But we stand behind our games…” ( and please read the continuation ) , means THEY care about their game and will keep updating and make them better.

There are objective aspects. The game being riddled with bugs is not about preference. And a big part of the critique is about how Blizzard operated, which is also not just subjective. I have not known of the back-pedalling concerning cinematics, by the way, because I have not been reading the forums nor tracking the development.

Of course you don’t get it because it doesn’t neatly fit the archetype that you are here to defend Blizzard against. You revealed that by immediately strawmanning me because you don’t have arguments that don’t fit the same model.

I was simply saying that J. Allen Brack did not admit that Blizzard made any mistakes or that they failed to meet some quality standard. What he did was acknowledge feedback that says that they did. That is it. No need to imagine something extra just because you are not able to come up with anything without doing that. Just don’t say anything.

2 Likes

I never said they wont fix it or they don’t care, i said the never really admit that the problems that the game suffers from was due to them, they skirt around it. imho that in it self brings into question, do they actually care?

Also any company act like they care when they get called out on things, we’ve had the same line from them too many times. “we will do better”

It’s been a few years now, when will they, “do better”?

Tbh i just want them to admit they messed up and go into detail what and why the game came out as it is, don’t think that’s unreasonable to ask at all imho

“Concerning Warcraft 3: Reforged, honestly, it’s been a bit of a hard week. Our community has come to expect really amazing things from us, and we’ve heard from them that we did not achieve that bar,” - J. Allen Brack

And why do you think fans have come to expect amazing things from Blizzard Brack? It’s because Blizzard built their very reputation on releasing something “When it was ready.” That has clearly gone out the window. The trouble with his apology both at Blizzcon and here is that they never take the significant step of accountability and admitting they made a mistake. At Blizzcon he never mentioned Blitzchung by name which made the entire apology seem hollow.

If there is one thing to be taken from Brack’s statement? It’s that they have clearly heard us. Brack said at Blizzcon that actions speak louder than words. They certainly do. But you know what? Blizzard already had a chance to let their actions speak louder than words when they launched reforged. Their actions surrounding Reforged’s release said more than Brack ever could about the mindset of a company that places profit and appeasement of China over fan satisfaction.

So now we are expected to believe that actions will once again speak louder than words. But how long did it take them to respond to the criticism? How long did it take them to open up refunds? That was only after enough people got good and riled up. And when they finally did respond in the way of a community manager? It was a non apology that said “We are sorry to those of you that didn’t have the experience you wanted.”

You do not get to pin the blame on the fans. When the fans did not get what was promised. As has been said many times on these forums. They are still using footage that is 100% unequivocally not in the game to market/advertise the game on the official site. I am of course referring to the Stratholme cinematic. If Blizzard cared so much about meeting fan expectations? Why set fans up for disappointment when you know full well that what your presenting is misleading? Money. Money probably had a lot to do with it. Money and Daddy Activision and Bobby Kotick. This kind of crap I do not think would have happened under Mike Morhaime’s watch and I believe he was forced out by Activision. At least I wouldn’t be surprised if that were the case.

2 Likes

So “riddled” is now a technical, quantifiable term that can be used to denote some objective value?

No, don’t be silly. It may be your opinion that the game is “riddled” with bugs, but you’re hardly making a statement of fact.

I for one can still not run the game like a number of people reported in Technical Support before the release. Not being able to play the campaign because you receive and instant defeat is grave, too, as are the crashes. Booty Bay could reportedly not be hosted. Mapmaker fellows told me about desync issues.

2 Likes

Tip for your next reply: When he says that there objectively are bugs, and that it is not a matter of preference, you counter by saying that it is preference that you don’t like bugs.

1 Like

You know, back before everyone started loosing their minds because of Click Bait and social media, software had bugs and users needed to contact technical support to figure out why they were having issues. Sometimes it would even be the users own fault for one reason or another.

:roll_eyes:

That’s not what I said at all. :thinking:

Nobody is denying that a piece of software, even one that’s been developed by a company that everyone thinks is the cat’s meow at developing software. But to suggest that because some players have reported issues while running the software, that does not mean that everyone is having the same issues.

Just because someone with a megaphone is shouting out at a captive audience, it doesn’t mean that what that person is saying is objectively true.

You can probably find videos of serious bugs in action. Would that be objectively true or does it have to happen to you personally for you to believe it? Anyway you can always say that your preference is to have serious bugs and then you win the preference argument by default.

1 Like

On a side note it looks that the few people still streaming Reforged have switched back to Classic graphics. I don’t think this one will ever recover. The negative attention will settle down but the players won’t come back. Blizzard missed their opportunity and improvements now are too late.

2 Likes

My god… Could people take their rage-tinted glasses off for just a minute.

J. Allen Brack did not say that it was the fault of their player base for having to high expectations nor did he blame them, in fact he said the exact opposite of this.
In fact if you read between the lines you notice that not only does he say that due to Blizzard’s reputation in the past the players have, naturally, come to have high expectations of their new releases and that the expectation of the players did not meet that of the Warcraft 3 Reforged. This also acknowledge that Blizzard failed. Though he does not say this specifically. No one would to their shareholders, but any shareholder at that meeting would have understood that Blizzard acknowledge their failure.

He, also, goes on to reassure the shareholders as well as the players that they will continue to fix issues (missing features, bugs etc) and support the game for many years to come.

The ongoing witch hunt to rage on any statement from Blizzard is, quite frankly, a disgusting attitude - fueled by all your “beloved” streamers.

Yes, Blizzard failed to deliver - everyone knows that. You’ve driven that point through their head so much so that they are unlikely to forget it any time soon (or should). So instead of spouting rage and hate. How about you contribute in a positive and constructive manner.

3 Likes

Nor does many players not experiencing a problem make the problem non-existent. In the first place, there should be a distinction. To my knowledge, bug or defect denotes the cause, not the effect. But from observation of the effect, you can infer that there was a cause.

The whole matter here got focus not only due to what was delivered in the game but because how Blizzard operated in correspondence to that. They released the game although it was objectively not ready and badly communicated about it.

1 Like

Again, nobody is suggesting that no one has experienced any issues. The assumption by some players, however, is that the just because a few prominent YouTubers and Social Media personalities, some of whom have a very obvious chip on their shoulders, are currently on the warpath over WC3R, it doesn’t mean that the game has been a negative experience with “the majority of players”.

1 Like

Which I have not said at all. I just meant to respond to what I quoted from you.

Their employees? They outsourced half the thing to China who then sent it to Malaysia. They had two years basically to bring the base code up to date.

I agree that what he said definitely doesn’t mean that he is blaming the players. He is acknowledging that players are not happy with the game and the condescension of their first developer update isn’t there anymore.

However it is also not an acknowledgement of failure. Had it been he would have said that they failed to meet the very high standard and not that players said that they failed to meet it. What you are doing is the same thing that you accuse others of doing. You are reading between the lines to fit your bias.

1. They outsourced some of the asset work to a third party.

2. Are those people inhuman beasts that exist without any sense of pride in the work they grind out? I suppose it’s okay to start calling them “garbage humans” because you don’t happen to appreciate the quality of work they have done.

WTF is wrong with you? :no_mouth: