"So sorry it didn't not meet your expectations"

As in “it’s your own fault you got your hopes up

What about YOUR expectations and standards, Matt Morris?? What about having REAL pride, as a game designer, in a great product you’re supposed to put out? What about having enough integrity to admit that what you put out :zap:SUCKS :zap:?

“Matt23Morris: Designer at Blizzard Entertainment. All my opinions are mine and mine alone.

Oh really? Well if we’re to take that at face value, this would make you a LIAR.

As for everyone else, the Metacritic score is STILL sitting at a comfortable 0.5/10. Can you do any worse than that?

Mental: IT’S A DOUBLE DARE!!!

16 Likes

I mean considering he’s responding to (obviously) unhappy fans of the game - or people that did have high hopes for it - that had certain expectations with “sorry for not meeting them”, he is admitting the product is subpar to what people want.

4 Likes

Aren’t they sick of apologizing and having so many disasters on their hands? What’s the next game they’re going to release? D4? Being four years out? This company has become more of a drama that’s fun to watch like a soap opera than a game company. They should just send out a massive tweet to everyone every time they release a game to apologize beforehand.

6 Likes

Shadowlands is probably going to beat Diablo 4 out the door next. Actually I wouldn’t be surprised if Overwatch “2” is between Shadowlands and Diablo 4.

2 Likes

That’s right! OW2 will be the next disaster! A game they say is a sequel and everyone is wondering how it’s not an expansion but they say it’s very much a new game with the old game that isn’t an expansion.

3 Likes

I am still not sure who Overwatch 2 is for.

2 Likes

You know what’s crazy about this King…

OW2 is for people that have been asking for a story, much like Reforged got a lot of people that wanted the campaign in Reforged. (The campaign being redone to fit lore, or just redone with better cutscenes.) If they can’t pull this off with WC3, OW2 requires the things they weren’t willing to do for this. It will be nuts!

The only thing I could vaguely understand or agree with for another release is the engine changes but it’s not like Overwatch is a bad looking game either? The strong stylization is nice enough and I think will hold up for a while (even though it’s weird to think it’s coming up on its 4th anniversary).

They’ve patched in story stuff before. They’ve patched in game modes before. They’re adding new skins constantly. They don’t need an Overwatch+ for those three things.

More like a car crash in slow motion. It’s cringy-af but you can’t help but stare.

Like a domino pile-up, it just gets worse and worse with every instance. You’d think they would’ve learned their lesson.

Remember when Actiblizz’s stock fell 30+% within 7 days after they announced Diablo Immoral as the main event of their own convention that is primarily attended by PC GAMERS?

5 Likes

Always keep in mind that apologizing costs them absolutely nothing and takes extremely little effort. I think the players will be far more interested in hearing news about how they fixed everything they ruined (WC3 classic) and put in the stuff that was meant to be in the game at launch.

2 Likes

Blizzard should take a crash course on “how to address public” in CD Projekt Red HQ.

1 Like

Exactly. Apologies are worded from the suits upstairs. Noone believes them to be legit anymore.

What we’re more interested seeing is a “road map” of Fixes to be carried out immediately over the next few weeks/months. At the very least.

1 Like

It should. It’s just a copy/paste of BFA in everything but art and music assets.

2 Likes

Don’t blame bottom level workers for the decisions that their corporate overlords force upon them. It’s not their fault that the game was clearly scaled back, not worked on enough, then rushed out the door unfinished. I’d be more angry with Kaivax, which seems happy to have his name posted on every garbage response from Blizzard in every forum section. But I think that’s probably just Brack’s sock puppet, because the meaningless drivel looks exactly like what Brack would say.

I blame the cheap Malaysian studio who thought this was good enough to put out, and then I blame their Blizz superiors who thought this was good enough to put out.

And then I blame Kotick for wanting this put out asap even if it wasn’t finished. I then blame Ivanka because I can.

I’m waiting for Overwatch 4. I know the copyright trademarks and patents for it exist. Just like I knew 5 years ago about Overwatch 1-4. They are just pulling a Bioware and chopping up the IP and dolling it .000001% a year, they sure love that drip-feed business model.

They dont even have that internally. Anyone who watched the Beta progression can ensure you on that.

its not like “oh noone expected that debacle.“

No bro, that was clear for months on end in Beta. They basically did next to nothing at all in Beta.
And thats exactly how they will continue.

They half@ss patch in ladder/profiles so the gaming journalists can be like “loOk tHeY fiXXEd iT! BUy NoW!“ while in reality, the game is still riddeled with hundreds of new bugs and is broken to its core forever.

I mean:
There is a maphack bug in multiplaxer since beta day 1. They dont even bother to fix that should tell you something.

1 Like

They announced mobile-exclusive Diablo Immoral as the main event at their own convention which is primarily attended by PC gamers…yeah I’ve already seen all I need to know.

Reception to D4’s announcement a year later was lukewarm at best. Nowhere near the excitement it should’ve drummed up.

Made even worse by the apparent fact that they cancelled the Diablo 2 remaster, and just copied/pasted its classes into D4. The Sorceress is a huge downgrade compared to the Wizard. And if they add any of the old boring classes like Amazon and Paladin…well there goes a huge chunk of replayability factor.

Less interesting classes to try = less overall time played.

1 Like