I've paid for a Remake Not a reskin

The truth. I hated Armies of Azeroth because it was just an HD skin pack. Mind you - not changing body blocking, I mean changing the campaign!

Oh, hi, Yousef! Know you from Marshmalo’s maps!

4 Likes

AOA was only announced to be a reskin, why hated it XD ?
But I agree with all of you.

I want NEW IU AND NEW LORE.
There is a new petition:
http: // chng.it/sNFNVghtG6

1 Like

Never pay for anything that you cannot see already finished in front of you. Otherwise, you set up yourself to be swindled.

4 Likes

Weird how that is almost entirely what this is now, really. AoA was already out there. Now we essentially have the same project but just done by Blizzard in an official capacity.

1 Like

To be fair, Reforged models blow Armies out of the water. And I much prefer the bright colours of the original WC3, not the desaturated mess of SC2.

1 Like

I see you aren’t great at researching before commenting. Cutscene changes are confirmed, they were confirmed by Back2Warcraft and again confirmed by the panel.

They didn’t want to strive too far from the original, so they have dialed it down, this is coming from Pete Stillwell. Minor story changes but retconning and no major changes such as making Sylvanas and Jaina bigger parts.

The only thing I’ve heard are that there won’t be new voices. But in what context? Do we know that, is that clarified upon?

Rebalancing is still happening.

A reskin implies only texture changes, which is factually wrong. The only one you have decieved is yourself hoping on a hate train of non-facts. Atleast get angry at something that is true instead of a bunch of loosely interpreted articles and tweets.

14 Likes

I totally agree, I’ve been playing Warcraft 3 since its released all the way back. I don’t see what is the matter with fixing up the camera angles and adding a few lines of dialogue to make the story tie together better

2 Likes

$40 for updated graphics of my favourite game is fine with me.

9 Likes

From what I have seen on the beta, the redone models look fantastic and well detailed, but this is a bit awkward isn’t it? What’s going to happen with Anasterian? Is he just not going to show up in the campaign? Are there not going to be any new voiceovers for ANY unit in the game at all?

Will female satyrs just use the male satyr voice? Will Anasterian just use the human paladin unit quotes? What about high elf archmages?

I was hoping we’d see new, and useful voice sets for units like Felguards and Archimonde. New voice sets would have been fantastic for editor’s. That’s just, gone now?

10 Likes

100% agree. They pitched this “Reforged” version as a retelling of the story that stood side by side with WoW in the modern age. Now they’ve been shouted down by the purists who want the same game with a lick of paint on it.

And yes, I played the original WC3 when it was current and I wanted this too. I have fond memories of the original but I want what I was promised.

12 Likes

fear mongering…

Welcome to the forums in a nutshell. Filled with people who rather rage than provide anything constructive.

1 Like

but they are raging about not getting something that they are getting…

1 Like

I like the reskin and multiplayer!! I dont mind if they wanted to use WoW type of story cause it made me curious when I saw the new WoW. But im not buying this for campaign im buying for the multi.

Im surprised they event wanted to change story, Reforged for me echoed since long ago - remastered. Yes HD, just that

no 13+ selection
no new races multiplayer (omegalul)
nothing else.

I told you that what you want is not realistic for what a reforged does, some postarz thought it is what WC4?

It may likely follow the activity of SC1 (hope it lasts longer hype) and then back to unpopular RTS

didnt you hear public in Blizzcon? Anything War3 or RTS related = silence. WoW or Overwatch YAAAAH Loud crowd

2 Likes

here is the petition to do it:
http:// chng.it/8D8MR76jV7

Complete agree with the OP.

1 Like

They promise us very many new features last year. Where are they?
Where are my new campaigns? Where is my queen Sylvanas from WOW?
Where are my multiple unit select? In wow I can select eveything i want.
Where is my wow UI? In wow I have good addon that makes UI nice.
Where is new cinematics. I want to see my queen.
This is 2019. Where are my female workers? They can chop trees and collect gold too!
I thinked we were promised new voice actors. Where are they?
I still can’t seem to find my queen.
Models not as good as in WOW.
What a shame, can i get me money back ?

6 Likes

The upgrade campaign was too good to be true, the examples mentioned by Blizzard include adding certain lines from Arthas: Rise of the Lich King to add some more context to parts of Arthas’ story arc, as well as expanding the scene of Admiral Proudmoore’s arrival to Theramore in order to better reflect what Jaina thinks of the situation. That would be amaizing, but the life is cruel with us this time for denied this

5 Likes

Why did you pay for something they literally never said it was going to be? Why did you think it was a remake not a remaster? Rebalancing the game isn’t cut are you actually braindead? Balance will come every 3 months. They’ve been balancing live for past while now.

People complained about the campaign being touched, they scrapped it yes. Your opinion doesn’t outweigh many peoples opinions sorry snowflake.

They literally showed off Arthas v Illidan at Blizzcon?

Cancel the preorder and don’t ever come back to these forums. Please. I will paypal you $40 myself as well. Just go away. Whining entitled snowflakes who have 0 clue what theyre talking about aren’t to be welcomed here.

You need to learn what a remaster is which is what this game was marketed as from day 1, just like SC was.

For someone who claims to have read or seen the dev panels you sure do know nothing. The whole “not balancing game” thing is a real doozie since they literally stated every 3 months post launch. Maybe go back and read stuff since you clearly didn’t. And look at the video teaser on MMOC and Twitter of the Arthas v Illidan.

3 Likes

Why are you spreading misinformation? The purists need to cut it out with this notion that apparently we’ve all been deluding ourselves.

We were promised and expected a revised campaign, not a new campaign, but a story that is essentially the same but with lore enhancements established in WoW and novels. “+4 hours of Reforged cutscenes”, newly done voice acting and narrative changes to help bridge the gap between WC 3 and WoW were ADVERTISED.

During Blizzcon 2018 it wasn’t just said to be a “remaster” but a reimagining of the same game.

And that’s also false. Look at the year of radio silence, an extremely late beta that more resembles an alpha and no release date. They were clearly too ambitious and still want to make a 2019 release date, and for that reason all of the above has been cut.

6 Likes