I've made a petition! all of you real die hard fans help spread it!

there’s absolutely nothing wrong with arguments or even if you don’t agree with us, it’s the violent ones who harass and retort to personal attacks that we’re having problems with.

1 Like

I have not once been violent or harassing yet I recieved the same treatment from your side. Sorry but that is total BS.

1 Like

I’ve scrolled up post by post looking for anything that might’ve been an “attack”, you have one post here and my reply was this " the choice was allowing you enjoy the old campaign with updated graphics or the new revised one

how is that an attack ?

I have lost track of where but I am speaking across about 100 threads thanks to the way the WoW side of this argument can’t contain themselves to a few threads.
You have also been across multiple of those.

I do not deny my part in it, I have been bombarded with insults and personal attacks for saying my opinion “peacefully” at first, but I realized how wrong I was when I got a taste of how much really toxic people can get here, so I do not feel overly guilty of fighting back “even with the exact same methods” to the ones who deserve it, but if you can track my posts, I haven’t attacked anyone who disagreed respectfully or stated their opinion, I’m fully aware we cannot control everyone’s “behavior” here on the internet, but staying silent with those bullies is not an option as well, and I agree with you, I do not take sides with anyone who chooses to scrutinize others as his method of debating, even if those were on the side that I agree with.

Also the issue lies in the name of this thread.

You call yourself a diehard fan yet your asking WoW to have influence over it’s predecessor.

I would argue that by naming the thread as such you immediately made our side of the argument angry.
If anything I consider us NOT wanting WoW changes the diehard fan.

And refuse to acknowledge from our side of the fence we do not want any MMORPG influence involved in the strategy game.
FOR MANY VALID REASONS.

The story of WoW is ridiculous.
The Wc3 story was and still remains a masterpiece.

1 Like

I for one will speak for myself this time, I do not consider myself a fan of WOW lore fan in this case, my personal “wish” lets say that I was excited to see expanded bits to add flavor to the overall story without harming it, for example lines from novels, small cameos from characters that were introduced in WOW or even the novels that were confirmed to have taken part in the 3rd war, I certainly do not wish for changing a major lore incident, and I liked the new cut scene system it added more refreshing perspective on how the lore unfolded, I my self I’m a lore “purist” if so to speak, but my excitemt was for the reasons above, certainly not for making Anduin Wrynn the one who destroys strathholme “type of retcon”

1 Like

Let’s see. There’s people that have been playing since 2002 that want to no changes in the warcraft 3 campaign, and other people that have been playing since the same year and do want changes in the campaign.

I started playing warcraft 3 in 2004 and it’s been one of the most prominent games in my childhood. And I do want to see a reforged campaign with little things added to make it fresh and re-enjoyable.

Now, the die-hard purists are saying that they do not want the original story changed. I’m with them I don’t want the original story to stray away from what I lived in my childhood.

But, having the opportunity to have another campaign, that I can enjoy again is also good. I must have played the W3 campaign at least a hundred times and it sometimes I get bored because it’s always the same thing.

So why not have an enhanced experience? You can even consider it non-cannon if you want. Let us all people who pre-ordered the game under the promises that they made in blizzcon 2018 where they said they would re-do the cutscenes in game to look a lot more like the demo culling we saw a year ago.

And if you want to experience the original warcraft 3 campaign with the reforged models they said you would be able to do so. So the people who didn’t want to play the reforged campaign would still have the option to play the original one. In other words, a win-win situation.

I obviously do not want to see changes like making Sylvanas a Deus Ex Machina like in wow because that’s just horrid and I’m sick tired of her. But I would love to see things like the Anasterian fight against Arthas, with voice lines that let both characters interact with each other.

Still, they said they would be changing the geography of the maps and add little side quests. So we could be seen all those things added in the end.
That means, that until we have the reforged campaign on our hands we won’t know what exactly has been added and what has been cut off.

What I just want is everyone not fighting over because some want a reforged campaign and other don’t.

We are all warcraft fans that grew with the game and want to see it enhanced and built up to today’s graphic standards. Why we don’t just talk about how the gameplay feels and give actual feedback on that side, as well as give feedback on the upcoming enhanced world editor, which I think is the most important feature of warcraft 3. Can’t wait to play new custom games that will be made by our amazing community of map makers.

2 Likes

Whilst I agree with a lot of what you have said.

Just want to point out there is a seperate forum page for what you are requesting here:

If you click the drop down on ‘General Discussion’ there are Reforged Bug Reporting and Feedback areas :wink:

Yes I do know of those areas. Is just that everyone is making a rant about what has been said on Blizzcon about the campaign and everyone is fighting against each other when we could talk about other things talked in the deep dive. Like the world editor and the new system they added that would let you add individual stats to a character or an item (using a map maker wanting to do a rpg map as an example).

Just wanted to point that we could shift our attention from these posts to other more important things.

1 Like

i signed it.

Signed. So upset over half of what was promised being scrapped. At least tell us you’ll release it on time but then continue to work on it and add in the missing parts after launch. Don’t just say “Nah we’re not giving you what we advertised.”

1 Like

We all know the REAL diehard fans are mad about how Warcraft 2 only made one of Warcraft 1’s endings canon, right?

2 Likes

Signed…Give us what u promised Blizzard!!!

1 Like

Signed, done.

Signed.
“4+ hours of reforged in-game cutscenes” - its ur words, Blizzard, we can see it now on official page WC3:Reforged. And the promise (everyone heard your words) that the campaign will be supplemented and changed in some places (in order to better reveal some important characters and remove inconsistencies with the world of warcraft).
You made just a 45-minute presentation on the cult game. And everything came to the situation that after that there were more questions than answers.
If you do not have time to realize all the ideas of the campaign, then postpone them! You can implement this later, but give any guarantees that we will receive the promised. You have already done a titanic work, people appreciate it (just not everyone can restrain their emotions and forget to write about it), but still you promised. And we will wait for the reforged campaign, even if only the classic campaign is available from the release, we will have multiplayer and custom maps.

no one wants the story to change only the missions like the “culling of stratholme” from last year’s blizzcon.
i dont think anyone would like to change the story.
but a few extra dialogues and seeing anasterian sunstrider exchanging some lines with arthas at silvermoon would be awesome.
this is the closest thing we could get for another RTS warcraft.
this is the reason players are sad about it not because they like wow.
i hate wow! i hate moba and dota!
I WANT AN RTS WARCRAFT!
and it was very close…

when blizzarf scraps content, it suggests that they are struggling.

Signed it since this was the main reason to me I was looking forward to Reforged. To see the campaign in a new light and since I’m still able to go back to the classic campaign I’m quite sad about this.

Signed, never surrender to those old shxts that will ruin this game to be reborn