Inconsistencies in Classic WC3 that you want to see fixed in Reforged

This problem happens because the “Human” faction only have 3 human units: the peasant, footman and knight. Ironically most units are dwarfs and elfs.

I hope they add human replacement for the units just like the chaplain and hydromancer replace the Priest and Sorcerers for Kul Tiraz in the Rexxar campaign, because many factions should not be using so many dwarfs and elf units.

In the King Arthas mission they have to use many bandits models because there is not enough human models for army units.

Not even a human crossbowman…? Come one.

1 Like

Maybe Chaplains as some sort of Silverhand Priests, but maybe not Hydromancers. Daelin only came to Lordaeron and picked up some survivors, but not give reinforcements.

Maybe placeholders? I think the Militia Commander would look like the WC2 Paladin, a Knight with a Captain helm, and the Militia Spearman would look like a Militia with the Brigand equip, and the Militia Captain would probably be some tight leather spearman with some leather armor (like SC2 ghost)

Or the Militia Spearman be changed with Militia Crossbowman

1 Like

A human with a crossbow would make sense, since we had that in the first Warcraft game. And maybe some kind of human warlock, since there do seem to be some that fight with the alliance. I would reuse the fallen priest model for this case.

2 Likes

Bookmarked. Would love to see the main post updated with your notes.

1 Like

[quote=“Ardenaso-1336, post:77, topic:9437”]
Maybe Chaplains as some sort of Silverhand Priests, but maybe not Hydromancers. Daelin only came to Lordaeron and picked up some survivors, but not give reinforcements. [/quote]

Not literally Chaplain and Hydromancers, I said just like the chaplain and hydromancers replaces non-human units with a human unit.

They can change the units to whatever they seem fit. The point is to stop using so many dwarf and elf units in factions that should be mostly using humans, specially someone as racist as Garithos is.

And specially on missions like King Arthas, stop using Bandit models because there is no human models to use as army.

Maybe placeholders? I think the Militia Commander would look like the WC2 Paladin, a Knight with a Captain helm, and the Militia Spearman would look like a Militia with the Brigand equip, and the Militia Captain would probably be some tight leather spearman with some leather armor (hopefully it’s a girl)

Or the Militia Spearman be changed with Militia Crossbowman

Well, it’s the chance to add human units instead of using the bandit models because there is no humans to use as army.

Not having a single ranged human using a crossbow is really strange. Because of this all ranged units in the Campaign turn into Spearman.

1 Like

You’re right, my mistake. Chaplains should really be there (another unit but just change the Kul Tiran crest to Lordaeron crest)

Anyway, lemme just plug this one here since we want the fact that all campaign units must be having a unique model, consistent: Campaign/Unique models that are yet to appear

1 Like

Forest Trolls would work fine with the Blackrock Clan, plus the models are already in-game.

Yeah, put women to fight too. Men are so discriminated.

Yes. This…and I want more content for the game. :stuck_out_tongue:

since we got Anasterian and Thalorien, there’s a possibility that we will also see Velonara, Lana’thel, Rommath, and even Rhonin and Baron Ashvane

2 Likes

Love all this interest in the lore good to know there’s this community! And not sure if this has been answered but:
You are right that the Darkspears are jungle trolls, and not forest trolls like Zul’jin was and so had little to do with him.

But in Chronicle (vol.2 i think? Not sure) it says that following what happened during the 2nd War…joining the orcish horde, uniting the all the forest troll tribes, attacking the high elves, abandonment by the horde and his capture/torture and eventual escape…
Word spread, not only among forest trolls but ALL trolls and he was hailed as a hero of troll kind!
Although yeh it is a bit bizarre ey?

Also on a side note, would love it if they could possibly slighty change Tyrande’s lines from the beginning of the Nelf Campagin in RoC: she talks about these strange races (orcs and humans) now in Kalimdor as if shes never encountered them before…but in the War of the Ancients novels she has many significant interactions with the orc Broxigar, which she would be unlikely to forget!

1 Like

At the blizzcon they state Chronivle is from the POV of the Titans so even if it’s still canon is not 100% sure no longer

not sure if that would even reach the Darkspears in Sen’jin Isle

but Broxigar was only teleported in time after Warcraft 3, and I doubt that would change the current timeline.

Iin any case you’re wondering why Illidan called Arthas a ‘human’, no it wasn’t because he met Rhonin; Illidan most likely met some humans in Felwood

I was thinking about these minor changes for a long time now. Good to see that other, actually so many, people share my exact thoughts!

3 Likes

Eek, don’t mention that, grr…
We should not have WoW and post TfT-RoC material retcon Warcraft III within Warcraft III.
They broke it afterwards, not before.

2 Likes

Besides, that part doesn’t change the current timeline even if it was canon

Sure, but it does raise problems like orcs not being recognized by Tyrande as mentioned above by someone.
And, it’s just a meh story. Time travel never was part of Warcraft and it usually ruins stories unless the main idea of those stories is that and even then proper thought has to be given to the connection of the story’s events.

3 Likes

Agreed. I hate time travel cliches and tropes and they are the embodiment of unnecessary paradoxes. I hate WoD so much because of that

Jailor Kassan has a unique model with reforged.

WoD was more of a universe-jump than a time travel story. The time travel was actually really minor.