Inconsistencies in Classic WC3 that you want to see fixed in Reforged

For me, the Maps of Dalaran have the worst design in terms of theme in the Campaign.

When I played, it never looked like you were assaulting a “City of Mages”. We barelly see any mages, there is more Dwarvens than humans or mages in the City as their army. It looks like a regular Melee map battle.

And look at the names of the Enemy Factions:

-Mages’ Guild (light blue)
-Sorcerers’ League (dark blue)
-Kirin Tor (grey)

The names does not represent what you really fight against. The Mage’s Guild have more dwarfs and footman than mages, the Sorcerers League have more Dwarfs and Knights than Sorcerers and the Kirin Tor attack you using Gyrocopters and Gryphons.

And the city is FULL of dwarfs everywhere.

Can they at least put mages on Dalaran? Fire Mages, Arcane Mages, Frost Mages, replace the huge amount of Rifleman scatered across the city.

It would be good if they actually themed the factions. Sorcerer League with High Elfs, Mages Guild with Dwarfs and humans and Kirin Tor with Mages and magical constructs like Arcane Golems.

The same “In the Burning Sky” mission. It does not look like a counter attack of Dalaran. It just look like 3 melee Alliance players attacking you.

7 Likes

a dark shamans (or dark farseer, which is a type of shaman) abilities would be identical to the far seers abilities

One more inconsistency, Darkspears’ summon/birth sound is “Vengeance for Zul’jin!” when they have literally NOTHING to do with him. They were not even part of the trolls in WC2

4 Likes

Yeah, imagine if all/most night elves turned druidic after WotA. Besides, it would be silly to discard the Well’s arcane powers for “good” entirely. It might work with the Horde/Orcs but that’s due to them not only being orcs and witch doctors and spirit walkers being some sort of shaman spinoffs.

:\ That’s like saying, nothing strictly says that a paladin couldn’t be addicted to magic. You’re seeing it too contemporary as with drugs. Doctors, of course can be addicted to drugs but that doesn’t mean it works the same way in Warcraft.
A lame thing about this TfT retcon is that high elves could not have stayed long out of the Sunwell’s reach (especially during battles) without having to return to it to ease their addiction. The logic would have been that the night elves were moon worshipers while the high elves would’ve become sun worshipers but well, when you get a crazy idea and want to implement it without caring or thinking what it might do to previous lore logic, the result is a retcon which gets apologetics like: “nothing says a high elf druid couldn’t still be addicted to magic”.

Not Darkspear ones. The first time we even know of them is RoC. They are from Stranglethorn Vale. It would make sense for them to be part of the Horde in a way since the orcs came from the south or at least in Azeroth (land) and Stranglethorn Vale is in the south of that land but they were not invented yet in Warcraft II. Also, the elves were at war with the Zul’Amani and it made sense for these to join the orcs against the Alliance.
It’s weird since Zul’Aman is farther to Blackrock than Stranglethorn Vale but I guess lorewise it makes sense for Zul’Amani trolls to be in Blackrock with the orcs and not Darkspear ones.

More like a soft shut eye to arcanists. Demonology is forbidden or at least any arcane magic related to demons. The Priestess of the Moon, the Faerie Dragon are arcane magic users although not entirely.

!?
Since when it’s problematic raising any creature? Necromancy worked fine before WoW. Even Arthas mentions in RoC that each dead high elf will be an addition to their army.

No such thing as a dark shaman in Warcraft III as far as I remember.
Elementals are rebellious by nature so Shamans do not use their powers with them agreeing most of the time. The titans banished both the Old Gods and elementals who worshiped the gods (RoC manual).
The manual also mentions Water Elementals as mindless. In this context, elementals are like golems but then they are not truly elemental apart from their composition.

Still think Warlocks would be better. There’s no mention they all were wiped out, especially since TfT brought them back as survivors via Drak’thul.
So, again with Gul’dan’s adventure in the Tomb of Sargeras, those Shamans should have been Warlocks, obviously not Death Knights since the latter were fearless and pretty obedient of Gul’dan.

Since you follow lore, necrolytes were all turned to DK in WcII’s manual. About Warlocks, see above.

Actually, in that chapter we could/should have been Kael and the blood elves fail, not necessarily die out.

No please. Use the DK, I’m dropping the Warlock, just no Dark Shaman, Dark Seer or any other silly WoW thing like that.

Well, you have to understand these campaigns were made with also learning about melee in mind. But with Reforged they could get past this if they wanted to because WoW fans coming to Reforged would surely not like their lore twisted that much as we, “purists”, don’t like WoW twisting original lore.

Yeah. Maybe, it was their way of linking the Darkspear Tribe to WcII, an “Easter egg” or an actual mistake?

It appears that the original plan for the Troll Headhunter was for them to belong to the same group of trolls as in WC2 - check the classic battle net description for troll headhunters, it still describes them as “The disenfranchised Trolls of northern Lordaeron have once again pledged their savage services to the Orcish Horde.”. At some point it appears that plot aspect was dropped from the campaigns, and the model was implemented as a jungle troll, but the voice wasn’t changed.

4 Likes

In Wc3 we found that some of them managed to survive on the Broken Isles and even Kalimdor, so it wouldn’t be hard to believe that one of them managed to survive among the demon worshippin’ Blackrocks, I find harder to think the same on first gen DK’s, if any of them survived they were either trapped in Outland or turned into Liches by KJ.

1 Like

I get that, but how zoomed in would we have to be to be able to tell the difference between a jungle troll vs forest troll model? Quite a whole lot I’d say.

WC2 Death Knights it is then

A little bit and very slight, but I wish in King Arthas, the elves are changed to their High Elf versions since Jenalla has been confirmed to be a High Elf

As you may have noticed, I am also trying to keep this thread up and alive so that Blizzard will notice this

3 Likes

Not necessarily that much? They are usually portrayed as having different skin colours.

Yeah, I’m hoping they noticed too. And that it’s not to late to do some of these changes if they haven’t already.

4 Likes

This game was created before all these yellow books were written. Therefore, be kind, calm your “talents” and let us enjoy a game close to what it was.

No. We will roll out these inconsistencies since we wanna be purists so badly.

Also, another slight inconsistency: there are dwarves in Dreadlord’s Fall but we have to find them to have them in A New power in Lordaeron

3 Likes

Well, when Garithos finds them he does tell them that he’s angry with them because they went on a picnic in a time of war lol. So i just assumed they decided to do a camping trip out of nowhere xD

1 Like

Only that the RoC manual says:
“Though the horde allied itself with the evil forest trolls during the
Second War, the alliance was short lived due to the horde’s eventual
defeat. But Thrall, on one of his many journeys, befriended a
tribe of shadowy trolls from the steamy jungles of Stranglethorn.”
Even their official site is external material. If it’s not in the game or what comes with it as the manual, it’s pretty much irrelevant.

If you’re referring to the neutral hostile ones, well, I don’t know if that’s supposed to be actual lore. For instance, Drak’Thul was still regarded as a warlock, no?
Also, Necrolytes were basically Warlocks, the necromantic side of Warlocks. I’m not saying it’s impossible for some to have survived or to have reemerged. I’m saying that if we put it this way, nothing actually goes away.

Fair. Not all elves met with Kael or might have agreed with his leadership etc. But then does it mean that these high elf remnants are not addicted to magic? I guess, eventually they’ll become blood elves even though not called so.
Indeed you are referring to the visuals of that particular chapter, only.

1 Like

This problem happens because the “Human” faction only have 3 human units: the peasant, footman and knight. Ironically most units are dwarfs and elfs.

I hope they add human replacement for the units just like the chaplain and hydromancer replace the Priest and Sorcerers for Kul Tiraz in the Rexxar campaign, because many factions should not be using so many dwarfs and elf units.

In the King Arthas mission they have to use many bandits models because there is not enough human models for army units.

Not even a human crossbowman…? Come one.

1 Like

Maybe Chaplains as some sort of Silverhand Priests, but maybe not Hydromancers. Daelin only came to Lordaeron and picked up some survivors, but not give reinforcements.

Maybe placeholders? I think the Militia Commander would look like the WC2 Paladin, a Knight with a Captain helm, and the Militia Spearman would look like a Militia with the Brigand equip, and the Militia Captain would probably be some tight leather spearman with some leather armor (like SC2 ghost)

Or the Militia Spearman be changed with Militia Crossbowman

1 Like

A human with a crossbow would make sense, since we had that in the first Warcraft game. And maybe some kind of human warlock, since there do seem to be some that fight with the alliance. I would reuse the fallen priest model for this case.

2 Likes

Bookmarked. Would love to see the main post updated with your notes.

1 Like

[quote=“Ardenaso-1336, post:77, topic:9437”]
Maybe Chaplains as some sort of Silverhand Priests, but maybe not Hydromancers. Daelin only came to Lordaeron and picked up some survivors, but not give reinforcements. [/quote]

Not literally Chaplain and Hydromancers, I said just like the chaplain and hydromancers replaces non-human units with a human unit.

They can change the units to whatever they seem fit. The point is to stop using so many dwarf and elf units in factions that should be mostly using humans, specially someone as racist as Garithos is.

And specially on missions like King Arthas, stop using Bandit models because there is no human models to use as army.

Maybe placeholders? I think the Militia Commander would look like the WC2 Paladin, a Knight with a Captain helm, and the Militia Spearman would look like a Militia with the Brigand equip, and the Militia Captain would probably be some tight leather spearman with some leather armor (hopefully it’s a girl)

Or the Militia Spearman be changed with Militia Crossbowman

Well, it’s the chance to add human units instead of using the bandit models because there is no humans to use as army.

Not having a single ranged human using a crossbow is really strange. Because of this all ranged units in the Campaign turn into Spearman.

1 Like

You’re right, my mistake. Chaplains should really be there (another unit but just change the Kul Tiran crest to Lordaeron crest)

Anyway, lemme just plug this one here since we want the fact that all campaign units must be having a unique model, consistent: Campaign/Unique models that are yet to appear

1 Like