How do I play the original Warcraft 3 now?

They have been doing this for years with their other games. It should surprise no one that this happened with Warcraft III when they updated it.

Games I can confirm which have had their system requirements raised in recent years…

• StarCraft II: No longer supports XP and Vista, needs 64bit OS, a lot more HDD space and D3D 11 compatible GPU.
  • Diablo III: No longer supports XP and Vista, needs 64bit OS, 8 GB of memory and D3D 11 compatible GPU.
  • Heroes of the Storm: No longer supports XP and Vista, needs 64bit OS, a lot more HDD space, 8 GB of memory and D3D 11 compatible GPU.

This is not factoring in the recent raise in Mac system requirements which killed off a lot of HotS players who cannot afford to pay the Apple tax anymore for a modern system.

Its all new games.
Diablo 3 dont ruin Diablo 2.

1 Like

this is ducking insane, I can’t play the game i had installed on my computer because this “update” stole that access from me, I dont want the update, I dont want to lose shadows and be exposed to the terrible bugs and problems that come with this update. I just want to play the game thats been installed on my hard drive for years.

Blizzard is literally the scummiest video game company in existence now I hope the CEOs choke to death on a peanut alone with their piles of cash they try to extort from a formerly beloved fanbase.

3 Likes

I bought Warcraft 3 - give it back.

6 Likes

No they want your money and you have to give it to them. you dont own wc3 anymore they updated it to death

Blob shadows still mechanically work in classic mode. The problem is entirely a custom map related bug where by custom unit types or customizing unit blob shadow shape of existing unit types results in the fields being read as 0. A 0 height and 0 width blob shadow is invisible as it covers no area.

World Editor uses the correct values so this must be some bug with how custom object data is read. I have forwarded this bug to William, who may or may not have had it reported already.

warcraft 3 classic blizzard kill ,and warcraft 3 reforged its trash game , i think its time for leave blizzard games

1 Like

download the test realm version check the post on how to do it in general discussion

1 Like

Try this:

How about some support here Blizz? Old game after update is unplayable, I get an “There was an error handling the request” once the game launches.

Please make the original wc3 game still available for those who purchased it. Why are you forcing reforged patches on the original game?

1 Like

Make sure both a RoC and TFT CD Key are attached to your BattleNet account. One cannot play classic without these. The RoC key is especially important and has been confirmed to be critical to the login process. Alternatively owning Reforged will also work.

It would be very useful if a better error message could be presented to users. For example if they lack both Reforged and classic CD keys it should state that “this account does not have a licence to play Warcraft III” rather than some generic error message that could be caused by any number of reasons.

You are in the same boat as all of us. BLIZZARD F’d US ALL BY BLOCKING WARCRAFT III AND DENYING ACCESS TO THE OLD BATTLENET PLAY.

You are in the same boat as all of us. BLIZZARD F’D US ALL BY BLOCKING WARCRAFT III AND DENYING ACCESS TO THE OLD BATTLENET PLAY.

reforge its buged game 0.5/10 ,traying one time… , i want play classic game only :slight_smile:

1 Like

To those who come here wondering how to play Classic Warcraft 3. The 2 games, the old and the new have been made one. You have to download the WC3 Reforged client if you want to play the Classic version. If you have not connected the warcraft classic account (the keys) to the new Battle.net account you will see a Error screen appear after opening the WC3 Reforged app. To enter the keys you have to go the Battle.net site, click on your account, next to assistance, then settings and look for an area where it states you can enter “Keys”. There you can type your keys and the game will instantly recognize them.

I bought Warcraft 3 + TFT some time ago so I had it on my bnet Account too, afaik I never got a key for that and I lost my very old CDs from the first time I bought them.
I also bought WC3 Reforged but I refunded it successfully. When I start WC3 now via the Blizzard Launcher I get that error message you’re talking about.

So what step should I do? Make a support ticket and ask for the key?

Make a support ticked about the issue. If you can pull out your receipts from when you brought RoC and TFT from Blizzard it may help.

They should not need to produce a key for you since you should already have them attached to your account from when you brought RoC and TFT online from Blizzard. The key should be visible from your account details.

If you did not buy RoC or TFT from Blizzard online then you will need to find the keys to add to your account. This includes any boxed retail editions or lose CD keys brought from other online retailers.

There is no way back, WC3 is a thing of the past.

1 Like

You paid for it and they pretty much robbed you. Torrent it and use your key, but forget about mp. Sadly these ccp bootlickers won’t make the classic available for us. I hope trump gets 4 more years and throws tons of tariffs on outsourced staff too not just on hairdryers. That would be epic, forcing this greedy company to produce actual quality.

1 Like

this is not the place to discuss piracy. if you have the disc however, you can install it and patch it up. you can download patches up to version 1.26a.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.