How characters Should Look like

If it’s an exploit, no.

i think that even in LOL which can be compared to wcR microtransactions in the form of “Skins” they have “pirated”/modded skins… so basicly clientside modding should be doable, it is still doable in original wc3

1 Like

Sorry,i was using a symbolical dictionary. Its a real thing,legal.
But yes,its possible to go many directions . Even tho,this is just what rushed in my brain, its kinda a subject for another thread, so i will stop.

This, precisely this, and in that source they show Malfurion during the Third War with the appearance he had in-game (missions and cinematics), so it’s set, they should give him that appearance with all the HD and stuff they want, but keeping themselves faithfull to that look. They decided for him to share the Druid of the Talon skeleton and animations because they thought it fitted best with their depiction of him, they gave hin an unique skin, they repeated the model for TFT, I don’t know how someone can call himself “lore nerd” and ignore the most important lore source, the game itself. If he changed his appearance in WoW and started fighting in melee and adopting various animal forms, well, that’s WoW lore, if they sometime in the distant future decide to cover that part of the history (I hope they never do) they can give him that appearance (it sucks), but by all means, if they are covering the Third War and the events of Wc3, then the guy needs his Wc3, completely lore accurate, appearance.

I like that you agree with me and then go on to not agree with me.

Nah I agree with you, the other part of the comment was for the other guy that kept fighting about Malfurion’s staff and appearance, however I now noticed it was like 50 comments ago, man this scalated quickly.

I wish I could just type ‘fair enough’ without needing to go over 20 characters.

Fair enough.

A lot of the lore of warcraft 3 has already been forgotten in order to do more catering to wow fans… This is finally about warcraft 3…the originals fans of this game should be paid some respect too… Don’t you agree…

Warcraft movie portrayed dalaran for instance as a flying city… Without taking into account it was raised from the wrong during wrath of the lich king…
I think we had had enough catering for wow fans

Warcraft movie was in a seperate, alternate timeline and canon. Good try though.

oh so that wasnt part of your umbrella called warcraft?, well you are very selective. lol

1 Like

I don’t know how I can spell out for you that YOU are the one constantly talking about the upkeep or lore and appearances and the like. Which is why it bears mentioning that your beef with the movie’s depiction of stuff winds up with no bearing on your fears you have for Warcraft Reforged because they’re in different canons.

alright kid. whatever you say

1 Like

I’m sorry you can’t grasp anything you read from other people or even your own posts, given the very selective attention you have, but ultimately and at the end of the day you’re not getting your self-described “pure” visuals because of Blizzard’s goal with the visual design.

Cheers.

I’m sorry you cant see you stand alone here, you’ve already fought with many today, and you still think you stand right and others are wrong… somebody like that doesnt worth time…ive already wasted much asnwering you out of politeness

1 Like

I like your design of Jaina, but to be honest I don’t mind the new model. The only thing I found weird was that the awesome runes on her cloack aren’t there anymore. Why blizzard whyyyy

Those concept arts are so awesome, and what I was hoping to see in Reforged. Jaina has especially bothered me, as you can tell that Reforged and HotS allowed WoW to influence her design.

The real issue to me is that WoW is extremely retricting on how characters can be designed. All characters have to fit the WoW equipment restrictions of shoulder pads, cape, etc. A look like Jaina or Maive’s original looks simply weren’t possible in WoW because real capes (ones that cover the shoulders and aren’t just backwards bibs) weren’t possible, nor anything else really unique.

I like what we saw of Reforged, I just wish the shoulder pads were toned down, and if you’re gonna give a character a cape, don’t make it a WoW-style cape. A cape should be something like what Jon Snow wore, not Superman. But even superman had a more functional cape than what they gave Jaina or Arthas.

2 Likes

1)Dreadlords MUST have their tails. Without tail chracter looks disabled and uncomplete.
2) Infernals should not have their collars like in WoW. Devs should admit that they some bad art desissions now and then.
3) Humans should not wield stupid oversized full size animal (lion, eagle etc) shaped armour (shoulder pieces for the most part). It looks very unconvinient, overweight and clown like. The same goes for footman’s shield shon on Blizzcon: what is this huge metal circle-star metal thing? Onlu imagine carrying this or fighting with this. It aslo looks bad from visual perspective.

4 Likes

I am not sure how you feel but i wasn’t satisfied with the skeleton warriors which we saw in the Stratholme beta.

2 Likes

why ? Very diablo-like ? Id propose all stuff becomes D2-like in sizes and then it would be epic. Imagine, the retcon they did with the opening WIII cinematic. The old one had a serious D-2 feel to it. The rest of ingame films were completely different. This one was serious, armors look more serious and less cartoony than in the new. Only if the whole was made like this, the more serious tone is the better direction. Armor thickness, colors ? White, gold. When I see these colors, it screams D3, SC2 all over again. Does Blizz have addiction to these colors ? It looks seriously, wrong. Arthas ? Gold limes all over his armor. It is worse than the old actually. And at first I really thought that it was better. Cartoony sheet with oversized and badly proportioned stuff. Swords thick like splitting axes.

My take on grom
xhttps://www.artstation.com/artwork/gJ84vZ
xhttps://www.artstation.com/artwork/58BgJA

1 Like