Fps drop not fixed since 1.33

This is the thousand time I have been posting this, no one gives a sh1t about it in blizzard or playside, but I’m gonna post again

My Specs are:
CPU: i7 11370H
GPU: RTX 3060

There has been a terrible FPS drop since 1.33 patch in Classic Mode of Warcraft Reforged, the FPS drop happens on Laptops that have hybrid graphics (on-board CPU graphic and a dedicated Graphics Card, like Asus TUF series)

The scenario is: for some techincal reasons, the Game decides to render the Classic GFX on CPU (on-board GPU) and it does not utilize the discrete GPU, it uses the on-board GPU for rendering and uses the discrete one to only copy the 3D data, as the windows 11 Task manager indicates

Rendering GFX from 2002 seems fine for a 2020th CPU, as it gives 200-300FPS on 1920x1080, it satisfies the 144HZ, 244HZ players, but what about higher resoloutions? I have a 3440x1440@144HZ display that my i7 11370H is not capable of rendering a 2002 GFX more than 80-90FPS, that’s why my RTX3060 is idle all the time and my i7 CPU is capped at 100% usage

The scenario is like using fork to eat soup, while leaving the spoon idle

Now what is the technical issue that is causing this? I’m not a blizzard/playside developer, But I do know that: something has been changed during the dev swaps that happened while handing the game from blizz to playside

The 1.32 version used to be fine on rendering classic GFX on GPU, but since 1.33, I suppose the Playside team has messed up with the DirectX library versions and maybe updated them to latest versions?

I am not a blizz developer, But I am a developer who has knowledge about these stuffs, and as I am aware of, Newer versions of DirectX are not able to run the simulated Old DX GFX in a Native Fullscreen Mode, so if you are using the latest versions of DX, you cannot have a Native Fullscreen Mode in the Classic GFX because their DX instructions are usually transpiled/converted using some compatibility layers

The issue might have happened by a PlaySide newbie who just likes having every dependancy running the latest version, but this is problematic at this point

The main reason that most people do not realize it is: they are using a 1920x1080@144HZ monitor, so that even a 2010 CPU can render the 2002 game at 144, but then again the discrete GPU stays idle

The technical problem I’m reporting, indicates that my game is not running in Native Fullscreen when using Classic GFX, even though I have set it in the settings to run using Native Fullscreen and not windowed fullscreen, But again it uses the Windowed Fullscreen as my DWM.exe in Windows Task Manager indicates a 100% usage, this means that there is something wrong in the game side

My specs has not changed, I’m using the latest version of drivers that Both intel and nvidia offer, and the game was fine until patch 1.32, and 1.33 just ruined it

I have to mention that, everything is fine when using that ugly Reforged GFX, game uses the GPU in that way since there is not much of a compatibility layer, it uses the Native Window too, but this is not the case when using Classic GFX

I have truely been tired of reporting this since every patch since 1.33

most people with weaker GPUs are even getting 1-2 fps in complex custom maps due to this reason

1 Like

Dunno what you’re going on about but the issue seems addressed for me, my fps is back to normal, or more specifically the FPS issue that practically everyone was complaining about before today.

As for the issue with integrated and discrete graphics: This can easily be resolved by disabling the integrated graphics driver in Device Manager. It is not a new issue or one exclusive to this game, and it’s something that many laptop gamers have had to deal with in many games over the years.

Or you can just use those “ugly” (highly subjective, I think it looks just fine) graphics.

There’s also an option with windows force the game to run on discrete GPU as well with Nvidia control panel to force the PC to run on Discrete as well.

I mean Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind had done that to me when I was playing the game on my gaming laptop.

1 Like

It does not work, I have forced it to use discrete GPU both from windows settings and NVIDIA settings, it just does not work

I have explained the technical issues, which was fine until 1.32

I’m not gonna answer to rats like captainjack

Here is my FPS in 1.31 and 1.36, you can get the result:

imgur /a/O4t8Mwl

you disable the driver in device manager and then it can’t be loaded or used by anything, so if it still doesn’t work, then the problem isn’t what you think it is. There’s no need to be a jerk.

1 Like

you disable the driver in device manager and then it can’t be loaded or used by anything, so if it still doesn’t work, then the problem isn’t what you think it is. There’s no need to be a jerk.

resilient rat, If your mom has not taught you, then I as your father can teach you: there is no way to disable on-board GPU in a hybrid laptop and also output to external monitor, if you do so, you cannot output your Screen to an external monitor, the Display Output Port is wired to the on-board GPU

and if there is no external monitor, even the on-board GPU can output +144FPS on 1920x1080, the problem is on external display

1 Like

Either device should be able to output to an external monitor, if it cant you have a seriously defective laptop.

1 Like

Yes resilient rat, I have an asus tuf gaming dash f15, not just this, every other laptop with hybrid GFX is in the same condition, In a PC you have the option to chose which one to Plug-In, but not in a Laptop

Even if so, there shouldn’t be this much of difference between 1.31 and 1.36 both in same res and same hardware and same GFX

I get 100FPS in 1.36 and +200FPS in 1.31, the playside has just F*ed up something related to the game libraries

I have no problem in driver / configuration side, I’m just telling that it was freakingly fine before 1.33 sh1t has arrived

Some retard in playside did sth like npm update or equalient to be ASMR satisfied, and f*ed up the legacy DX stuffs that allowed Native Fullscreen

I change the fullscreen from native to windowed and not even a single frame FPS count changes, it’s basically the same, both are handed over to DWM.exe to render the sh1t

its fixed for me brother, i think its on your end. i know tons of people that had massive fps problems but since now dont.

2 Likes

My problem is not related to recent patches, It’s since 1.33 and I have been telling about it every patch since 1.33 and no result

freezing client continue

External monitors aside…

Seeing that Nvidia has a pretty decent market share, watch out for GeForce Optimus.

If a system uses it, you can’t just disable the integrated GPU. It will cause a massive hit to performance, not just to the game, but to the entire system.

1 Like

Thing is, it’s not going to get fixed because it’s not a game bug, it’s bad hardware design.

Hello ErfanXD. The issue is still not resolved for me as well. Unfortunately I don’t have any solution except definitely don’t listen to the weird forum trolls. They seriously baffle me.

1 Like

When I find a “weird forum troll” I’ll be sure to warn others against them. Haven’t seen any recently though. Mostly just seeing people giving their honest perspectives on things.

1 Like

I could assure that by cooperating with your mom, have created one called “CaptainJack”

You’re going to have to be more grammatically coherent to offend me :slight_smile:

1 Like

client freezing continue

Then send your dxdiag to the devs. And that’s all you can do.

Also please add “.com” to create a link to your screenshots. So, that way it is easier for us just to copy and paste it on the search bar.

2 Likes

Here is my dxdiag, the reason I cannot embed link is forum does not allow me:
https:// www.mediafire .com/file/w7hamnrr488cgz2/DxDiag.txt/file