Fix the sound already

It’s still not fixed

4 Likes

Any words on this? Its standard procedure from a developer that when he break things, he either fix it or at least gives an update… why is blizzard wondering about their bad reputation? its pretty obvious why people are annoyed

2 Likes

Bumping. Can we get a fix on this?

3 Likes

Nope, everything else works out of the box very easily. Except, you know, old aging abandoned games. Which WC3 thankfully is no longer.

Warcraft 3 was working out of the box, until pete stilwell broke the game completely. Do you got nothing better to do with your life than trolling?

1 Like

No it was not. It had unplayable low performance when running in D3D mode on Windows 10. It also only supported 4:3 resolutions. It did not even run on modern Mac OS at all.

All of these have been fixed by the recent patches.

The reason they moved to FMOD is because all their games use FMOD and they needed to upgrade the audio system as part of fixing Mac OS support.

It was working perfectly fine for me since release. I didnt have a single problem with the sound.

Also, why are you not banned yet?

2 Likes

Neither did I. The problem was with in game performance on Windows 10 being bad, no wide screen support and a lack of modern Mac OS support, hence why the patches were needed.

Some of the sound problems appear to be related to Mac OS compatibility as was hinted when they disabled MIDI ambient sounds, hence likely why they needed to migrate to FMOD. Any sound problems now are likely bugs with the migration but most of those have been fixed.

1 Like

Still not fixed for me either

4 Likes

Bump. still hasnt been fixed. Can you get to work already, or hire someone who can fix it?

4 Likes

Until an option is added to disable sound when minimized, you can hit Ctrl + S and Ctrl + M in game (or game menus) to disable sound and music appropriately. The same shortcut can also be used to enable them again.

Man, someone in this thread really needs some medicated wipes, that’s a lot of butthurt.

Yes, by the way. The answer to your question is yes. Pete Stilwell deliberately broke the sound so that it would be a nuisance to you specifically. I think he was saying something like “man, I totally hate that guy so I am going to make changes that will specifically keep music playing while tabbed out just to annoy him!”

3 Likes

Still hasnt been fixed. This is irresponsible by the developers.

5 Likes

The sound continuing playback when minimized? That is technically not a bug to fix, just there is currently a lack of feature to disable it…

Why are you still in this thread, clown? :clown_face:

3 Likes

Still isnt fixed.

Please fire pete stilwell and hire a serious developer
getting tired of this crap

1 Like

Still no fix. Gotta be the laziest developers i have met in all my years of gaming.

2 Likes

This still needs to be fixed. RT is a nightmare because 5% of the time, you have a legit player who didn’t know the game started. They are always like “oh chit, I didn’t know I found a game, sorry”.

C’mon. With all the tkers, bsers, griefers… You have to at least fix this. We have legit players missing games because they are getting no notification while minimized.

1 Like

can we get some professional people to work on this game?
we really need it… so many bugs caused by the developers we got right now and they are not working to fix any of them

It’s finally working again, thanks!