Please Fix The Game Window Not Maximizing When You Find A Game! This Should Be Top Priority

The Warcraft 3 game window maximizing when you found a game was a necessary feature. It has to return.

Why is it so important?

• So you do not get frequent AFKers who minimized on mute and are unaware of when they find a game.
  • Players who are currently in queue get burned out by the game faster when they have to listen to the dreadful background sound effects while waiting. It was more refreshing to take a complete break from the game between queues doing something else in the background (homework, watching a TV show, YouTube, etc.).
  • Unfortunately (like the previous point), the sound is the only thing that lets you know when you find a game if you keep the window minimized while searching. It’s annoying and dreadful to have those WC3 sounds in the background while doing other things on your computer (paying bills, online errands, homework, etc.).
  • Sometimes when you manually maximize the game, you do not do it in time to see the race match-ups.

I remember when this feature worked, I did not mind waiting 30+ minutes for a game at 3 in the morning. I was a student then and still a WC3 addict. So I would queue for a game, minimize, and do my homework/studies; and if I found a game, I got that glorious sound and my screen would pop up. It was perfect. Those were the days.

Please keep this topic active and bumped. It needs to be fixed ASAP.

7 Likes

Still hasnt been fixed.

Yea me too. Still not fixed…

bumping for a fix
20chars

Fix this. 20 chars 20 chars

I actually dont have this problem? Weird, i play with -nativefullscr on and my game maximizes everytime a game is found

1 Like

Still needs to fixed please

1 Like

hopefully this will happen soon, certainly by the time reforged releases at least

Works as intended to the best of my knowledge.

It maximizes upon finding a game if you play with -nativefullscr

If you’re playing without it (Borderless Window), it won’t maximize. I also think it lags more if you play with Borderless Window; that’s why I play with -nativefullscr.

… “working as intended” means it should work without having to do any thing like “-nativefullscr”. If the end-user has to edit the shortcuts or something, that doesn’t mean it’s “working as intended”. Most people don’t mess with this stuff which is why it has to be fixed.

It’s starting to ruining RT, so you can’t say “yea, it’s working”.

Border-less Window Mode for Games don’t maximize when games are found on almost any game.

Using Full-screen does.

e.g

Working as intended.

1. It used to maximize in border-less window mode
  2. It does in SC2
  1. No it didn’t.
  2. This isn’t Starcraft 2 or (Insert Game)

Now you are just trolling. I and many other WC3 players remember the screen maximizing when finding a game, hence why we are complaining about the feature being gone.

Use your head.