Failed to authenticate 2.51

When I tried to run classic Warcraft 3, it requested me to login to my account. But everytime when I do this I have error message “Failed to authenticate 2.51” Can you help me fix that?

49 Likes

What exactly are you trying to do, and which patch are you running?

2 Likes

it’s the newest version I think. I’m trying to play classic WC3 because I bought Reforged and I should be able to. But when I run game, it ask me to enter the cd-key or login to battle.net and everytime when I login I have that error message…

9 Likes

Exactly the same situation, I believe it is a new bug for some reason…

6 Likes

I have the same problem.
Bought reforged long time ago, had a working classical W3. Sometimes had to reenter login information. Maybe once in two weeks. But for the last month i cannot play the game/work in world editor because i cannot login. Today it is “Failed to authenticate 2.51”. A week ago it was “Failed to authenticate xx”, not 2.51 but some other number.

Of topic, anyone knows why “beloved” blizz just cant give us freaking cd keys to freaking authenticate permanently with them instead of having to login with account once a week?
(like many i lost my original w3 discs and keys, had to preorder reforged to play classic now)

8 Likes

Same problem :frowning:

6 Likes

I have the exact same problem and its very annoying. I tried to contact them but there reporting system is as useless as their updates

the really upsetting point that its a clearly common issue and bug affecting many people so why aren’t they announcing anything or at least tell us how can we fix this issue to play the game we paid for

5 Likes

more people here are having the same problem. if we are all in the same forums maybe blizz will see us

6 Likes

Same problem, i want to play this game, but cant, cause that “Failed to authenticate 2.51”

3 Likes

Same problem, any solution yet?

2 Likes

sadly NO and it seems that blizzard has NO clue of this issue which is sad

2 Likes

by the way I live in Saudi Arabia so this issue is server host issue which mean all players connecting to it for authentication has the same issue

2 Likes

SAME problem here, Blizzard could you give us CdKeys or maybe fix your servers please…
image : https: [slash slash] ibb[dot]co[slash]cgBLMWq

5 Likes

Same problem, any solutions?

3 Likes

Same problem… Looks like they prepare to release Reforged patch with Undead race.

3 Likes

I’ve found a solution dudes :smiley:

so u need to use a key to connect to the game.

key can be found on internet and it will work ( i cant send a link here but u see what i mean) Have fun :slight_smile:

But what if I dont want to use key from internet ? I bought reforged not for that :confused:

8 Likes

yeh same for me but u still can use it till blizzard will patch it =)

same here, would appreciate a solution

1 Like

If we group in one forums they might see it faster and fix it.

1 Like