Don't get the hate

either that or the devs should give us options on what we want to play, like have different versions Warcraft 3, warcraft 3 frozen throne and warcraft 3 reforged. where it says versions in battle.net it just has reforged, i like the old menu, better it loads faster and it looks better aswell, i dont even have the reforged game, i didnt buy it, instead i was forced to update the launcher just to play the game, why call it reforged when its not. i dont even have the new graphics or any of that. i didnt buy warcraft 3 reforged. i would be tempted but it replaces the original warcraft 3. they could have made this into warcraft 4 but its just graphic updates.
i just don’t get it, why force an update instead of giving people all 3 versions to play, they need to make that a feature for the version section in battle.net. i cant even download the old clients, apparently no one can
how can i say this, im having a lot of thoughts rushing through me at once.
make everyone happy by giving us options like the old version where you have that little icon on the bottom left or right of the screen(i forgot where) that lets us switch between the warcrafts. (im just confusing myself, i dont know what to say)

i like the look of it, ive seen the graphics in the map editor. i just cant see it in the game. i dont know, i just cant put my finger on it exactly. just put all 3 games into the version section in battle.net and ill be happy enough to purchase the reforged when i can and play it.

2 Likes

i guess, but avatars are just for show, if they have added more campaigns sure thats good and ill buy it if they also added more troops to the game, like swordsman captain or something, idk im just throwing random crap out onto the table.

actually forget it, my mind is fighting between which one is better but as long as i have the option to switch between classic and reforged when i buy it? ill be happy.

OH YEA i forgot maybe add more maps and somehow bring back the old original kudo tag. with the linken park music in the background. i cant find that anymore. i played it nearly 6 years ago or something like that, that was my favourite. unlike the other ones where its live for 30 mins, the original version of kudo tag lets you play for aslong as you like, survive as long as you can/want (hopefully if you know the kudo tag im talking about and you know where to find it please give me the link)

1 Like

Yes I was joking, the avatars are worthless. They deleted the classic client because of meta-considerations of “maintaining two clients costs more money than maintaining one client”, even though the 17 year old classic one was running solidly and applying balances patches to it while still working on Reforged is not a big deal. Sad!

4 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying, but you don’t seem to be interested in detailing out the “hate” i sort of been through it from 2018 until now and funny to say this but kind of know about 3-4 different aspects that people view the game that you can kind of say i studied the whole thing, all while discussing it with many people of different opinions across the board.

My only answer to you is if you want to look at the hate or complaining as a surface level highlight you best just not and enjoy the game you do. saying a really short sentence like that almost feels like virtue signaling.

Some parts of the community have been backstabbed enough to warrent a great level of complaints, dislikes and dare i say hate. some really haven’t depending on their needs. Warcraft 3 is a game that satisfied a large audience with different type of needs, some of set needs were incredibly hurt and done injustice to, some were done great positives.

But then again, the war3 forums is kind of like, not really the most constructive place to talk, i’m in the camp of people who Reforged did the most subjective and objective damage to. but i stay off the forums and talk to others in privet to understand them and help them understand me more. so on.

:beers:

I don’t get why people hate on Reforged. I love it and maybe we should be more grateful for what we have instead of complaining about what we don’t have

It’s all about why people hate Reforged.

1. We have been lied to.
  2. There is a lack of content
  3. The game is completely broken!
  4. Contents have been deleted.
  5. Nobody Pays 30 or 40 for ONLY new artwork. (Graphic Mod is free and is better!)
  6. Editor is in English and not in German!

These are 6 reasons why I trash Reforged.
Classic was better!

6 Likes

because giving hate is often empowering.
wc3 is all about ladder and hierarchy.
you feel you dont have position you deserve- you then spread hate with or without its reasonable.

Give us back classic. Why did you have to remake a brand new menu UI ? Where is my game?

5 Likes

its a broken piece of garbage that pretty much looks and plays nothing like the original , nothing in this game is what was promised when it was announced, its an absolute joke and a disgrace that this is a freaking blizzard game. Graphics are freaking terrible, they look like mobile character models not WC3 models, the story mode is a broken mess that actually manges to look and play worse then the OG and on top of that the cutscenes are also even worse then the OG. Its a freaking false advertising POS.

4 Likes

I didnt even purchase reforged, it auto updated, now I cannot even figure out how to play any of my beloved custom campaigns.
The Black Company.
Natures Call.
None of them.
Ive been playing wc3R pokemon legends for months waiting for custom campaigns to return, the only reason I even still played this game is gone. LAME.

2 Likes

Here go this way for 1.27b or 1.31.1 version: Classic Warcraft III --- Official Installers - Official Patches

don’t they say in the last comments that it no longer works?

Only for the PTR. The Backup on Hiveworkshop works and if you want it in different language then english (sadly not completely perfect) you need to do an unclean installation.

1 Like

Did you try to use the language mod with it?

But you might have to put it directly into the game folder, if a retail folder is missing.

If it doesn’t work, then try to add a registry key in regedit for the game folder (like if it was installed normally) or just use the Reforged game path & rename the Reforged folder into something else, as long as you are using the old game version.

Sadly it is not that Shaman uses new voice, it is that the shaman despite the fix in 1.31.1 is using english voice but this is because it is not a 100% installation but a roundaway trying to get something english to german.

1 Like

Ich glaube, dass das Sprachpaket ebenfalls für diese Version des Spiels klappen sollte, weil es ja für die Umstellung auf Reforged vorbereitet wurde. Ich denke, dass es dabei keine Rolle spielt, welche Vertonung gerade vom Spiel benutzt wird.

Ansonsten habe ich das hier gefunden:

Try editing config.txt of war3.mpq

Code (Text):

// Set the LANGID in [Game] to one of these unquoted constants:
//
// English (US) = 0x00000409
// English (UK) = 0x00000809
// French = 0x0000040c
// German = 0x00000407
// Spanish = 0x0000040a
// Italian = 0x00000410
// Czech = 0x00000405
// Russian = 0x00000419
// Polish = 0x00000415
// Portuguese (Brazilian) = 0x00000416
// Portuguese (Portugal) = 0x00000816
// Turkish = 0x0000041f
// Japanese = 0x00000411
// Korean = 0x00000412
// Chinese (Traditional) = 0x00000404
// Chinese (Simplified) = 0x00000804
// Thai = 0x0000041e
//
// Note: Do NOT quote the constant!

[Game]
LANGID=0x00000409

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/change-language-of-game-in-1-28.294367/

1 Like

I tryed to be positive many times too, but now its more than obvious that they released the game in ALPHA state. Literally not even beta!!. And I dont think even 1 person actually plays the game with reforged graphics.

Talking about graphics, the models look incredible. The problem is that you dont zoom in to look models in a game. The bad part is that the textures somehow look worse on reforged than on classic, so in a actual game, SOMEHOW (at least im my opinion) the graphics are better on classic!

But im glad that they are still improving the game. Ping is much better now. Ladder is comming and more!

1 Like

Did you play the original. even for today it was still a great game people played. If it aint broke dont fix it and they broke a products that was not broken

5 Likes

Thanks but sadly the Shaman still has alone his english voice while the rest is in old german already.

1 Like

you don’t understand. reforged gave us nothing, but they took away things about the old game we all played it for. i know alot of people didn’t care about them but i LOVED playing custom campaigns and now blizzard has removed all functionality of them. they took more than they gave, and we all payed for it, literally payed money for it.

6 Likes

I dont either, I play it all the time and love it. People are sooks I guess.