Don't get the hate

I don’t get why people hate on Reforged. I love it and maybe we should be more grateful for what we have instead of complaining about what we don’t have

7 Likes

Because Reforged where nothing like it whas promised and even worse it made less available then it whas before.

Before Reforged you had a functioning Matchmaker with a working ladder, campaings that where hard, with epic voices, custom campaigns and functioning servers.

Now with Reforged the did not brought us the promised broken Campaign Revamp to make the epic campaign even more epic and up to date to the lore, only a few missions where revamped but for that we got beside another difficulty a campaign that became more easier because it whas balanced for RoC Stats but the units became TFT Stats. If you want to stop playing in Reforged Graphics you can not just switch but have different campaign progress.
And the MP people are salty because they lost there matchmaker that worked one and a half decade and one and a half year later it is still not there and need at least 6 months for it while some engaged fan had already made a mod for it to proof it is not so hard.
Both players that are non english speaking are annoyed that BLizzard forced upon them new voices without like SC to get the option to get back to the one they used to love while English Speakers are pissed that they got the old ones despite finding them sh*t.
Where StarCraft Players just got a bloated up version but have still acess to features like before and only payed half of it with a free commander in SC II CO-OP, Warcraft III players needed to pay 30€+ and got a version that is worse then before and have to go to great lengths to get back to the one they used to love

35 Likes

I think the Reforged graphics are perfect! Watching replays of it and playing in Reforged graphics just looks so good, professional and modern. They’re also releasing ladders and stats soon and had a glimpse of it! The only think that bugs me is the cross shared graphics. I’m not so sure about advantages one over another because of the graphics alone, but it can open up to bugs, or where classic graphics gets an advantage over Reforged because of it’s original compatatability, and the extra layers of packets/graphics that Reforged has to process. Ya’ mean?

4 Likes

This is why I did not complained about the graphics. The Graphics only problem is, that for some players they are to realistic and so not anymore cartony Warcraft but most people are unison, that it look awesome. PRoblem is a game can look awesome but if it plays sh*t people will not play it despite how awesome it looks.
And here is the gameplay that got worse. Problems like Connection disruptions, extrem lagging or High Ping and the fact, that they throw out a functioning Matchmaker out before they got an alternative for it make the gameplay worse then before. In Reforged you can not play custom campaigns and it took months for having the offline singleplayer games again that where good before.
And I repeat myself but campaign players are not amused, that despite having now three difficulties for campaign thanks to putting TFT balance on RoC campaign hard difficulty is now easier then before.

So Reforged is like an oldtimer that you wanted to pimp up but on the way to the workshop drove to crash and now you desperate tried to fix during the time you should have instead improve him and when you delivered him you put some high tech colour on it so that the owner pays you without knowing the damage until you are away and he tries to start and when comes back furious you tell him you are otherway busy and the car whas just old but he would let fix it out of mercy from the new employed and the guy short before retiring when they are not otherway urgently needed.

4 Likes

Personally I hate it because it’s an incomplete P.O.S., lacking features the original game had, and is DRM’d to high hell to the point where being able to play it in the future is impossible.

If you want to be grateful for a substandard product, go live in China.

18 Likes

have you actually played the game?

16 Likes

What about things that we had before but were taken away? Should we be grateful they didn’t take everything and focus on what’s left?

No! We fight until what we had is returned to us!

17 Likes

stop ur trolling

9 Likes

there is an option in the game that lets you got back to original so stop acting like trump

It is not the same as the original. It is the Classic version, not the Original. There is a difference.

Also don’t bring politics into this.

11 Likes

and who is forcing you to play warcraft if you don’t like then stop complaigning and stop playing

1 Like

Creator of this thread would probably defend the dictator in Belarus, saying: “You already have a flat and potato! Stop asking for improved quality of life that was promised in 1991! Be grateful for flat and potato!”

12 Likes

no i just don’t believe in complaigning about you can’t change

But we could mayby change. For example in WoW Classic Blizzard originally wanted to bring only EU and RU Servers.
Because of Complaining we got Servers for DACHL, Frankophon and Spain too.
Then Blizzard decided only to bring English RP Servers, after complaining we got two months later the DE RP-PvE Realm Celebras.

2 Likes

It took one (1) guy to bring state of the art information into the WC3 user interface (w3booster) and to create a ladder (w3champions). Now I’m not here to shill for that guy, but it’s just absurd that Blizz took away well functioning elements from the game and half a year after the release of Reforged basic elements of the game such as a simple profile are still missing.

This is not complaining about “vague unrealistic expectations from trailers”, this is complaining about lack of basic functionality of the game and neither Blizzard, nor the gaming industry in general should be allowed to get away with such blatant disrespect against both players and paying customers.

19 Likes

What you had was stealed from us 2003- now that was returned 20 years. you need to also wait 20 years for return.

1 Like

Yes, of course. Ten years ago this would’ve been an alpha version of a Blizzard game, perhaps. The “What, you guys don’t have phones?” moment at Blizzcon was when Blizz clearly showed its true, current face: not giving a damn about the players.

8 Likes

I dont get the shillz but no1’s asking me

2 Likes

Did you play the classic game? If you didn’t then sure, everything looks good because the foundational game is a masterpiece. But for people who played the classic game, they basically got a downgrade. They lost profiles, ladder, ranked features, tournaments, and stuff like that. They there’s global matchmaking, which I don’t really mind, but most players hate. And they mixed it up so people who queue with teams get matched with strangers, which leads to unfair matches (the original it was seperate).

So basically the long time fans lost a bunch of features in the migration. That’s why they’re mad.

9 Likes

Graphics look perfect? Even with that terrible lighting, shadows, colors? Even though they look like they belong in a mobile game, and not Warcraft? When people cannot tell apart units in battles? Yea man perfect :smile:

3 Likes