Don't get the hate

I have created a map to play 4 vs 4 against PC. I hate PVP.
Alliance with dwarf hero PC stuck and was not build base more than 1 lvl. All the game they were fighting with footmans.
Night Elves PC, was not building a base at all. Just stand and wait to be killed.

So overall we were fighting 4 vs 2. Just because some of the PC scripts have a bug.

Why we hate? Because these is a known bug for almost a damn YEAR !

1 Like

Yeah ive always been advocating the badSS looking unit like how they are now but I really cant distinguish some units when clumped and how many of them, mostly ground units. Why didn’t they make gryphon white, even a stupid mobile game I have has a white headed gryphon. At this point im starting to think HD models of exactly the same design or art would have been better choice.

The problem is the management decided to release alpha build as finished game. And yes part of the problem were the whiners on the forum crying that the game is postponed. It should have been postponed even more and by 8months at least. Imagine if on blizcon 2018 was just logo, blizcon 2019 showcase at state it was, beta release this summer and full release Q3-Q4 this year with ladder, clans etc. Much less hate and refunds. You cant make a remake and release less value/features than original game had.

1 Like

I find that hard to believe. The real problem is that new-Blizzard develops Reforged at the speed of not even a small indie company, but some erotic visual novel financed via patreon and made by a single guy, possibly even slower than that.

For example the menu is based on a browser, yet there are still no profiles, yet at the same time a profile viewer exists by w3booster (which works like half of the time). How come new-Blizzard didn’t even implement a damn profile yet? It’s literally just a webpage with simple, already existing information from Blizzard servers.

6 Likes

That is true that the development is unbelievably slow but the (product) management decides when the game is ready for release. And there were loads of threads pushing blizz, like those threads saying that blizz is breaking law if the game will not be released in 2019 as preordering started year ago. Of course its not the only reason.

3 Likes

I don’t think they care about threads here at all, except some technical support. :confused:

5 Likes

The real problem is, that Activision just decided, that for the 15/25 anniversary of WoW/Warcraft, Warcraft Reforged must be released at this year. It whas not anymore, it’s done when it’s done. The other problem whas they got such a big shltstorm for Diablo Immortal, that they needed every possible person to create something showable for next Blizzcon. Because many people have already preordered already Reforged and Activision thinks RTS are dead so they could just put recources away from a product where you do not really will lose future incommings and transfer it to the project where the real money is. So for Activision it whas actually a welcomming situation, that some fans protested against bringing the campaign up to date.

The reason Reforged is hated because it was Released WAY TOO EARLY before it was completed. It was released in the pre-alpha stage. You could only play Campaign for like 8 till 10 hours and be done with the campaign and just multiplayer but without profile or ladder. If you want to play a match against a friend you have to first make a lobby then go to friends list and then could you invite them but in the main Menu you can just report them and not just invite them. Graphics are ok I dont love them but I also dont hate them. It is overpriced like you pay 30 bucks for Reforged and only 15 for Starcraft Remastered. A lot of features that were promised like revamped campaign to be more in line with Wow story was promised and even after the release still advertised on their Website.Features that were in the original Client like Ladder or custom campaign were removed for no reason at all which makes the original version better than the new version. It takes them more than half a year to announce just a SINGLE feature and we are now near the end of the year and they still have not added it into the game, while a few people managed to make a ladder that works like what 1 or 2 months after the release which is just embarassing for a big company like Blizzard. Their patches are so stupid and they arent even patches they are just fixes that should have been made in the beta. They released at least 1 balance patch. No communications from them informing us what they are doing, we get only a small patch per month like How many people work on this game. Did classic games Team just left Reforged and hired a few workers just to do some patches or is the Classic Team now the War3 Reforged team. The old client is gone so you cannot return to play Tft and I think if you dont play the game for like 3 months your wins will be deleted. You cant even change keybindings by just going into the game and changing it, you have to enter a folder where War3 was installed and change it there which is like stupid like I was wondering How couldn’t you think of a simple feature like change Keybinding in the game. And Blizzard is giving the fault of missing features that were promised back in Blizzcon 2018 like new cutscenes or new UI or new voices to us as they said “We heard feedback from players to not change the story and keep the old voice actors”. I can believe that as there were quite some who didn’t wanted changes to the campaign but still they could have had made a option choice for example like you want to play the campaign with new graphics but without the changes or you want to play the old campaign but with the new voices. If Blizzard continues like this with little to no updates this game will die in like 1 year from now because of missing features a low playerbase as a lot (including me) quitted and because there is not much to motivate you to play the game. And I forgot to mention that from now on all the custom games you create they don’t belong to you but to them.

6 Likes

Yeah as I said before. The WCR ate SCR because they got already the money for it and development whas done and Diablo ate WCR because most people already preordered and with DI let them to say, messing up D4 is way worse then not finish WCR because in Diablo are way more customers then in WC III.
If Blizzard did not brought Diablo Immortal on BlizzCon (or the people where ranting so much) Blizzard would have left the people on the Classic team working on Reforged instead rushing Diablo IV preview.

Mate, they don’t even seem to have a single full time dev working on this game. So I think the following happened some time in mid-end 2019:

Activision lead manager goes to a Reforged team meeting for the first time and listens to the report

• Hello Sir, so far we have finished most of the graphics, we still have create community modules like x and y …
  • Yes yes, what about the microtransactions?
  • Err… we have implemented an avatar and skin system but we aren’t sure if people will buy enough of them to pay the expenses of the artists, the play-
  • What do you mean there are no microtransactions?
  • Sir, the RTS genre is fundamentally fair so theoretically it doesn’t support bought bonuses, it’s also out of fashion, the player base is quite old and is not very likely to-
  • Are you kidding me? Why are we developing a game without microtransactions?
  • Sir, this is a remake of a 17 year old game, there’s no real way to shoehorn microtransactions into the game without fundamentally changing it, the outrage would be-
  • So how much are we expected to make on this garbage?
  • If we’re doing well, we might sell 100k copies, with $30 per copy tha-
  • $3 Million income at most?!
  • Yes Sir, it’s more of a communit-
  • The funding of this garbage is cut by 90% effective immediately. Redirect 80% of the remaining funds to marketing and pay the artists with the rest. This meeting is over.

… and that’s how Reforged as we know it has been born! :^)

6 Likes

Nearly. Just date back to Quartal 4 of 2018 and say that the 90% are redirected to Diablo IV so they can work on developing it with better implemented Microtransactions.

the worst thing is that if I could put DLC and micro transactions.

The vast majority of people on here, Reddit, and various discords really hate the new graphics. We may be a vocal minority, but there’s no way to know. Just looking at overall sentiment online, the graphics are pretty much hated by most.

3 Likes

Overall sentiments online do not mean much since the vast majority do not even participate in spreading their opinion about it. Like you said yourself, vocal minority.

Personally I find the graphics to be the best thing about Reforged but that’s basically where the buck stops.

1 Like

Could be, or it could just be the opinion of most people and it’s spilling over online. It would be interesting to see Blizzard’s internal numbers on how many people turn off Reforged graphics preferring original.

beware, autism lurks here

Not that we’ll ever get numbers, but I suggest something more like the ratio classic/reforged graphics per game, per mode (competitive, custom). That way power users who play several matches a day would get a better representation compared to the plain numbers, since I’d argue that a guy playing one custom map a week on reforged graphics is not as relevant as progamers (who exclusively use classic).

I’m sure they have it. Would be surprised if they didn’t track it.

Have yes, give no. If it would turn out that most matches are being played in classic, it would be a PR disaster. Which, of course, would be unprofitable, and profit is above truth.

Blizzard need to make Reforged as a DLC instead of changing my warcraft 3 into warcraft 3 reforged. over 20k people dislike the reforged game for the same reasons i do. 1. never try to update an old game. 2. if you plan on updating it, don’t just make a completely seperate game, instead of forcing everyone to be updated to reforged. when clearly people don’t want it. 3. atleast give people the option of what version they want to play. instead of forcing an update that replaces the old launcher and makes the old map maker and game unplayable , i keep getting this message when trying to load the old map maker or the game (unable to initialize ERROR 3)

Not everyone dislikes it for the exact same reasons.

2 Likes

But then you wouldn’t get tempted to buy Reforged, so you can get the cool Battle.net avatars for completing the Reforged campaign. :thinking:

1 Like