Do not like the female death knight

Game looks very good. Especially like the design and intricate detail of the campaign units.

I was very disappointed to see that a female death knight appears to be the standard death knight skin. Reading the feedback on the forum so far it would appear that most players are against this departure from the original game. I really hope a decision is made to introduce a generic male version of the death knight that players are able to select instead of the female version of the death knight. I think you could win most players over with this approach. I would advocate this approach for any hero for which there are plans to have gender based variants. It shouldn’t be left to chance whether a player ends up playing with a female or male version of a hero given that there is a strong preference to maintain the status quo.

The death knight in the original version of the game was arguably the most iconic hero in the game. I reasoned that the justification for changing the skin of the death knight to a female variant in the first place was so that the ladder version looks less like the campaign version as has been done with the paladin. However, changing the gender is a step too far removed from the original feel and aesthetic of the death knight in the original game. Note that it goes without saying that the tone of the voice is very unfamiliar and a lot less appealing.

Blizzard, please add a male generic for the DK and give players the option to choose.

Please like this post if you share my sentiment so we can get this change.

Thanks.

43 Likes

let me choose a male DK or im out

25 Likes

You’re supposed to still be able to use that skins.

If we can’t I join your complaint.

10 Likes

Blizzcon2019 and Grubby’s first undead match post the update that he streamed he assured everybody that there will be a male DK in addition to the female.
It will be random which you pull.

If we’re lucky, they may add options to opt-out of random and default to one but that we do not know.
We know there is a “Hero skin system” how exactly it works is unclear.

10 Likes

The question still is were they talking about Arthas and his variants or other named death knights or about a generic model with random names.

2 Likes

Generic model. Check Grubby’s warcraft 3 channel. He hosted the Blizzcon deep-dive with the developers and restated it on his first undead match in reforged for his stream.

Afraid you cannot get it directly-directly from the source without a virtual ticket.
You’ll need to check the various summaries of the deep-dive on youtube/wowhead/mmo champion.

1 Like

We will have to wait and see. I’m still annoyed that the 1000 win icon is going to be the female one though.

6 Likes

I can understand that and that is a legitimate complaint to have.
There should be a male DK icon option for 1000 wins.

Flipside, imagine female gamers finding this annoying for 17 years.
Any person truly for equality will not demand that equality comes at the cost of men, though with historical context a double standard is acceptable to me.

But ideally, yes, your 1k UD portrait unlocks both Male and Female DK icons.

2 Likes

Reposting from another thread.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine this because there are night elf heroes. Imagine male gamers finding it annoying for 17 years there is no male warden or priest of the moon.

Your argument makes no sense. This is about fidelity to the original, not anything else.

1 Like

Well aside from the voice (though it does seem to be all the same select/response/attack quotes) fidelity is important to them. That’s why the female Death Knight is still white haired, up on a giant zombie horse, swings a runeblade, and has a cloak/cape.

I like the female death knight.
She looks and sounds awesome!

The male death knight also looks damn good.
And so does the pre-order skin.

8 Likes

We were promised the same voice lines in multiplayer (and campaign) but multiplayer is even more important. Voice lines means voiceover as well.

1 Like

The same 10 - 20 lines on repeat are more important than the thoroughly voice acted campaign?

Yes because you hear them more often and they are integral to the game. I guess for players who never play multiplayer it doesn’t matter. But like I said for fans this is totally obvious. Regardless stick to the point. They changed voice lines in multiplayer. They said they weren’t gonna do that. It’s a done deal.

just quoting, and thankyou

Not really? If they’re so integral I don’t think Blizzard would’ve added an option to turn off unit responses.

1 faction having a majority of females and not by much. imagine this game with all genders swapped right now. Females have had the unlucky side of the teeter totter for yyyeeearrs in gaming. Just give an option to choose m/f for units. problems solved.

If they weren’t integral blizzard wouldn’t have listed that as a big point from their community feedback. “Fans want the original voice lines.” That means voice sounds too obviously. So yes really, just admit you are wrong. It’s ok, it won’t hurt you.

About your new point of “fans want the original voice lines” or “voice lines are integral to multiplayer”?