Concerns over Character Model Changes

Please keep enlightening us on how half empty the glass is, Sylvos.

1 Like

Alright, well for starters, everything looks rushedā€¦ No character design or thought out into the charactersā€¦ Just like Christie goldieā€™s novels, they work perfectly as stand alone and they are good, but not excellentā€¦
Jaina doesnā€™t have her basic shape, shoulders too bigā€¦
Lorewise alot of inconsistenciesā€¦
And so onā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s part of why Reforged is going to have differences from the original campaign. Iron things out.

Thatā€™s for another thread though.

1 Like

Hardly, they couldnā€™t even get kaels eyes right.

1 Like

Your recordā€™s broken.

1 Like

It still has the same effect and impact nonethelessā€¦

So yeah I wasnā€™t talking about the inconsistencies from wow, that was later releasedā€¦
Or their own ones
Was referring to the new ones that are being brought to the table

1 Like

I mean Kaelā€™thasā€™ eyes were inconsistent within 4 years of Frozen Throne but everything post-Warcraft 3 kind of outweighs everything else because weā€™ve had like 16 years of ā€œmodernā€ Warcraft lore in comparison to the RTS era Warcraft lore.

Portrayals included.

That inconsistency however was brought by wow, which was later released, but thatā€™s not the point thereā€¦
If we are talking about the new loreā€¦ Kaelthas was still a high elf by the start of the humans campaign which means his eyes should be blue according to wow loreā€¦ Yet he looks more like a corrupted blood elf

So again is not the original game inconsistency,
Nor an inconsistency later created by wow
But a new oneā€¦

1 Like

Which is the primary platform for a lot of the mainline, canon lore and has been since 2004.
Runner-up is novelizations and other material found in books.

I mean this is just me throwing spaghetti at the wall to see if (in the future) it sticks, but itā€™s not hard to imagine that maybe theyā€™ll put in a little bit of extra detail for transitional stuff like that. I canā€™t remember who I was speculating with on the forums, but we were both like ā€œwouldnā€™t it be neat that since Arthas has two human models for one wielding Frostmourne, his second model for the runeblade would have a much more haggard/weary faceā€.

They could always add additional models as well with it for the Reforged campaign only (since itā€™s a separate experience from the originals) where maybe Kaelā€™thasā€™ eyes turn green a lot closer (and after) he meets Illidan.

1 Like

Stopped reading there, original source is the one inconsistent, the chicken now came before the egg because chicken is mainstreamā€¦ Hahaha

Kids will always be kidsā€¦ Iā€™ll leave it there.
Sense cannot reach some people.

Hopefully one day you will grow up kid

2 Likes

Gentle reminder.

Youā€™re the one that thinks Iā€™m the one stirring up trouble. But keep posting stuff like that as if itā€™s not potentially going to throw more fuel on the fire.

All because Iā€™m just telling you that yeah, some lore is out of date now by Blizzardā€™s own decree. You know, the people that own the IP.

1 Like

Welcome to the Reforged forums

2 Likes

My biggest concern is with the Undead designs due to China censorship (Which Blizzard is highly popular there)!

It has moved. Tyrande has always had the hair she has in WoW. They always looked like they look in Reforged.

Itā€™s the same way Tolkien wrote first that Aragorn was a Hobbit. Now heā€™s the heir to the throne of Gondor. The same Aragorn? The same time period? Please.

How is that a good thing, dude? I feel an abyss between us. You unironically think the oppositely opinionated people should never talk to each other.

I cannot stress this enough - this is not how Canada operates. But maybe thatā€™s how the Levant does - for centuries, various ethno-religious groups have lived there, and peace has only been possible as long as they donā€™t speak to einanderone another.

I actually despise my countrymen with a passion, even though Iā€™m from Galicia. There is a great abyss between me and your typical Ukrainian Russophobe. Funnily enough, I am a Russophobe, but for utterly different reasons

You show that you know nothing about lore. You just know snippets, but the bigger picture is all wrong. And KingOmelette is too much of a cā€¦ Canadian, i.e., polite to set you straight.

1. Kaelā€™thas was a Blood Elf all throughout TFT.
  2. Blood Elves are a unit of political division, not of racial one. The High Elves of Theramore or Quelā€™Lithien did not follow Kaelā€™thas or his marshals, and thus remained High Elves.
  3. The Blood Elvesā€™ eye colour was the same as that of the High Elves. According to modern lore, it changed after their (15% of the survivors) travel to Outland and subjugation of demons there. On Azeroth, their eyes turned green after Kaelā€™thas had sent Grand Magister Rommath to aid them.
    3.a. I can see their explaining it anew - by admitting that their eyes had been corrupted by the necromantic energies of the Sunwell before its destruction at the hands of Kaelā€™thas and others. That will also be the working hypothesis if Blood Elves start with green eyes in their earliest depiction in the Reforged campaign.
  4. By saying ā€œcorrupted Blood Elvesā€, you seem to subscribe to the wrong idea that ā€œBlood Elves are High Elves under fel influenceā€. Wrong. Blood Elves are a [dominant] political group (90%) of the surviving High Elves.

Ukrainians actually voted to keep the USSR united. (After having voted for ā€œindependenceā€). But nobody cared. And they should have - if they were truly Soviet people. But in fact, they were all traitors.

How is it obvious? I actually seem like a Russophile to a lot of people - by saying stuff like ā€œRussia is more European than Europeā€. In certain things.

1 Like

Examples? Where did I say these things? I am actually annoyed that I have to use a VPN to check VK, but I only did it days ago once.

I actually disseminate the information on the Russian forum of GoodGame, thatā€™s how I like my Russian bros.

Stalin kept Russia as an independent state, thatā€™s correct.

1 Like

Hey once again people, can we please stop going off and talking about other subjects that quite frankly have nothing to do with what this thread is about?

Politics especiallyā€¦

Thank youā€¦

2 Likes

Indeed donā€™t bother with that guy, if omelette mental age ranges from 12 to 16
That guy adunai is probably around 11 to 14
I honestly did not even bother to read anything he said

3 Likes