Concerns over Character Model Changes

But in this case, Warcraft 3 will still be playable.

Just not with the Reforged visuals and Reforged campaign until you authenticate it again.

1 Like

Which means Warcraft 3 Reforged is unplayable. They’re not the same game even if they’re being baked into the same client.

I paid $30 for Warcraft 3 Reforged. I should be able to play it whenever the hell I want, without restrictions. I bought the damn game. It’s mine. Consumer law says so.

Uh. I mean really you’re paying for the campaigns and visuals. A Reforged purchase also comes with Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne as well, which is what you’re rolled back to if you aren’t online once a month.

If you didn’t have them prior, you’re paying $30 for those too.

I imagine if this was such a big deal to you too, you’d at least have some steps in place to make sure that you never lose access to it either if accessibility is such a pressing matter in your mind. You know. A safety net while hopefully the industry changes.

1 Like

The fact that there is no physical copy should be telling what you’re buying.

If you bought a DLC skin for a game that no longer exists, you could also consider that ‘Fraud’, but I doubt you would be able to do anything actionable considering there are certain terms of service that you need to agree upon before purchase.

If you do not agree with the terms of service, then…

Hmm, I guess you’re already doing the reasonable thing and whining on the forums. I guess I was wrong.

1 Like

Uh. I mean really you’re paying for the campaigns and visuals. A Reforged purchase also comes with Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne as well, which is what you’re rolled back to if you aren’t online once a month.

If you didn’t have them prior, you’re paying $30 for those too.

I most definitely had those prior.

I imagine if this was such a big deal to you too, you’d at least have some steps in place to make sure that you never lose access to it either if accessibility is such a pressing matter in your mind. You know. A safety net while hopefully the industry changes.

I do, actually. I plan on getting a 1TB flash drive or two in the coming weeks. I’m gonna make a backup of the current Warcraft 3 release just in case. Should have done this with Brood War but that client has already been replaced with the Remastered one; I didn’t back it up because I didn’t believe Blizzard would be this shady.

Wrong.

Digital goods are still goods. You own all rights to your copy.

1 Like

A once-a-month login to authenticate digital goods being described as shady is kind of amusing. Unnecessary? Yes. Shady? A bit dramatic.

1 Like

When it stands the risk of locking me out of playing Warcraft 3 Reforged when Blizzard decides to stop supporting it, it IS shady.

1 Like

I still think there’s better things to put Blizzard under the microscope for than something like this.

You own the rights.

Which means you have the right to play your game so long as you have access to it. It is not on them whether or not you have access to it.

I mean at this point you can even say it’s fraud because you can’t play the game when you don’t have a PC. It’s fraud because they don’t give you a PC to play it on right?

You know you can still download the pre-SCR BW, right?

No you can’t. They’re both run on the exact same client now. I already tried.

1 Like

There are other ways to download games, not just the Blizzard launcher.

Intentionally breaking your ability to play the game because they no longer want to support it when it’s a digital good is fraud.

1 Like

Have they done that?

If they haven’t then it’s not fraud. You are arguing some fictional scenario if they intentionally break your ability to play the game because they no longer want to support it, not that they have.

Your argument should be rephrased to ‘it would be fraud if’, not that it is fraud.

Stop derailing this innocent thread, go back to your own.

It ain’t no fraud, chap.

No but under this system, they easily can and I see no reason to believe they won’t at this point.

Then y’all should start replying to me over there instead of here.

But I agree, this derailment has gone on too far.

1 Like

Brood War went free to play. If you purchased Remastered and are trying to just get the base Brood War game off the client, chances are it’s not working out as you expect because you have a Remastered key tied to your account.

Yeah it’d be nice if it didn’t work like that, because now I don’t have access to the version of the game that doesn’t require the Battlenet client to run it.