[Compilation] ALL we know so far!

Are they going to remaster the RoC Gyrocopter, Steam Tank and Ballista?

And what’s about the RoC Priest? His change was somewhat lore-induced.

1 Like

Good to know| I’d love if they make a coop mode for roc and tft campaigns , I’d play it with my brother who never really got into wc3 and is attracted by reforged. It would be also good to have more stats on the multiplayer profile.

2 Likes

FYI, there already are custom campaigns that make the official campaigns co-op.

“Ray Tracing confirmed”
LOOOOOOOOOOOL, never I could imagine I’d see my favorite game be so far on graphics. Can’t wait for launch.

1 Like

Thank you for putting these together. Efforts appreciated.

2 Likes

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Warcraft_III:_Reforged
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Forum:BlizzCon_2018_questions#Warcraft_III_Reforged

will the original missions still be in or just the recut stuff?
in the new client, only the recut missions will be present. if you want the original missions and the zoo in stratholme, it’s in the sd game

in SCR, they made SC1 effectiely free to play and you could upgrade to SCR. same model in WC3?
the ultimate goal is cross-compatibility, so even if you don’t have reforged you can play with a reforged player. they’re merging the sd and hd version into the same game, so you can play with no-neck models if you want

Isn’t it a contradiction? The line between “the same game” and “different clients” looks a bit blurry. Like one country, two systems blurry.

Also, I seem to have been wrong - turning on SD will mean the old campaign, and DrSuperGood was correct.

1 Like

Post bump for noob asking pc requirements. Check up somewhere on OP

Sidenote: Confirmed Unit Uniqueness.
The team want to go beyond what we know Warcraft 3 to be, adding fresh models with slight visual differences.

“Anything that has a unique name in Warcraft is going to have a unique model associated with it,” Sousa reveals. “For instance Arthas who is the death knight will have a different; looking death knight. If you put Arthas and another death knight unit together they don’t look exactly the same. That’s going to go across to creeps and critters too, so if we have five different murlocs they’re all going to look completely different rather than having the same model repeated just tinted green or purple. That’s one thing we’re excited about is getting so much more into the game visually.”

“We did the math of every asset in the game, there’s around 4,000 assets that we’re redoing,” he says. “And then on top of that we’re redoing every unique one. Once we get our main 4,000 done then we’ll go back and maybe have another 1,000 units or things to do so there’s a lot of work but we do want to focus is on getting every asset in the game to be up-ressed and once that is done we can go back and up-res additional assets that we want to put in.”

4 Likes

On the topic of Warcraft 3: Reforged’s art tool chain, Sousa explains what exactly has changed.

“The original Warcraft 3 was done in an early version of 3D Studio Max,” he says. “I’m not even sure it was 3D Studio Max, might have been version R4 or something. We moved into Maya and had to recreate a whole new toolset to actually speak to the game and that the game actually recognises it. We found that some of our problems are coming from taking these models that were created in Max and scaled in Max and we’re bringing them to Maya to see their actual scale, which then kind of changes.”

What this meant was, the size of units and heroes in Warcraft 3 was different in 3D Studio Max and Maya, forcing the developers to rediscover how certain aspects of the game were created.

“For example, a unit is 100cm but we get into the game and it’s either too huge or too small,” he says. “The challenges we’re trying to figure out is how they did things and why they did things because it’s very inconsistent. Whoever made this model is working in a completely different world than the guy who made another model, so we’re unifying all of that.”

Read post above.

2 Likes

Well, yeah I haven’t listed every single little detail about the changes. I mean, I mentioned that they are redoing all the existing models and making 1,000 new models and that individual units will look different. But this this a just quick mashup of all changes in general, not meant to dig into every detail of why and how some of these changes are made.

Anyway, thanks for the input, I can make it a bit more clear. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sir u have failed this forsaken community.

I’m sorry you feel that way. :slight_smile:

If there is not unlimited unit selection, worker rally, shift-queuing commands, and all other quality of life features that are in SC2 I don’t see any reason to release reforged. and these features should be in all modes, not an option, there’s absolutely no reason they shouldn’t be. multiplayer ladder should be kept segregated from warcraft 3. really should have been made on the SC2 engine or risk being a disappointing failure like SC1 remastered

2 Likes

or for that matter any mode

I mean, there’s at least SOME form of argument one could make for keeping it in competitive melee matches. Not that I agree with it, but I can respect the validity of the argument.

When it comes to custom matches though, it’s all nonsense.

3 Likes

Segregation would kill WC3. Please, stop it. The only reason there is no riot is because everyone can simply ignore Reforged and merrily go their own way - if they wish so. Segregation would split the playerbase. And for what? For nothing. High risk - low reward.

4 Likes

xhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

1 Like

This thread needs a bump, preferably a pin even, because it’s so useful.

4 Likes

Beta is confirmed to begin this week. Added that little bit there.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/warcraft3/23150112/warcraft-iii-reforged-s-multiplayer-beta-begins-this-week/

Edit: Beta is already live: Twitch

Updated with new information from the Warcraft III: Reforged Update panel in BlizzCon. Gotta say that I am very disappointed!

2 Likes

No! I wanted more changed and added stuff to the orignal campaign! It’s what I wanted from this game… please add DLC content to this game that will either be free or otherwise!

2 Likes

Thank you for all that work! It’s nice to have all this info in one place!

1 Like