Cannot link old account

Thank you for the information as I thought tho I knew I’ve been active on this account before the release of reforged and not inactive as [Drakuloth] said…

Yeah, that was my bad - sorry for all the confusion thus far. The display of our backend tool was recently changed and I missed the bit where they added the account ID. Going forward I should be able to check these.

Doesnt,

Yep, yours is fine!

Cheers for answer!

hi,

I also am not able to link the classic account.
Account: uwk-sLy
Gateway: Northrend

I have always been able to log into classic battle.net - even though there have been more than 90 days in between each log-in! - So it seems like the old client just reset the counter if nobody “stole” your account by creating a new one with the same name?.
However, since reforged I cannot link it. (invalid username / password)
The account is still visible on the classic battle.net site so it should still be active somehow…:

xhttp://classic.battle.net/war3/ladder/W3XP-player-profile.aspx?Gateway=Northrend&PlayerName=uwk-sLy

Now that’s conflicting information. Where does it say I’d have to play a game?! That would mean logging in is not enough. Nowhere does it state that. And as others have mentioned, your “system” doesn’t have those simple instructions, as accounts mostly were deleted at set points in time, and often kept being active and usable even after being unused longer than 90 days.
And as I mentioned before, if that was indeed the case, any RoC-only player would intentionally be f*****d because he or she was unable to login for far longer than 90days, not due to his or her inactivity, but due to the game not being playable.
This isn’t about an emotional connection, this is about Blizz intentionally screwing over people and while I’m aware that this isn’t your fault at tech support, you still have the connections to make people aware whom it concerns.

The information, that resetting a password without an email address associated with the account is also new to me. The GM I talked with claimed that he had reset my password, and I certainly had not associated any email adress with that.

Feedback for the “system itself” is going into the general forums aplenty imho, but this is about me having logged in in december, and not being able to link my account. Suggesting my best bet would be starting fresh is another slap in the face honestly.
Well, is there an update on the “looking to see if there’s anything that can be done for these accounts”?

And how is it possible, that 2 of you claimed “vice”'s account was not recoverable and then suddenly it was already linked to his account? Does that mean you should actually check again every other account that was mentioned in here?

I’m also concerned for my account
BigMeatball (US East)
I linked and got the “thank you for supporting us, etc” message, but saw no updated stats.
When I tried to log in again, it said password was invalid. I know it was correct, because I was using that same password since 2005 for that account, making sure to never let the account expire.

I’m worried I’m going to lose my 1200+ win account.

Is there any way to tell if my account was linked correctly?

That’s normal. The UI for the imported stats is not in the game yet. So, as long as it succeeded that first time, you’re good to go. The reason it failed on subsequent attempts is that a legacy account can only be linked once, and since it already was, it errored out.

You can submit a ticket for them to check on the back end. Or, if one of the SFA’s swings back around here (not a guarantee), they can check.

Miro,

I double checked your account, yours does not fall under Vice and the others’ situations. That was a matter of me mis reading the tool, which I apologized for previously. Yours isn’t. I’m not here to argue with you about facts. I’ve provided you the only answer you will receive on your issue. I’m sorry, but this is the only answer anybody can give you. Your account is not recoverable. Any further feedback needs to go to the appropriate forum. Anything else in this thread will be deleted to keep it from getting derailed by your individual issue.

That account is linked successfully.

could you check

gateway: northrend
account: Grasfisch

i entered the information and sent it, but im not sure if it worked.

its the account i played ESL and clan leagues with, i kept it alive for over a decade. im quite emotionally attached to that account.

Linked up successfully from what I see here.

1 Like

thanks alot for checking that this fast!

man i really wish we had that kind of great communication and interaction in the beta to sort out all the issues pre-launch to make reforged hit like a bomb and not like a wet noodle.

Hey @Drakuloth, any updates on this one?

This one is not linked. Go ahead and try again. I see an email registered so let me know if you need a password reset or anything.

Cheers!

Ive been having the same problem since launch day… linked the account the first time with no confirmation it linked and then removed and reinstalled the game after realizing that my classic game was overwritten (i didnt purchase reforged) and thought i could get it back… Tried to link again and getting invalid password…
I have correct region, account name and password but no go / even had it reset before but the issue persists

any chance you can check mine also?

Account : Toasty

Thanks!

Good to go! WC3 classic account is already linked to the Blizzard account.

A post was split to a new topic: Toasty - Saved Game Progress Missing

still not working and email provider shut down years ago…

Password is right for sure - used it since some months already…

Hey Tau,

Sorry to hear about what happened with the email provider. Thanks for following up with us on this!

We are unable to directly recover accounts over the forums. If email updates are required go ahead and open a support ticket. Make sure to specify the email change is for the classic account not your Blizzard account! Be sure to also include the name and region of the Classic account in the ticket request.

Cheers!

Hey Kaldraydis,

thank you - I will do so! Can you please tell me the provider of the old email linked to may account? The rest i can remember. In the old battle.net client one was able to see the email attached to the account…

thx!