Campaign saved games will not load

I have the files and click on continue but the saved campaign files will not load.

10 Likes

Me too. I have over 21 Hours with Rexxar, and almost 500 Strength. WHY!.. WHY!!

8 Likes

Same problem here…

6 Likes

I got the same problem after patch was applied, None of my campain saves is loadable. Press continue and nothing happens. Is there a fix available or do you need to restart campain?

I took a Screenshot of loading while in game. this is what came up.
“https://imgur.com/a/SuZgT2m”
“The map file referenced by the save game is diffrent from the map file on your harddrive” if that helps?

7 Likes

Same problem here, cant load any savegame, also no rexxar save :frowning:

3 Likes

Same problem here. Cant load any Savegame :frowning_face:

2 Likes

What the hell is going on here Biz?

2 Likes

Same here. I had Rexxar campaign half through.
Jesus, what is wrong with you, blizzard?

2 Likes

same thing here.
DO YOUR JOB BLIZZ

3 Likes

• Developer’s note: Updating a map for these types of fixes invalidates prior saves. This is similar to how replays from prior game client versions no longer work. Campaign progress will not be lost.

yeah, its over

6 Likes

This one did it for me. First week I was feeling merciful and patient, hoping they’ll patch it all up. Then this first update came - and it made the game even worse, at least my game.

Not only the patch brought entirely new bugs that I didn’t have before! In addition, indeed, saved games don’t load anymore! I was going through human campaign on Hard difficulty, having made some cool savegames at epic mission moments (in the March of the Scourge mission for example). All saves gone now.

Indeed, the moment I saw saves don’t load anymore, Rexxar’s campaign, not having played it yet, immediately came to my mind. I’m not going to take the risk of playing several days and beefing my heroes up and making cool saves here and there, then later (after another patch) see that I can’t load those savegames ever again!

Now I’m done with WC3R. At least refund seemed to work. Thanks for enabling that for us, at least!

4 Likes

This is unfortenately how the gaming industry have become. No care for the gamer only profit. Blizzard, im an old dude and have played your games since Diablo. I always held you in high regard when other gaming companies fell from grace. But now the lack of care for your customers are astounding. Hopefully all these refounds and bad press will force you and others like you to understand that releasing broken games is not viable.

2 Likes

Well played, my friend Rexxar. Our journey is over so early.

3 Likes

Campaign progress will not be lost.

…unless you play the bonus campaign, in which case - sucks to be you. Just incredible. I’ve tried to stay positive on this one, but they really just want the fans to move on to another series.

I’ve been playing They Are Billions, if anyone is looking for a new RTS. Or AOE 2: Definitive Edition. Another good buy.

2 Likes

Howdy!

The reasoning behind this issue is in our Patch Notes located Here. This does mean you will need to load the mission from the start and resave it if you need too.

Thanks.

@zuvykree; a game should be designed such way, that pre-patch saves can still be loaded. Heck, even in Starcraft 2 one can load savegames made in an older version of the game AND continue a campaign from there. Such loading in SC2 requires disconnecting, is slow and all, but is a fully functional feature. Why couldn’t WC3R be done in a similar way; let a player continue his unfinished mission (say for example, Founding of Durotar Act II), then the patch kicks in when he goes onto the next mission (or just onto a new smaller map, dungeon or something, within the current mission!), enjoying fixes from there on but without having to start anything over?

Dev team should have noted the obvious: WC3 includes one campaign, that of Rexxar’s, in which single “missions” (Acts I & II basically) can take a whole day to play through, meaning that suddenly dropping a patch which eliminates mid-mission saves while countless players are currently playing through Rexxar’s campaign is outright brutal. Now damage is done, many people being rightfully upset over their lost playtime in Rexxar’s superlong missions.

Another approach would have been necessary. Ideally make the game architecture so, that pre-patch saves can be loaded, and campaign carrying on in its updated state after current mission completion. Not ideal but as bare minimum, players should have been warned a few days beforehand of an incoming update which KILLS YOUR SAVEGAMES!!, so that everyone would know to complete their unfinished missions.

4 Likes

Howdy!

Please note that the campaign progress wasn’t touched here. Only the saved games if you were in the middle of a mission and saved it. After today’s patch, you would need to restart that single mission, not the complete campaign. StarCraft II had it’s own load of issues over the years with loading past content. Though frustrating, the focus of the change was needed to fix a bug. Our developers certainly try their best not to impact saved data.

If you have feedback for this please post on our General forums. I’m going to close this thread as it was answered fully. Again feedback should go to the General forums not here.

Thanks!

2 Likes