Can't load my saved games for campaign

So here is my error msg:

“The map file referenced by the saved game is different from the map file on your hard drive”

1 Like

Same issue. What the heck guys?

2 Likes

You’re definitely not alone. Going through this as well

2 Likes

This is not a bug, unfortunately the patch simply destroyed ALL previously made savegames for everyone. That’s how it “works” with Reforged apparently. See discussion here:

This was told in the patch notes, but given how many people seem to think it’s a bug, maybe Blizzard should have made it more clear - or preferably warn us beforehand that the incoming patch will kill all savegames.

I lost an entire campaign of progress. I had completed the Human campaign on hard and was on the second to last mission of the Undead Campaign, also on hard. Now, after patching, it has put me right at the beginning of the Human campaign with the Undead campaign being completely locked. Has nothing to do with saves, here. At least for me :-1:

@Ozonic, well I got to see your “thank you mate” message before things took a turn to worse and you withdrew it. Sorry to hear about your campaign progress loss, it sucks. Ironically the patch note, while telling how the patch invalidates existing saves, also reassures that this will NOT eliminate actual campaign progress. Well, looking through various forums, it actually did eliminate campaign progress for quite many people! So you’re not alone in this either…

Myself, for a week I tried to stay positive and optimistic despite all issues in WC3R, but this thing, savegames can go without warning and even campaign progress could be lost anytime, was a final nail in the coffin when it came to my WC3R journey.

1 Like

Thank you for shedding light on the issue, though. I hadn’t see that bit in the patch notes when I had read through them yesterday. I too have been trying to stay positive about the game and it’s release. I ignored all negative reviews and started playing the campaigns the day after it came out because I loved the original and I got the Spoils of War edition as well. The game looks amazing and honestly preformed fine for the time being. I went through the prologue Horde campaign on hard, completed the Human campaign on hard and decided to take a break on the Undead campaign’s Blackrock & Roll, Too! mission because it’s quite difficult on hard. I come back a week later and over half of the progress is lost and after the newest update I might add. I don’t blame you for feeling that way, this has just about put the final nail in the coffin for me. Take care my friend!