Bring back Patch 1.31. Now

1.32 is 1.31 plus one. Why be you, when you can be new? Get inspired. Reforge yourself.

Seriously though, 1.32 is everything 1.31 has plus more. They just tacked on more code. If you need the old menu, then use that Russian program that ejects out of the webpage mode to the old menu.

When I tried it, it was:

1. Put Russian exe in reforged install dir
  2. Launch Russian exe
  3. See battlenet login webpage menu mode
  4. Press play offline but nothing happens
  5. Press space bar ten times

And then it ejects to the old menu with the 3D background screen but it has a new 3D model made for Reforged and the old menu is updated to have widescreen support (unlike 1.31 which just showed black on the sides).

Everything is the same except the Battle.net button does not work if you click it, and the Single Player menu’s “Custom Game” button was renamed to “Custom” or something like that. It was like they started on it but changed their mind to make the new one.

1.31.1 is less Harddrive blocked
Still old voice available
Custom Campaigns possible
After battle screen detailed with every faction exactly explaining how good it whas in each field
No Online DRM.

2 Likes

No.

Except custom campaigns and a striking lack of online DRM.

And removed features the game previously had, like the custom campaigns.

Is this what cognitive dissonance looks like? It’s not about the old menu, it’s about the features that were removed in what is CLEARLY a forced downgrade for existing users. A downgrade that happens to be so heavily DRM’d that the game I paid for will be unplayable in 10 years because there won’t be any authentication servers for it.

We were sold an incomplete product they clearly have no intention of finishing. Accept it and let go of your Blizzard fanboydom.

Clearly everything is NOT the same.

Please do not come into a thread that is asking for the previous version of the game, and mindlessly defend the current version. It makes you look stupid.

4 Likes

Can you apologists stop lying already? 1.32 (Reforged) doesn’t give anything. It just takes good things away. 1.31 (and lower) is still the original Warcraft that doesn’t need constant internet access, doesn’t need BNET, doesn’t have 20 gb bloatware, has Custom Campaigns, has an actual RoC client along with it’s balancing and models, has old good menus, etc. That’s on top of the fact, that these older patches have vastly better performance.

4 Likes

Stay fair. Only because of the preparation of reforged we got native wide-screen and don’t forget the 250ms hardcoded ping that everyone had. Also mapchanges, balance changes, loottable changes.

Still don’t need it

Fun how you write stuff like this and then proceeds to write lies :smiley:

Except wide-screen support came with patch 1.29 (or 1.30). Although, even older patches can be played just fine on wide screens, as I did for a long time.

For internet access, just as the guys says here Warcraft 3 TFT offline mode - #8 by Leviathan-1945
Please do NOT require us to always be online for this!

Apparently, you do need internet access.

As for ping, how come there are so many threads here complaining about Reforged ping. Seems like whatever ping was back in original, it was better than Reforged :grin:

mapchanges, loottable changes.

What map changes? What lootables?

balance changes

Ah yes balance changes. You mean the ones that people have been complaining about for so long now? You mean TFT balancing in RoC campaign?

Yup, keep trying to be disingenuous and defend this trainwreck.

3 Likes

Wrong. Old “widescreen support” only stretched the textures wich looked and felt awfully bad.
Best we could go was the middle picture here
www . readmore .de/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/4122.jpg
Since when are you playing for not knowing this if I may ask?

No. People complained about some games being unplayable bad but it is good since months now. You had 250+your own ping in every game back then. Today Grubby (NL) played against Insub (CA) with a 60ish ping (on both ends) and ~20 in EU. Unthinkable back then.

The “LV” versions of some maps and new maps?

The loot table is telling creep camps what item is allowed to drop and it got changed twice since 1.29

People always complained about balance and it will never stop. But if you ask anyone better than a 20% Win rate player, the current balance is the best we ever had with more variety for every race

Big words for someone seemingly not having a clue of WC3.

I didn’t defend anything but only tried to show you what was wrong witch YOUR statement, that Reforged didn’t add anything good, wich is obviously false. I never said that the current state is superb…

If you think being rational and fair is something bad, please go ahead and insult me more.
Trust me, I don’t give a damn about insults from people arguing like Trump

Edit: Oh, I forgot about this

Still wrong. Sorry. IIRC even in Beta this was possible
I made a Video only for you

1 Like

You need internet access every thirty days just to play offline. That’s still too much internet being required just to play the damn thing.

2 Likes

30days = always on. Got ya

Wrong, people still today suffer from horrible pings in custom games and even Grubby mentioned that recently (1-2 weeks ago). He played a game in W3Champions against some other EU player and both got 200+ms ping.
And I experience this myself at least in ~25% of my games I host because a wrong (far away) server was chosen by the system.
Tbh I’m fed up with how Blizzard treats WC3.

2 Likes

I should have said “better”. You are right. But I also said:

Wich doesn’t make it wrong since the guy I commented to was saying that Prereforgeds ping of 250+ (in every game) was better than now.

Where are you from? I can’t confirm the number tbh. I mostly play custom games too and had only ping issues in the first some weeks of Reforged but not since ages. Hopefully it will get fixed for ya

Oh frak off if you’re going to just misconstrue everything I say simply because you disagree with it.

Any sort of re-authentication is unacceptable. Games as a service is unacceptable.

3 Likes

That is ridiculous considering that it applies to the whole game, Reforged or not. At least with Starcraft Remastered they only required that for remastered features like the HD models, you know actual new stuff that you had to pay for. But here they effectively added an online connection requirement for a game that didn’t have it (for versions 1.32 and higher).

I know that Warcraft 3’s base game didn’t go free like with Starcraft, but why should you have to re-authenticate at all just to play single player or LAN on a game from 2003? Shouldn’t a registered CD key and possibly a one-time authentication when you install it be enough for that? Otherwise keep the authentication for updates and online play only.

Of course you could always play a version older than 1.32 for single player or LAN.

1 Like

Which is exactly what we want but Blizzard refuses to provide.

3 Likes

I mean there not even anymore stand alone patches for anything beyond 1.27b

1 Like

1.27b is a good version and one I still use, because it’s practically the same as the last original version (1.26), but with some compatibility updates for modern systems. Classic Warcraft III --- Official Installers - Official Patches

But I know many people want a later non-reforged version than that such as for actual widescreen support or 24 players/colors. You can actually install a backup copy of such a version, but you may have to delete Reforged and block it from automatically updating to Reforged. There’s a link from that thread on how to do it for v1.31.1: _Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files | HIVE

1 Like

Yeah sadly this is only in English, or better said I do not get to work it starting in my native language german. This is why I still head desk myself.

You type pretty good English for someone who’s not a native speaker, if that helps any.

Hell you type better English than most native speakers I know.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. On my last chat with two repourters from Ireland in a coffee house in vienna they wanted to know where my english teacher is from and one said he wished he could one day speak as good german as I speak english. I talked to them originally because their english sounded so awesome like the one from my teacher back then so I whas curious where they are from.

Anyway back to topic I did it. I got it to work with not following the instruction of doing a clean install. So right now it is working beside Reforged and I even got the german language back. Now I can go to bed in peace.

Oh ok, so you don’t need to delete Reforged. It could be Reforged that defaulted your language to German, but the tutorial in the link did say that “the game might launch using the language of your operating system”.

1 Like