Bring back Patch 1.31. Now

^ Title. I’m sick and tired of being stuck with outdated patches that don’t run properly on Windows 10 and this DRM’d-and-broken-to-high-hell monstrosity called Warcraft 3 Reforged.

If you can’t fix your damn game, Blizzard, then give us back the version that actually works.

39 Likes

I think they’re too delusional to even realize the old version is better than this crap so don’t expect them to even move a finger if it means breaking their little bubble.

28 Likes

1.27 best version

17 Likes

1.31 was ok. Reforged suxx.

6 Likes

+10000
reforged sux
give us back 1.31

8 Likes

1.31 seems like the best version of classic. But I highly doubt they’d do that as it would mean killing all crossplay with reforged. And I don’t think they can simply run reforged graphics in 1.31 as a bunch of engine updates were required. They can’t really downgrade reforged graphics without refunding EVERYONE who paid for it which they won’t do. They really tied their hands here.

Letting 1.31 work again would be a 2nd version of the game with no reforged crossplay, and they’d need a separate set of servers for it, it would be less economical. But it would be the least bad option at this point for players.

3 Likes

Revert to 1.27

4 Likes

Bye the way, i have to bought a physical copy of W3 + TFT in order to have the originals french voices. (they replaced them with the terrible new ones)
Which old patch should i download for a solo play?

3 Likes

I’d go with 1.31 personally, but 1.27 works too, just remember to block the executable from accessing the internet in the firewall so you can’t even accidentally update it.

3 Likes

The only issue is ping and lag.

The game is fine we need new balance changes from this stale meta.

1 Like

1.31 then, thank you.

2 Likes

As a few others have said I like 1.27, at least for single player where map size limits aren’t of concern. It’s the most “pure” version since the classic team started updating the game and therefore has the least amount of changes and bugs. Notably it’s before the data migration of 1.28 which changed the locations of game files, and it doesn’t auto update to Reforged like 1.31 did for so many people. But sure, 1.31 has its own advantages and is still much better than Reforged as long as you block it from updating.

As for 1.31 or a classic version of the game needing its own servers and not having crossplay, I was hoping from the start that classic players (or people opting not to use Reforged features) would have minimal to no disruption of their game client, engine and system requirements, and still be able to crossplay with Reforged players. I do think this is technically feasible. Features that aren’t yet available in Reforged can just be disabled in Reforged, or if necessary on battle.net as a whole, but at least classic players would still have these feature in single player and LAN as they always have.

More specifically, classic players shouldn’t have had to download the Reforged client which changed their UI, stripped them of features, added bugs, and made them download 30GB or so data of Reforged models and graphics that they can’t use. Just like with texture packs or mods (or UI mods for that matter), it’s technically feasible for only the players using them to have them installed, and still be able to play with other players who will just see the default or older models. Same goes for the game engine; if it has to be updated, do it in a way that won’t affect system requirements or cause bugs for classic players.

Otherwise, maybe having completely separate versions of the game would’ve been better. At least until they fix up Reforged and bring back all the features that were present in classic.

1 Like

I like Reforged.
It’s great.
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Which old patch should i download for a solo play?

Depends.
If you want all the 3rd party tools to work (Model Editor, WEX, etc.), as well as old, good MPQ data files, and other - choose 1.27.

If you want the later wide-screen support, all the new JASS functions, etc., then go for 1.30.4 or 1.31 (personally suggest former).

Note: if you go for anything above 1.29, DO NOT click on battlenet in Main Menu. Also, do not run the Launcher.exe. Instead, always run from Warcraft III.exe. Also, I would recommend having entire warcraft game folder saved as backup in archive. Just in case you mess up.

Further note: if you just want solo play, you may as well block Warcraft III.exe and Launcher.exe in Windows Firewall altogether.

2 Likes

Ehm… Custom Campaigns? Ladder? Terrible, unfitting, glitchy and poorly optimised new graphics? No actual original client? No original multiplayer chat? No real offline play?

Even talking about lag - the game runs a web-app main menu and has no region toggle option, so the terrible performance is expected. Crossplay between classic and reforged modes also seem to cause performance issues.

These are all problems present from launch, and they are so massive, that even pro-players are playing on Classic Mode :smiley: :smiley: Way to downplay the issue.

4 Likes

I run a separate installation from my original retail CDs that I have patched up to 1.27b. It works perfectly for solo play. I just can’t connect to Battle.net anymore. Still, its a much better way to experience the campaign and play solo matches against the AI.

2 Likes

1.30.4 is better and no missing inventory bugs

2 Likes

i bought the original warcraft 3 along with the frozen throne and ever since this reforged crap came out i stopped playing warcraft 3 because i have to update the launcher to the stupid retarded reforged launcher what a let down :frowning:

1 Like

To everyone saying “Use 1.27” – I am using 1.27. It sucks. I want 1.31 instead for the native widescreen support and extra team colors… and less washed-out, properly functioning cinematics.

3 Likes

The balance changes were awful and broke the competitive balance.