Bad ping for EU players since last Tuesday

Hey,
Since last Tuesday many EU players are complaining about high ping games vs other EU players. This had never happened before last Tuesday.

Is something going on?

7 Likes

Hey there setcho! Let’s go ahead and have you run a WinMTR network test while the problem occurs in-game so that we can further investigate potential network-related issues between your computer and the game server. Here are the instructions:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. Enter the game IP into the “host” field. The IP address for our games are listed on the WinMTR instructions page
  3. Start the test and play the game for at least 15 minutes. Ensure the problem happens while the WinMTR tool is running.
  4. After recording the problem data, click “export text” and save the WinMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the WinMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

Dear developers, I just want to play Warcraft 3. Please fix your servers, it is not okay to have 300 ping every single game.

9 Likes

whats this help you copied it or what ? he said many players also streamers like grubby tod and so on have ping problems so this make 0 sense

4 Likes

Hi,

This is not an issue affecting just one user, its affecting many users - so asking them to run basic checks doesn’t help.

It seems likely that EU vs EU matches are being hosted on US servers for some reason.

3 Likes

I have maybe 1 out of 10 games where I have a high ping (200-220ms) which looks like I’m hosted by US instead of EU server.

I don’t believe it’s ‘almost every game’ as some here describe but it happens often enough to be noticeable. I insta quit when I see my in-game ping is >= 200~ ms

Please look at your servers as to why this is happening, this isn’t an isolated case! How can we go from 20ms ping to 200+ constantly?

Confirmed, the ping is not as good as used to be :frowning:

come on, Blizz…

we at least need stable servers

The problem is that once again a sub-optimal host location gets picked when two players meet. If both players are from Europe, their game sometimes gets hosted by a US host. This was fixed, but apparently some changes that have recently been made brought back this issue. Fixing it should be priority number 1 of the team.

I also had a game on US server yesterday. Oppo was European as well. It was just one game, but i want to mention it.

He is reporting on behalf of the community. Everyone is having it. It is not his computer, it is you unless everyone his ISP in EU suddenly started to drop the ball. Can you please run your own instruction by the Blizzard servers or something?

Please do read before copy pasting an answer.

Please, don’t ignore us

1 Like

Been getting this a lot. Please fix it it was working fine until recently and now the majority of games are on high ping & unplayable.

3 Likes

sometimes unplayable ping, fix pls

Hey everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report these latency issues, as I certainly understand how irritating technical issues can be when you simply want to enjoy your gaming time. Based on the reports, it seems the underlying problem could indeed be isolated to the path your connections are taking to the WarCraft 3: Reforged game servers. In order to investigate this further, we’ll need WinMTR network tests. To provide a WinMTR network test, please follow the instructions below:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. Enter the game IP into the “host” field. The IP address for our games are listed on the WinMTR instructions page
  3. Start the test and play the game for at least 15 minutes. Ensure the problem happens while the WinMTR tool is running.
  4. After recording the problem data, click “export text” and save the WinMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the WinMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

1 Like

Are you kidding us?

• YOU ARE BLIZZARD
  • YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE GAME STAYBLE

NOT THE COMMUNITY!
FIX YOUR GAME

9 Likes

Based on the reports, it seems the underlying problem could indeed be isolated to the path your connections are taking to the WarCraft 3: Reforged game servers. In order to investigate this further, we’ll need WinMTR network tests.

You want the entire EU player base to do this, rather than figure out what changed at Blizzard his side last Tuesday? How mental are you?

Read his report:

Since last Tuesday many EU players are complaining about high ping games vs other EU players. This had never happened before last Tuesday.

I’d emphasise the whole post as this clearly shows how it is not him: it is literally a host of players on EU reporting this problem which suddently started Tuesday. How you can draw the conclusion it may be wrong connectivity at his end is beyond me. For all we know he does not even play, he just relays the issue to you so it can be solved.

10 Likes

+1 on quick fix please

1 Like

blizzard responses getting more and more outrageous. they just say f*** you we dont care in other words

1 Like