1.31.1 Patch Notes

they will likely fix all issues before going live with it. a new editor however is unlikely but, addition functions is being added to the old one.

yea, sorry. When I meant new I didn’t mean a brand new program, but retooling the existing one that has worked so well.

I think helping map editors debug their maps should be a big priority. The desync issue, though, like I said, seems to exist independently of that. It isn’t just new maps that haven’t properly been coded, it is happening w/ old maps that never used to desync.

1. I can confirm that the Trigger editor is almost unusable due to extensive lag. It also crashes after you try to access it through the Object Manager (F11).
    (System: Intel Core i5-8265, Windows 10 Home, 16 GB RAM.)

2. Menus are still lacking shortcuts, which I have complained about for at least a year. The shortcuts work, they are just not listed.

Flipping through the folders with triggers in one of the map, I noticed this. In my map, so far this is all right. By the way, the same problem is observed in Starcraft2 but there it is already clinically - I didn’t think that such a speed is an ehto bug. Yes, where some folders with triggers for a very long time opens - this never happened!

I want to mark the maps created in the new version of the editor are still not uploaded to Epic War

ESTO said: [!

I am maintaining the 6.85ne DotA map for the BattleNet community (fixed 20+ bugs and added some useful features). The last 1.31 patch now caues all DotA maps (even earlier versions which I didn’t touch) to crash the game when certain hero (currently 2 are 100% confirmed) abilities are used. The 1.31.1 patch didn’t fix it all.
I won’t go into details how mad I am …

I am the original creator of dota (eul)

As I understand it, you are editing war3map.j

but you do not have the original scripts - for this you should understand that this will not work any further as long as you probably do not have war3map. WTS, WTG Which I have

on this the method that you created will lead to further collapse!

A huge number of varieties of modifications to my pillbox also create certain troubles for players since there is no clear idea of which version is the latest newer and so on. For example, there is version 6.85 from [iCCup — Ladder, low ping, full statistic]). Here I emphasize mandatory change log. Also, many people forget that a localization department was created for the pillbox and in each version the localization file from war3map was extracted and replaced with MPQ Master, for example, in slk, which made the same version compatible in different languages. But now in the community, as in DotA itself, chaos is happening as everyone creates a version of DotA in their own language - completely forgetting that I or a player are completely from another country and I have a different language. The authors also do not interact and do not cooperate with each other. You need to understand that this is not an official version and it will never work correctly. And you need to understand that Blizzard constantly conjure what development was very complicated became almost impossible. I am a developer of other cards and, as I have previously written and stated, I cannot, in principle, continue to create them as the tool has changed many times!

This is not the official version of the pillbox and you need to understand that it will not work correctly!

And then I’m not very happy that my DotA is edited by personalities such as including Icefrog or Valve with Guinsso, at least I had at least some kind of agreement and positive relationship. But probably Guinsso is the one who is guilty of this that the source of my pillbox alsstars fell into the wrong hands to Valve fraudsters headed by IceFroge. At least I know for sure that something happened in AllSTars while the co-author was involved in the development of my pillbox, and it was then that IceFroge was formed, I understand that he stole or fraudulently got the source pillars from the AllSTars archive.

I’m not going to update DotA before. Yes, and there’s no particular interest, it has lost, or so let’s say its landscape, I’m just tired of it. That’s why I started developing WoW Dota in due time and some steps were taken and taken in that direction (I created and did everything cool on the Starcraft2 engine - but after Blizzard, they did the same with StarCraft in the previous patch and as a result you know this - all names are mixed up, all descriptions are mixed, all scripts are mixed up, or something is revealed in this hodgepodge - is it possible? Even if you need to not forget about the time I invested about how many years I worked and worked for Blizzard without leaving out of the house like normal guys and cone m result of how I was robbed Valve. And now Blizzard or Valve takes my DotA as it monitors its own property or makes it sell game items - in other words, it monopolizes and I don’t understand how it differs from banal theft and violation of my rights. Not to mention the fact that icefroge is a banal thief who just stole the source code of my AllStars dota and need to know what Frog destroyed AllStars!) But also stopped after manipulating Blizzard with the code, as I was just tired of copying it to the new version every time after Alchemy Blizzard .

And you have to understand that you’ll be tired of doing the same thing, only your work will be complicated by the fact that you have predestined to rewrite the whole war3map.j - which is practically impossible for me to do this!

Those changes that I wanted and proposed in 2009 took place only now, besides at that time they already existed in the Jass NEWGEN Pack - this editor is even better than the one now from Blizzard. Just look how many years have passed. For 10 years I sat and waited for Blizzard to hear me - but it was an urgent need to fix it then in 2009-2011, but not now. Regarding Reforget, I don’t even know what kind of mutation it is, but ask for a price for purulent 128-128. 256-256 landscape of the soil without shaders that have not even bothered to fix since the release of 2003 (which is clearly evident in the video of the announcement) - I think this is a perversion!

And the main fact that angered me is that I received fantastic money for what I invented and invented the MOBA genre by creating Dota, this is not so, because I didn’t receive any money at all for all the time I developed This project but all glory. Blizzard received awards and money with Valve - I think you now see how things really are, how these companies take the ideas of their fans, the Creator of the Worlds, brazenly accept them and create on the basis of or add to their games like Heroes of Storm (about which I hear a lot of negativity and even from the players themselves. In fact, playing this game is very inconvenient. These developers do not understand this in MOBA … And, of course, the game that I created more than 10 years ago, exceeds the quality of the existing MOBA) they subsequently sell these ideas, monopolizing them, and if Starcraft2 solves this problem in some way or at least solves it they did monetization and allowed other players to sell their cards in the Game store, then with Dota it was a complete failure … Many believe that I work in Blizzard. No, this is absolutely not the case. I’m an ordinary person who created DotA based on the World Edit map editor shipped with the Warcraft 3 disc, which I bought, of course, for money. , I have never received any awards or prizes, although I was the best and far from famous player (changing my nickname more than once). And none of these companies even tried to contact me.

4 Likes

To the person who claims to be the maker of Dota (eul), for many… many years a lot of people were able to edit maps without WE files and still can, especially if you dissect the map with W3X2LNI and have all the abilities and such as .ini text file to edit.

Also… you can directly work with .j file and have 0 issues.

Just came here to say that, without a wall of text, also, there have been so many “editors” with Open-Source DotA that you can lose count, so I doubt that should be an argument at all.

Cheers.

2 Likes

I checked and i don’t think u are correct. cause opening WC3 shortcut or without the shortcut or the parameters will open 1.29 anyway not 1.31 even if u have the game updated. only wc3 launcher opens 1.31 atm. and yes i also have the mouse problem. and it only works fine if i open 1.29 not 1.31.

i can only run version 1.31.

Dear Pete,
STOP LEAVING US IN THE DARK
This forums are being moderated, but they are abandoned by Blizzard’s Community Managers. Prove me wrong.

Ever since this update, anytime I play RoC or TFT, after 10-15 mins of gameplay, my keyboard simply stops working. The game, everything, my mouse, work perfectly fine. Just the keyboard. Only happens in Warcraft 3. Happens when I play on battle.net, campaign, single player. I tried to find a solution everywhere, but didn’t find any.

Anyone had anything similar and might help me figure out? Only way I can resolve this is to hardreset my laptop and everything is ok. But it’s frustrating when you’re playing online and can’t chat or use abilities without mouse clicking them.

that is a problem in starcraft 2 as well actually.

no updates in two months x.x gg

6 Likes

Still waiting on the CL buff

DK nerf or change and DL buff to make him a possible first pick other than ghouls.

Maybe undead need a movespeed upgrade in tech or that they need higher base movespeeds.

they could make the death knight an agility hero.

Hi, i have a very big problem with the latest patch, not only was support for my resolution removed, but my refresh rate is also locked at 75 and it’s causing some issues. Anyone know how to fix this? I tried changing the refresh rate in register edit ,but to no avail … need help

if it is a desktop, you can get a new monitor, that would fix the problem.

So after playing all my games with random in predominantly 1on1 and slightly more moderate 2on2 games; please, please consider the following for the next patch:

• Rework MK clap. There is nothing worth applauding (clapping, get it? :D) about lowlife bobcun ts smashing clap while stuck in an army and winning up to players twice the actual skill.
  • Rework the fact that Nelf can mass fairy dragons against UD. Or make death knight fly on his goat or something. At least then both races have something that makes no turd sense at all.
  • Rework the 2on2 mappool. This was designed the same way Trey and Mat designed snookie in south park; as an abomination, cringe worthy and volunteering to be punched in the face.
  • Rethink balance for other scenario’s than 1on1; in 2on2 some strats are totally skewed in skill to win ratio beyond believe. Pretty much anything that includes pala rifle, tc hh, kotg + random production all fares. It brings out the attitude of teenagers bragging about their 3 inch dongs as actually something competent despite not ever having achieved boob.
  • seems every HU mirror now is a knight fiesta or a one sided funeral. To the death!
  • get rid of the wordfilter on this forum. Grow up, your audience is on average 35 years old. If their PC can’t handle reality add a filter in the menu for someone to enable/disable to fit their generating mind. Or at least script it in a way it provides all issues in 1 go, instead of proving 12 times a message for 1 word.

edit;
and smurf accounts. Legions of them. There are less protesters in HK than smurfs. Somehow 50% of the bnet population persists of people claiming “to not have played in 15 years, this is my only account” and manage to go 20 - 0 despite not knowing any changes in balance, meta, or maps. BS I tell you, BS.

Still no ROC ?

this game is dead without ROC

HEY MAN

Can we get new colors / teamcolors for reforged ?
Because all these new colors are fking disgusting, except for black and white of course, the purple is also pretty cool but the rest of them look fcking disgusting. There is a lime-green-neon-poison-yellow-green, nobody knows the actual name of that color and that makes it actually sorta hard to communicate in teamgames sometimes, but honestly, most of the new colors look fcking disgusting. Please make more colors like azurblue and bloodred.

Oh and dark green, brown and the other dark green are pretty hard to see on the map, maybe these colors need a change aswell.

1 Like

i rarely played reign of chaos after i got the frozen throne. i am primarily a map developer after all and the frozen throne added new customisation options.

Can you please consider making it so that the banshee’s anti-magic ability dispels negative buffs when it is cast? This would make banshees more useful (which aren’t used very much), stick with the theme of the ability, and give UD more variety for dispel. I’m sure everyone would like to see a few more banshees and a few less destroyers in the game. Mass destroyers every game is a bit boring; but lack of alternative dispel limits the options of UD.

On the topic of casters, necromancers, witch doctors, and shamen are rarely used. Personally, I’m of the opinion that necromancers are actually quite strong now, but it would be nice if cripple could be auto-cast, similar to slow. For witch doctors and shamen, maybe make the building less expensive, reduce the unit costs, or reduce the mana cost of sentry ward (to make even getting a few witch doctors for sentry more viable).

We never see druids of the talon anymore. They used to be used in 1 match-up (vs orc) but now that is gone. Since they aren’t used anymore, perhaps it is time to consider lowering the cost (perhaps to 145 from 155 gold).

Dragonhawk riders never see play. They could use some buffs (less gold or more dps). Also, please consider removing the requirement for arcane vault for dragonhawk riders; protecting the arcane vault while going dragonhawk riders is extremely difficult.

1 Like

The AI is broken. Heroes don’t use their skills at all. Can’t believe it is still not fixed.

1 Like