1.31.1 Patch Notes

I agree. It’s been so long. How can they let it go like this for so long.

1 Like

War3mod.mpq needs to work again. As it is all conventional mods are broken as a result. It’s really stupid.

In terms of colors, I think Monochrome is referring to Mint. I like that one, but the most ridiculously easy to conflate are Turquoise and Teal. Turquoise should be changed to Dark Teal and if another color is introduced, it should be Dark Orange.

1 Like

being able to create mods from my project would be very useful. i can wait however. i need to finish my projects anyway.

How do I add custom maps?

You place your Maps into “users\username\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps” a subfolder of that.

I’ve played WC3 1.30 and 1.31 on both Windows 7 as well as on Windows 10 but the game does not work properly unless I create a shortcut of the .exe file and add -graphicsapi Direct3D9 into shortcut target properties. Here is a list of issues that should be addressed for the next update:

1. WC3 worked fine for every update 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 until 1.31 came out in June and I was forced to use a shortcut and add -graphicsapi Direct3D9 to the target box in properties otherwise the game would crash. After every game I play now I have to open task manager to force WC3 to close because it won’t go back to Bnet lobby after a game ends.

2. MyMGN created a reconnection tool called GProxy DLL on their website that supported wc3 up to 1.29.2 Even though I didn’t disconnect very often GProxy reconnected me automatically to the online game that I disconnected from, until my internet connection was restored, up to 5 minutes later.

3. You should allow major clans like Clan ENT to register an official Hosting service similar to bots that would allow them to record stats of individual players for ranked games like Dota and Legion TD Mega for competitive gaming and also IP ban abusers and map hackers. Clan ENT has records of gaming stats and bans on their website. Clan VFG was also a major Vampirism Fire community that had official stats that were lost after bots were removed.

4. Bots had customized commands so players could view stats of themselves and other players and Administrators also had special commands for maintaining their servers and banning players who deserved to be. The commands you can use nowadays on 1.31.1 hosted games are very limited. Without bots you have given the game over to wild west style of play where map hackers, abusers and cheaters flourish without any repercussions. You can’t even kick a player out of a game if they are ruining the game. Although players from Clan VFG still hosts Vampirism Fire games and have a command where if you type -kick blue, for example, players can type -yes and that player can be kicked out. Now map developers have to customize kick commands in their maps to boot players instead of being able to use !votekick command like in bots.

1 Like

not all players is having trouble running warcraft 3. i have no issues on any of my systems which is everything from windows 7 to windows 10(except the early version of 8 but, i have 8.1). i have fairly good hardware in them though.

Pete the undead AI is broken on the friends map the proximity of the gold mine confuses the ai

1 Like

Please fix the crash on Mac! It’s been several months.

in the mean time: you can install windows and dualboot.

Please fix AI can’t use abilities bug. I want to practice vs AI and just can’t. AI was working fine for more than a decade and now it’s broken by one of these “patches”, what a shame!

2 Likes

i suppose it would help to fix the ai for the professional players but, i am having trouble even on easy. as a result: i do not care.

Don’t use AI at all. This is for novice players who want to practice vs AI.

it increases their chances of winning. i have never won against the ai alone. the ai is simply too good for one player to handle at lower levels. me and another player had to team up to defeat the ai on easy.

Blizzard, months has passed and you have still nto fixed the Freezing Bug and you have not even tell anything about it, no answer or explanation. The community is tired of this bug and your silence.

Fix it or at least say why are you destroying custom games!!

1 Like

Where is API documentation for Lua (Warcraft-specific)?

1 Like

Although I am happy that other people are enjoying the patch, for me it is the other way around.

This whole new patch has been buggy for me. The first thing I noticed was random missing textures and icons every time I load a single player level. The affected icons are randomized. When affected, the icons either look like scan lines or are replaced by a different icon, and the affected textures just end up looking choppy.

For the first time, custom maps no longer appear on the Custom Map screen in game. The base map editor cannot be launched, so I used the one in the x86_64 folder. The custom maps appear fine with no errors here, but cannot be tested with yet another error pop up.

As for the map editor itself, the borders are missing, the options on the left hand side only appear one at a time if the mouse button is held on to where they are, and the editor itself is a bit laggy.

Now, I know what you are thinking, but this program being old has nothing to do with this. It ran flawlessly a patch ago, on Windows 10, and this is actually my favorite Blizzard game. My project I worked on now cannot be played at all with the new version nor can the new map editor test any map. Please, guys, if you can fix this, it would be great. It is a good thing I kept backups myself.

Oh, and the folder icons on the left hand side of the editor appear for a moment before the editor is done loading, and if you hold down both mouse buttons on them to make them appear, a big green square in the map editor appears on the terrain for a moment before the editor itself crashes.

1 Like

Himzo, that issue you are facing sounds crazy man. I run 1.31 on Windows 10 on two very different computers – a PC and a laptop – and in both cases when running the x86_64 folder World Editor I saw nothing like what you described. I also emulated windows and ran 1.31 on an Ubuntu Linux environment and used the 1.31 World Editor in that emulated environment and still never saw an issue like the one you describe. As a programmer myself, I know it is almost impossible to fix a user issue that I can’t reproduce on my local hardware. Is there any chance that you could tell Blizzard for their Q&A team what kind of computer is giving you these very crazy World Editor problems you are describing? You would want to include graphics card, motherboard, CPU, maybe RAM and other information. Otherwise they probably can’t possibly make their computers do what you say your computer is doing. And if it doesn’t happen on their computer, then they cannot fix it.

2 Likes

Anyone noticed new account was added yesterday in blizzard member activity - " BlizzardEntertainment added 1 day ago"

1 Like

Saw it. Probably means nothing like everything else on this forum :frowning:

2 Likes