1.31.1 Patch Notes

Only me have problems with Ally Team play?

P.S. it is so hard to play with friend. a A lot of bugs as cannot connnect to each other, connected but cannot start.

Because your logic is not working.

1. If this is work in progress and if this is the reason why it is so buggy, it should still be in the PTR rather than a major patch.
  2. Whether singleplayer or not, it is irrelevant to choice of version and players who paid for the game deserve the stable performance in all playable contents.
  3. Are map developers responsible to adapt? Yes. Is Blizzard 100% away of the matter? No. For good sake, is there even a warning of deprecation? Is there new natives (like the GetHandleId in 1.23) to help the adaption? This is not even a change of function interface but something quite basic to the aspect of code itself.

So please don’t act like someone is insulting your BFF when players express their frustration. You should actually appreciate that it is their pressure so that BLZ can do at least something right.

Vulcano would maybe be usefull with infinite range, so you can deal macro damage everywhere on the map, disturp fights in teamgames and so on.
As an aspect of counterplays, it could reveal the firelord channeling, whereever he is.
I mean, that would be fitting with the manacost of 25000 points.

Yep, I am seeing a good set of other complaints on how this new update still didn’t fix Mac and PC connections (such as hosting custom maps, which I am very concerned with), and instead, now allowed you to not be able to even launch the game on the Mac, giving a black screen. Despite the fact the Mac I have is still supported (64 bit), had tried reinstalling, repairing through the Warcraft 3 launcher, and many other things. I just want the game to be fixed, please. I don’t take kindly to having to keep complaining about it, let alone, this post is probably a no-brainer. I have heard that the issue is being worked on, but that’s been about 2-3 weeks ago, and we absolutely shouldn’t have to wait that long to fix an issue or two. I would appreciate not constantly feeling we’re all on deaf ears here. Look back to a previous version of Warcraft 3 when the game seemingly was running properly, find out all the present issues, and fix it. Reforged cannot be worked on, until the original Warcraft 3 is fixed, it just doesn’t make sense. Also, I had noticed some bugs with the World Editor, when I would copy & create a custom unit and try to place the copied version on my map, then the Unit Palette bar would only let me select on the unit of the original version to my copied custom unit (like the bar would show that I have the original unit selected, and sometimes I’d actually have the copied unit ready to place despite the bar appearing to not be selected on it), although I have discovered that relaunching the editor will fix it, but it’s still there regardless. I also noticed briefly of my Map Initialization trigger seeming to reset for a moment until I relaunched the editor, fixing it, but like I said, still a bug nonetheless. I noticed that if you zoom out too far, then it messes up the grids, so there’s that as well. Regardless, a complaint is a complaint, but I am grateful for the fixes that have been done, I was able to finally play one of my custom maps with another PC in result of the newest update, and that was great, after working on custom maps for months only to not be able to play with someone else on the LAN. I had to fix one of my map’s texts because of the previous update that had the bug that when you would save your map, then it would mix up all the text, and that issue was also resolved in the recent update, allowing me to continue working on my maps, so that was nice :slight_smile: , I appreciate the new functions of the editor too, that’s cool, but the “Open Map” section kind of sucks because it automatically doesn’t show the cancel button on the screen unless you minimize the bar, and you can’t cancel with ESC. The Terrain Palette isn’t even automatically extended all the way to the bottom too, so it covers up the section where you can choose to place terrain in a circular or square shape. Then there has been the whole thing in general on like the Object Editor bar when you have to keep adjusting the sides to keep from blocking text. I also noticed how in the Gameplay Constants, the ol’ “Etheral Bonus” was actually fixed recently to “Ethereal”, so nice job hehe >.< . Thank you very much.

1 Like

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any way currently for users to use the !roll or !flip function in game lobbies? I know custom games have them built in after games start. But for some of our custom games we need to decide captains or figure out who sits out…

!Flip and !Roll were always the most fair way to decide things, and unfortunately that function seems to be gone now? Would blizzard ever re-add this, or is there another function or command that would do the same thing that I don’t know about.

Thank you in advance very much.

Are you going to solve the “Freezing bug” (after some time, around 15 mins, the game is frozen for everyone and u have to leave)?? Or at least tell us what did you broke so we can avoid it. This bug is DANGEROUS, it has affected countless maps and we can no longer play them. Mappers cant fix it cause it is not their fault, PLEASE, say something Blizzard… We suspect it might have something to do with timers, that something is broken with them now and the game freezes no matter if they are properly coded or not, on or off, running or not. But this idea is not an answer, just a theory, so PLEASE, fix the bug or tell us what is broken to avoid it, other way custom maps are DEAD.

Bugs
Unit - Set Attack Interval doesn’t allow weapon index 0.
Also a lot of the new “Set Unit Field” commands do not work. For example: anything with weapons (using their specific comamnds works though), scaling value, shadow position & size.

Just a small request for new Reforged aura items.

(1) Is it possible to have an item that gives Thorn’s aura?

(2) It is possible to have an item that gives +50 range to ranged units around the hero?

Thanks.

Open world editor.

Make a custom item. Add buff thorns to item.

The customize thorns the ability itself if you want different values or levels to it.

Second one i dunno but u can increase general range like rifleman upgrade

Could there be a minor update that fixes the sound loops that persist after the game has finished? Every other game I have to restart Warcraft as being idle in the lobby (and the games I join!) drive me nuts on the sound loop of channeling abilities, such as siphon mana, reign of fire, blizzard, etc.

1 Like

Is there still any work being done on reducing the amount of desyncs? I’ve been working on updating an old map for the past 6 or 7 months and it’s gotten to the point where I can’t play that map on bnet anymore because I keep desyncing in the first 5 minutes, and I’m not the only one that’s been having this problem.

the freeze bug is not related to the game itself but custom content present in maps. i can for example play faction war for hours. it does lag however. there is massive drops in framerate from time to time.

The AI is not skilling any abilities anymore because the names of the skills in the editor have been changed by blizzard. Thus the NPC / AI can’t choose his good old skill.
For example: The Paladin’s “Holy Light” is now called “[AHhb] Holy Light” in the editor. But the skill “[AHhb] Holy Light” is unkown to the ai and thus doesn’t skill it.
This also renders alternative AIs such as AMAI useless.

1 Like

Can confirm all of these :beers:

1 Like

When I have multiple LAN games open to test my maps, replay autosave doesn’t function properly. + at the end of the game I don’t get the option to manually save and name my replay.
Can you make it so that even when you have multiple instances of the game open, replays still save for each game properly.

you should not use LAN, as that is insecure with bonjour. one of my pcs nearly stopped working because it had bonjour running. blizzard should create an alternative that is more secure.

I gotta say, because it’s astounding that you are able to this so: Congratulations! It’s simply amazing that you guys can take a nearly twenty year old game, a classic, one of your best games, and completely ruin it. It takes a special sort of sheer ineptitude to take something that’s worked and played perfectly for nearly twenty years and suddenly make it run like crap on modern systems.

I don’t even understand the logic surrounding the idea to screw with WC3. Why are you changing things on an old game that most of the player base will agree didn’t need changed? You didn’t do any major changes or gameplay changes to Starcraft in anticipation for SC: Remastered, so why would you suddenly turn around and decide, “huh, lets go and stick our grubby little fingers in another one of our classic games and destroy it”.

There is literally not one positive thing to come out of the most recent major update. Even if you decide to completely ignore the gameplay changes, which just goes back to the whole: Why are you doing balance changes in a game that’s 20 years old, because it didn’t need it. These updates has caused: Massive frame drops, game crashing on trying to leave a game/restart a game/quit the game, making the map directory unfindable so I can’t play custom maps anymore. And then there’s cutting support for RoC. I personally never played RoC after TFT came out, but if there was an active community that was based around it why would you suddenly cut them off and basically tell them, “Screw you, you don’t matter”.

There’s been a recent trend for Blizzard in the last 10 years or so, where they seem hellbent on ruining their own games. I didn’t care too much, since I quit playing all the newer stuff anyways. None of the newer expansions after WotLK for WoW were fun or challenging any more, and Overwatch is just it’s own cluster of questionable design choices. So I stuck with Brood War (and Remastered) and WC3, because I actually thought for a moment, “there’s no way they can ruin one of their own classics”. And lo and behold, you shattered my expectations and did just that.

I was actually excited for WC3: Reforged, because I did want to see one of my favorite, childhood games remade with better graphics, a better matchmaking system, and being more optimized. But you can’t be Blizzard unless you’re ruining something in some way, so I’m better off reverting to an older patch in WC3 classic instead and saving myself $40.

1 Like

it is not that bad, at least they made it possible to host without port forwarding. that have to account for something. they also made it possible to create heroes when creating new units in the editor(upper case unit ID), that is a good addition.

Cool patch :slight_smile: some further balance notes:

1. Mechanical critters and probably undead blight skulls shouldn’t cost gold,and be limited by cooldown only.
  2. You should be able to feed mana with Syphon Mana to a divine shielded paladin.
  3. Undead is a one-trick-pony race,some diversity would be great.
  4. Footmen could benefit from Sundering Blades along with knights.
1 Like

Can we please fix the desync issue with custom games? I understand that Reforged is coming and will have a new (and hopefully improved) map editor which should assist map creators with debugging and figuring out where the desyncs occur, but, that being said, desync issues are so random and unpredictable.

Playing customs feels like having the Sword of Damocles hanging over your head. Also, you have to quit the client if you want to play a different custom map. It is very cumbersome to the overall custom map experience.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: I don’t remember desyncs being an issue in the early to mid late 2000s. Only after 2010 or 2012 did it really become a thing at all. This leads me to believe it isn’t an issue with buggy maps but, rather, how those maps interact with battle.net. Or, perhaps, a decaying server architecture? Idk, but I’m hoping you guys can invest more time into figuring this one out.

Thanks. :slight_smile: