1.31.0 Patch Notes

World editor has actually been duplicated / moved. You need to go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III and then choose the x86 (for 32 bit I believe) or x86_64 (for 64 bit) folder and run world editor from one of those folders

2 Likes

i’ve noticed that the lag problem disappear suddenly when i press some button in the main menu, when the animation begins it stops lag, but when the animation stops, the lag is back again

So this is it huh? The last patch befor release? Oh boy that means it won’t be long now!

1 Like

Dear, Blizzard! All the strings in the World Editor are messed up! If you don’t have a backup file of the old WE as a wise map creator your maps (which are converted to the new ‘format’) get ruined.

We kindly ask You to make a hotfix.

Overall the changes are great and the World Editor became more user-friendly.

3 Likes

Save your crying for when Illuminati reveals their power and enslave us all after they take over venezuela and iran.

I updated the game on two different computers with identical results. The game crashes every single time. I was able to get the game running a couple of times but the display is scrambled and choppy.

Someone know how to make HOTKEYS work?

Finally working. I was able to fix fps problem and crashes by adding " -graphicsapi Direct3D9" to the wc3 shortcut

Sir, not to overreact, anyone who actually play the game will notice Ritual Dagger right now is useless. The PTR version is OK, but this one, you got be kidding me sir. And you said to promote it, hahahahahaah

Cross finger every time i open the game. Sometime normal, usually crash.

Mac OS version Mojave

Jesus, I have a campaing going on wich I have been building with tons of imported models and 7 completed maps. I haven’t opened it yet but what can I do to prevent any disaster to my work?

Have a backup? And three versions of WC3?

Do you know this is not an excuse when you buy a completed product you expect it to be complete

Wait, what? Having back ups is a no brainer.

I for one have always wanted to return to patch 1.01 and throw bolts at towers, but could never find a download online. Do I blame Blizzard though? No.

You can’t cause it is long gone they don’t need to give it to you and you don’t need backups but THEY have to give you working patches because in today’s world you can’t use any backup for a game that uses online features.

1 Like

Pete Stillwell,

What I’d ask is simple, can you make the world editor have an option for a dark theme?
Also, the code editor have a small font which is inconvinient. Maybe an option to change its size and font family? Can we have line numbering and keyword colors?

1 Like

I had the fps problem and the solution for me was to use the new .exe, that is in x86_64 folder, created shortcut out of it and also added there “-windowmode fullscreen -graphicsapi Direct3D9”. Now everything works just fine.

1 Like

I have several backups (world editor is not precisely the most stable program I’ve ever seen so I always have some in case any suddent crash) but if I want to continue doing some mapmaking can I open those files with the 1.31 version and be safe? Or can I use an older version?

I just pray that you dont go back to diablo 2 and ruin that game as well. Good job activision, turn a loved game into a completely different game just so you can release reforged as “your version” of wc3. Its not going to be wc3, its going to be another expansion. I bet i will be able to buy skins for 500+ dollars in a shop for my warchief.

I you have something, and you change most of it,… Then you will have; Something else! If you told us from the start that you wanted to make complete change to wc3 and then reforge it, no one would have hyped it.

Just remove the last 3 updates from Wc3, add AT back to it and leave it be. THen you can make the new expansion and call it “reforged” just leave the good games alone!!

5 Likes