Custom hotkeys are not working even when modifying manually

Hi All,

Do someone has any any idea why the custom hotkeys are not working, even after repair and manual change? Would be grateful if someone has a solution, or a programme to set up custom keys again, since the official base hotkeys for TFT are really badly aligned.

6 Likes

hey i have same problem…
custom hotkeys are not working anymore

Move the file to your Documents folder under /Warcraft/CustomKeyBindings/

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem … :frowning:

You need to move the custom keys file to a folder called “x86” inside Warcraft III folder, then use the Warcraft III.exe in that folder to run the game.

6 Likes

mine worked without moving them into the x86 folder, just follow my guide here

I just helped somebody fix this issue with the latest patch and he got it working by reinstalling his game and placing the customkeys into the default location (not the x86 folder) but I suppose it may be different for everybody as this game has weird quirks that vary from person to person

2 Likes

you have to copy your customkey.txt to:

C:\Users\Documents\Warcraft III\CustomKeyBindings

1 Like

I have the same problem. Not working after the update. Cant play the game anymore

Only the hotkeys from WTVR work … no one know how we can make work the old hotkeys ? I want the classic menu with : qwer - asd - zxcv

I had to move mine into the x86 folder easy once I figured that out.

Doesn’t work for me … I think it’s my customkeys the problem… someone have one customkeys qwer/asd/zxc with the classic disposition of the icones ?

Guys, read the posts in this thread … The proper place to put them is
%UserProfile%\Documents\Warcraft III\CustomKeyBindings.
Albeit it might work for now, don’t put them into x86 or x86_64 folders. No-one knows if they might even disappear in future releases.

I did it, but doesn’t work with my classic customkeys… only work with this one : https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comments/69p3nv/improved_custom_hotkeys_setup_by_wtvr/

But I don’t want these menu change with the construction button on the top …

why do you want your spells on ZXCV? that makes your fingers have to reach farther than compared to using QWER since its closer to the # keys… QWER is standard nowadays cause of mobas and ASD is default for Attack Stop hiDe

just keep pressing your fingers on QWER QWER QWER over and over to readjust your muscle memory… if its the buildings your worried about, just remember the first row = tier 1 and bottom row = tier 3

THIS WORKED ! (move the custom keys file to a folder called “x86” inside Warcraft III folder, then use the Warcraft III.exe in that folder to run the game)

none of this worked for me. no keys that i’ve used for 10 years.

at least my game is only running at 3 fps so can’t play the fecking game anyway

then completely uninstall the game, remove every last trace of evidence of the game on your pc, and do a fresh clean install

first thing i tried>.< reinstalled with a C: purge but nothing still.

sorry, the only other suggestion I can say is to maybe try another computer? just as a test to see if maybe theres an issue with the pc your using?

no worries, cheers for trying anyway. ain’t got another pc to try it on so hopefully they will fix it. literally been using the same file for 10 years so am guessing it’s something to do with my OS and the new patch or something.

‘mauro’ above also seems to be having the same problem with an old customkey file, but i was really hoping i wouldn’t have to manually remake it b/c i’ve changed 100+ hotkeys.

for reference though, i’m on win7 ultimate