1.31.0 Patch Notes

I can’t alt tab anymore :confused:
The background mode does not work! The whole client is freezing!

Where is your bugfix?

Sound and Music can be disabled by pressing hotkeys: ctlr+s and ctrl+m. It’s a very bad change to remove sound from an alt tabbed game. Staring at the screen untill game starts is now required. Thanks.

3 Likes

I love it, keep up the good work! =D

Please revert the Sound is disable while the game isnt on focus. As other people said already, if we dont want the sound we can just disable it with CTRL+S.

1 Like

“The map file referenced by the saved game is different from the map file on your hard drive”

I cannot load my saved games. What can I do? Put hours into some of these games!

I have a problem with mouse lag in this patch ( like after every one of these new patches ). Before, i could use -nativefullscr, and now -windowmode fullscreen -graphicsapi Direct3D9 doesn’t work.

1 Like

I haven’t updated the game and I can’t launch it at all.

My favorite map HLWRoC is a .w3m file. It is still in my download folder, but on TFT when I try to host the game, it simply does not appear in my map list. The map worked perfectly on TFT in previous patches even though it was designed for RoC.

The map is protected, please tell how to fix so I can play it again?

Also most the other maps I play either desync, crash while loading, crash while exiting, or crash while hosting.

Honestly can you just roll back patch please until many of the bugs are fixed? I don’t understand what is the urgent benefit of the patch while breaking everything else?

3 Likes

It was ok and worked fine for over a decade, please give me an option to opt out of, or at the VERY LEAST choose updates or when to download them. I don’t play online, I just want to mess around with the game I bought and paid for so many years ago. STOP MESSING WITH MY STUFF!!

Give me back my game and let me roll it back.

2 Likes

if not upgrade. I cannot play this game. But after the update. It crashes right away. What is worse

1 Like

Customkeys are also not working. Checkbox is clicked and the txt file already replaced another time.

why would you want to make them fail on TFT? they would play the exact same for the most part…wouldnt they?

Just finished playing a custom battle.net game. And to my dismay… was slapped in the face with new upgrades and game mechanics. What an absolutely abysmal idea to change an iconic game after a decade of it being let alone. I logged off nauseated and will no longer be paying for remastered. Absolutely appalling…

Also, the balance is terrible. Orc buildings are overpowered. Gryphons were already overpowered and you buffed them… Oh my gosh wow. These are just obvious things I picked up at a glance. I will not even read the small dissertation of patch notes.

I have been playing blizzard games since Warcraft 1. Raided heavily in wow until Pandas made me quit. And in all that time… I have never posted on the forums. I fell that disgusted…

3 Likes

Can’t believe how many strange and useless posts there are in this thread. Apparently it’s not super easy to patch a game this old while most focus is being put on Reforged. While the balance should be acceptable for now and some issues can be fixed on the user side (i.e. putting customkeys in the right folder and installing wc3 from scratch), valid points of criticism certainly are:

• Warcraft 3 crashes and FPS issues for many players that might be related to the DirectX11 subject

• Shut down of RoC, which remained a beloved mode for many players

• With the launcher being somewhat unreliable and many of the “permanent” problems (e.g. AT not working, laggy servers, folder structure), Blizzard failed to make the game more accessible to new players before Reforged

5 Likes

After the new patch 1.31, i cant start my game because resolution input is way higher than what my monitor can handle and there is no way fix that.I even tried regedit but whenever i open wc3, my screen goes black and say i have to change the input resolution…

About RoC… you know… if i may add a solution. how rain of chaos was and all its units/weapons and armor/ and every details…

if rain of chaos singleplayer skirmish works.

and i really mean when i say this… any NOVICE person can use the world editor open any map from the frozen throne they would like and recreate it and then host it as a custom game in frozen throne.

do NOT take what i say lightly… any person with little to no experience in world editing can pull such a thing in like 2 weeks of casual work. you can probably convert about 4 maps in the span of 2 weeks.

continue doing so and you literally created a whole host of custom maps that is playable inside frozenthrone but is basically rain of chaos.

blizzard removed rain of chaos. and they stated why in the patch. but there is a very easy solution that you guys can take unto fixing this.

open up a thread in hiveworkshop too i’m sure you will get alot of support. and before you know it you served to protect the very community you are apart of.

this is how warcraft 3 survived all these years by people doing such acts. and i don’t want this to get dramatic because just converting rain of chaos balance to a frozen throne map is like childs play. and it is a very reasonable solution.

unless you may bring the point about rain of chaos clans and its own auto matchmaking and such i can’t defend that because there is noway to replicate that. but if you don’t mind it then there is your solution.

2 Likes

This really helped me, i was trying to increase my FPS fullscreen mode did not work on its own. I also had to disable vSYNC in the video options to have my FPS back at its high 600’s. Yes i am aware of the benefits of VSYNC and perhaps having such a high FPS should cause some tearing…but it doesnt :slight_smile:

[Mac Client Maps were Missing After patching to 1.31.0]

All the official maps were gone after update the game to 1.31.0, I have searched all of the War 3 related folders and found out the official maps were disappeared after 1.31 patch.

1 Like

As a MAC user, the previous patch 1.30 was a total nightmare, my bluetooth mouse became very laggy (sort of weird input lag)… the game was very slow. I was thinking of installing Windows 10 on another partition to still play the game with decent FPS. But with this 1.31 patch, omg! the game has become smooth & fast again ! No more input lag. I only play custom maps (Hero Push, Castle Fight, Hero Siege, LTW etc). Everything works really good like before ! it’s again a pleasure to play!

For some reason my World Editor stoped working after installing 1.31 patch. It shows the message “can’t found ‘ClientSdk.dll’, try reinstalling the program”. Of course, I tried that and didn’t help. Any idea why?