StarCraft:Remaster encountered bad game data

This is sad and disrespectful to their players that after days Blizzard is not even acknowledging us, no mention that they are aware or working to resolve this issue. Top post in technical support and blizzard staff chimed in once weeks ago before they broke the game again. We receive nothing but silence. Is there a technical support team still?

1 Like

Iceman17 is correct! Asia server works. All other servers still give the bad game data error message.

1 Like

So, kinda sucks though. Because some of my friends are still able to play on Americas server. And When I’m on Asia server that you can switch to in Bnet app with the globe. And I picked West server when I got into menus. But unable to play with my friends that are on.

Switched to Asia region and it patches and works… I agree this is disrespectful and very dismissive from Blizzard. Sad situation here.

1 Like

Guys! problem solved! First, we install the ASIA server and download the update, after that we launch the game and everything works.
BUT
Then we move it to EUROPE, download the update and go into the game and everything works!

2 Likes

Can you please poke them again? Show them the state of these forums. For nearly a month we can’t play, and we are just being ignored =(

1 Like

pero como hago , si soy de america??

Та же проблема. Не запускается. Пробовал загрузить другой язык для игры, в первый раз помогло. Сейчас не работает.

starcraft is missing game data and cannot start. Try reinstalling the game.
У меня вот такая хрень.Переустановка,починка не помогают.

I think by analogy, as I did.
Download first ASIA (start the game, exit the game), and then AMERICA, it should work.

cambia a version de asia y aqui la version es la 9411 y puedes jugar bien

Tambien tengo el mismo problema, ya intente explorar y reparar (no funciono), re instalar (no funciono), restablecer toda configuración (no funciono), instalación limpia (no funciono), Ejecutar como admin y/o 32 / 64 bits (no funciono), esta todo actualizado y sin errores en el sistema.

Hey all,

I’m poking someone on this again as I see reports of this in a few areas and think something needs attention again. I’ll try to post something when I hear back. Thanks for everyone’s patience and understanding!

3 Likes

I tried playing a few minutes ago and there’s a new update, now the bad game data message is gone, but as soon as it launches and the screen goes black, Im back at the blizzard app again with an error message. Tried changing to all the other servers as some of you suggested, and nothing works… it’s crazy what it takes to make a game that is 20+ years old work.

1 Like

Was working before this new update. Every time there’s an update, it causes this problem. Wish BLZD would stop doing random updates without testing them. Can’t play, this sucks.

1 Like

still…i can join the game omg

1 Like

Hi there, did you manage to play again? I dont find any way to make it work. Thank you!

1 Like

Is it working on your side now? thanks body

1 Like

Hi, I have the same problem for about a week. I deleted everything, installed it all again, still the same issue… It’s probably a problem from blizzard… please help us.
Thank you!

1 Like

You must have missed the memo.

In the Blizzard Battle.net app, change your region to Asia via the globe icon bottom left and click on Update. It will roll back your install to 1.23.8.9411

That patch is known working without issues so you will be fine until they update the patch for Asia region.

Your Americas friends list wont work but that is a small price to pay.

1 Like