StarCraft:Remaster encountered bad game data

Hello there i have played SC:remasterd later today untill that error come up and i can’t fix it. "StarCraft encountered bad game data that must be repaired . " . I did run repair and also try this that found on some topic:
" 1. Press windows key + R > Type %programdata% > Click OK > Delete the Battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment folders
2. Press windows key + R > Type %appdata% > Click OK > Delete the Battle.net folder
3. Press windows key + R > Type %localappdata% > Click OK > Delete the battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment folders

Once done start up the Battle.net App again and try to Repair the game once more. This should fix your issue."

But still error is poping up again.

15 Likes

Yeah I have same problem. I created a thread on this like an hour ago but it got deleted :slight_smile:

I also tried updating .Net Framework as I am pretty sure I saw a popup on the last successful update saying that next update requires .Net 4.8.

I have tried many things. Must just be a corrupted launcher.

7 Likes

Same for me…forced update then BOOM!

4 Likes

Same problem since the new update

2 Likes

its pretty BS … re installed many times… and nothing works normal

2 Likes

Originally just noticed the LAN issues where you could not join any created game no matter who started it, how many reinstalls, how many repairs, and how many restarts we tried. There are a bunch of errors in single player also. Revert the update please or let us install old versions!

1 Like

Yes on two of my machines playing multi player, expansion, lan game: I can start the game, and no one can join. Noticeably the OK button is grey. I’ve checked both machines are the same latest version, firewall allows starcraft through. I’ve restarted both machines. Still I can see someone host a game, but the ok button is still grey.

2 Likes

I DID IT AND THE PROBLEM STILL THERE NEED HELP strong text

1 Like

I’ll second this issue, Window 10 Machine, the autoupdate installed 8.9588 and now I get the “Starcraft is missing game data and cannot start. Try reinstalling the game” Repair or Close are the two options, I’ve done the repair, and it didn’t work. I’ve also uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Still the same result.

5 Likes

Also experiencing this same issue. windows 10 64 bit. NVIDIA NVS 3100M, intel core i7 M 620, directx 12. The game was working fine. Played it without issue yesterday or the day before.

Thank you in advance for any help.

1 Like

I did nothing, but was able to get in now.

1 Like

they just rolled back the patch

1 Like

Same problem under linux/wine (the only way I play the game). Previously it worked fine.

1 Like

Hey everyone,

We poked the developers on this and they look to have reverted a change again. If you were affected by the bad data error, can you all try again? If it continues, try a scan and repair and test again.

Past that, please reply back here so we can let them know it’s still going on.

1 Like

After updating I was excited to play again but instead the game won’t run and crashes. A message pops up saying “StarCraft is missing game data and cannot start. Try reinstalling the game” which I did… multiple times. I did repairs and nothing works.

9 Likes

it happened to me, too

1 Like

as always … same here … this happened a few days ago and they fixed it… now suddenly… its happened again … it will be fixed eventually… again

1 Like

Yeah me too.Why they keep updating when update keeps crashing game.Do they read this forum or test updates before deploying?

1 Like

me esta pasando lo mismo alguien sabe como solucionarlo … esto incomoda mucho

1 Like

Me too, please help us.

1 Like