StarCraft:Remaster encountered bad game data

I changed my region to Asia and it did help thank you.
My issue was “Starcraft is missing game data and cannot start. Try reinstalling the game.”
I got that problem after I bought Starcraft remastered, playing via Macbook pro 13" 2018 i5 Catalina

1 Like

I have big problems with that patch so I wrote a ticket to support and talked about the following issues.
1 After logging into Bnet all is blank on my screen so I cant join any games
2 Chinese message poping up on screen
3 I cant create LAN games since its all blank again
4 I cant watch replays it boots me rigt after it starts
I have tried to re install the game like 4 times, to no avail
I have also done that about windows +R and delete some blizard forders and so on, as said in some other treads (to no avail again)
I have also tried scan and repair several times to no avail

2 Likes

if only you read the two posts above yours, you would have had your answer.

1 Like

Yes, I got it to work, mostly. I posted this on another thread, but here goes…after launching the app, on the bottom left is a “globe”. Click on it and change the region to ASIA. It will force another update and then you can play. Your friends list and messaging is messed up because it’s region specific.

5 Likes

si nos van a solucionar el problema seria bueno y si no mejor que nos devuelvan nuestro dinero ya ha pasado mucho tiempo que no nos ayudan en nada espero resuelvan este problema lo mas rápido posible

1 Like

Im running in the same problem for the last 3 weeks now
uninstalled the whole app and game many times still same thing

1 Like

no puedo jugar desde que se actualizó el ultimo parche

1 Like

Are they going to fix this???

2 Likes

Серьезно, уже неделю ничего сделать не могут?

I have weeks not playing, will you repair or what?

1 Like

Some days ago I bought Starcraft Remastered + Cartooned but still can’t play it! Is it normal?? Why does Blizzard not reply to people’s complaints??

1 Like

Hey there,

Thanks for following up with us on this. I’ve updated our tracking on this topic and will continue the investigation. So far, common workaround for this error have been:

• Changing game/app language
  • Changing game/app region

I do hope the info helps. Let us know if the problem continues beyond the above two changes.

Thanks again for following up with us!

1 Like

Who is in charge of Broodwars now?

1 Like

Tengo el mismo problema en 2 computadoras distintas. Arreglen por favor no se puede jugar.

1 Like

Hi,
Any chance of fixing this ? I can’t play the game that I paid for…Aren’t the patches properly tested before realeasing them ?
Is there any way to play the game without updating it each time a new patch gets launched?
Regards,

1 Like

After all, were you able to fix the error? I’m trying here…

Hey all,

Looks like this error has cleared up. If it happens again please go ahead and create a new thread with the details.

Thanks!