Your favorite Cinematic

I did Kaldir Zerus Char. I wanted the hydralisk first but to come back to Char as the queen of blades.

2 Likes

Playing without Hydralisk and Roach was a big no-no for me.

2 Likes

I don’t care what the comic says! The canon order is clearly Char-Kaldir-Zerus!

1 Like

No one cares about your opinion.

That’s not the point, though. It’s just that there are many more sensible option, but for some reason the developper went with this one. It makes the least sense overall.

You mean the one where Kerrigan is gigantic bi^ch? Works fine.

Well, I just can’t accept the route that put Kaldir after Zerus, even though Kaldir is availble first.

Well we have to accept Epilogue.

What Epilogue? (La~ La~ La~ Can’t hear you~)

2 Likes

It’s a shame that the order appears to be Char>Zerus>Kaldir. Kerrigan’s character was already all over the place, but now it just looks a heck of a lot worse having Warfield call her out in his dying moments for being a murdering b1tch only to go back to slaughtering a Protoss research colony in cold blood afterwards. Char being last would have at least had some semblence of a character arc. Not a very good one, but it would have been there.

1 Like

You know, i still havent seen anybody explain why Kerrigan should be particularly concerned about sparing Templar lives. If she cant remember anything from her infestation, then all she knows is that theyre a big scary alien menace that have killed as many terran planets as the zerg have. If she does remember them, then she knows that theyre an explicit and incredibly deadly threat to her life and limb, that they hate her and she absolutely cannot under any circumstances allow them to go on the offensive against her or she will be crushed.

3 Likes

I’ll let Kerrigan explain it:

“I just don’t think anyone deserves to have the Zerg unleashed on them.”

Restoring her humanity in wings of liberty was a stupid writing decision and nobody can convince me otherwise. If they had just left her alone then nobody would be complaining about her slaughtering Templar.

I know you too well to believe that you wouldnt be complaining Gradius.

2 Likes

It actually does make more sense as I never bought “human” Kerrigan surviving those freezes.

They attacked her first.

It wasn’t restored though, she was not 100% de-infested. She also said that line:

a) before she was brutalized and twisted more than what the Confederacy did to her.
b) before she herself decided to use the Swarm purely for the pursuit of revenge.

I’d be very surprised if you weren’t complaining anyway.

4 Likes

That would probably justify the first Kaldir mission, but hunting down escape ships in the following two was way overboard. Honestly, if Kaldir was just one mission where she has to escape from the Protoss after finding the missing brood, I probably would have been fine with it.

Kerrigan spent a bunch of time with Raynor post infestation and he should have explained that Protoss are individuals (some are good, some are bad) and that slaughtering them wholesale is wrong.

But not really…because that should be obvious and not require any elaboration. In your guys’ version of the story is Kerrigan just an idiot, or what?

Right, because that’s his priority right now. Not, you know, helping her get through the day to day mental anguish, making sure that Valerian is on the level, and keeping the whole group safe from Mengsk.

Theyre actively attacking her. Why should “are these some of the good protoss?” even enter into the equation?

I suppose you think she should have just let the Golden Armada track her down and kill her instead?

2 Likes

Well this is just repeating the old issue of “why doesn’t Kerrigan just leave?”

The chances that the Golden Armada would actually prepare itself in time to catch up to Kerrigan would already have been really astronomical.

Says you. The Golden Armada has specifically been preparing itself for conflict with Kerrigan’s Swarm for years now, and we know from LoV that threats of its readiness were not idle. Heck, they even have a direct link to Shakuras.

3 Likes

She totally remembers, she straight up tells Zeratul that he has more reason to hate her than most. The amnesia card is so inconsistently played by the narrative its unbelievable.

Obviously the answer to “why are these Protoss trying to kill me?” Is because she repeatedly betrayed and murdered them.

4 Likes