Wierd game breaking texture bug

I have a wierd problem, a little bit of a backstory: ‘Long story short’ Had an old PC, Phenom II, HD 7970ghz, game played fine. During the year, I upgraded, didin’t went too crazy, i5 4670k + 1070 Ti.

Wanted to play this game again. Last time I played was back in April or something. Zero issues with old rig. Now, I have a problem with the textures. Look at the picture below, specially the terrain:

(Oh I can’t post links on this forum, what is this? 1995?)

That’s crazy. No matter wich settings I use, that doesn’t change. But wait, there is more, the plot thickens, watch this next picture:

(Well, since I can’t post the pictures, I’ll try to describe it to you: Bad textures, Blurry, like painted and the moisted or something, some parts of it are completely black, units kinda go down in those black parts and they don’t walk over these black holes)

See that? Well, it’s not just horrible to look at, it is also impossible to cross it. Yeah. I can’t progress. There are several textures like these, and I can’t walk above them, and in this level, I can’t progress, probably there are more like this one (where I can’t progress).

So, as I said, I can’t progress. Things I’ve tried:

Deleting variables file
Deleting StarCraft 2 folder in My Documents
Checking if variables was set to read only (it wasn’t)
Re-Install the game
Check game integrity files
Restart computer
Running BattleNet as Admin
Running game as Admin
Trying different resolutions
Trying different graphics settings

I’m running out of ideas. This is the only game I have issues with. (I play a lot of games, just coming back from Jedi Fallen Order, had a blast).

So… Any tips? Could somebody please help me? There’s summer vacations coming, and I was all about re-playing StarCraft Remastered and this one.

2 Likes

Howdy!

That sounds like artifacting. Can you upload a picture to a site like Imgur.com and then link it back here using the code block below:

~~~
`Link Here`
~~~

^ If that doesn’t work just leave the ending example the bold part: https//i.imgur.com/7E2C9k7.jpg

Thanks!

Imgur sayd it’s overloaded, lemme try to post the original pictures I was going to post:

www mediafire com/view/fb7k9cx6y7ciss2/Screenshot2019-11-26%2022_24_44.jpg

There, could you please add the dots to the triple w and mediafire? Thanks mate.

Now, I don’t know if we have a different concept or artifacts, but this doesn’t sound like artifacts to me, aren’t artifacts when the vga memory is failing and the videocard dying? If that is so, this is nothing like it, basically for 2 reasons, one, it just happens to me in this game, and 2, artifacts don’t break the game, this breaks the game for me, it kind of add and invisible wall and my units can’t go trough.

The second part is correct about an invisible wall. We have two issues being investigated by our QA and Developers after the latest patch. Seems you are running into both issues at the same time! >,<

• First one about graphics can be found Here.

• Second one about ramps not working correctly maybe related to the invisible wall you are talking about Here.

These issues are still new and data is being collected. At this time I would believe both of theses to be known issues with the latest patch. I would recommend to follow up in both threads linked about and provide them any data you can so we can get this fixed!

Thank you!

Same thing and it seem we’re a lot having the same issue

1 Like

Oh my! So I just picked the wrong day to re-install StarCraft 2.

Ok then, thanks for the help. I’m going to wait. Summer vacations start in January so I can wait.

Thanks for the heads up Zuvykree, and sorry if I sounded like an a-hole in between. It’s just that I’m tired and I’ve trying to find the solution for this for the last 2 hours.

Thanks.

1 Like

Not a problem at all! Yeah patch days some times can have surprises but our team is on the case! Sorry about that we hope to have these issues fixed up soon so you can check out the game again!

3 Likes

you can post links - just google the forums a bit.
I answered this a couple of times with screenshots.

hey some guy in the arcade chat says something and it worked my ramp isnt bugging anymore :smiley:

go Run.exe - type INTL.CPL and run it - go to “additional settings” and change Decimap Symbols to “.” (dot)

is this legit or did it get me in more trubbls if i do that?

3 Likes

Thanks Trospa, this worked for me! I had the same problem as StarryShaw.

edit: the fuzzy is over but I still can’t move certain troops of a slope for example!
edit2: can move off slopes after restarting mission!

Same problems. Invisible wall and texture bug.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/up4qpzx5yu34upq/Hevens%20fall%202019-11-27%2021_48_38.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/view/cdl1etd24c2kmqk/Rchoes%20of%20the%20future%20Screenshot2019-11-27%2021_43_29.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/view/or8o8e61pk2fhca/Smash%20and%20grab2019-11-27%2021_57_24.jpg