Why Carriers suck, and why blizzard won't fix them

Para bomb not counter carrier they can hold full damage if stay on battery or not

2 Likes

That is exacerbated by the lack of a proper GtA Protoss firepower. In PvT even the Storm is denied by the OP EMP.
Stalker should gain +2 in each attack upgrade (not only on vs. armored). All GW armies scale poorly with upgrades.

1 Like

Nah you just not micro any 200 limit supply army properly say terrans

I think there is no other so cancerous unit in the game as Carier! At least make them ,dumb, so theyr AI doesnt focus fire Spellcasters and Hydras, so Toss player must do this himselfā€¦ and also make Cariers be a priority target if in range! Also 14 leash! Thats what destroys everything! If me as Zerg player see I dont have enough Corruptors and I pull back, I lost again plenty of my expencive units on rethreat!!!

You as a Zerg player should have a little more brain than a larva and remember that Zerg arsenal has Vipers, Infestors and Spore fields to deal with everything Skytoss.

4 Likes

Even phoenix, there is no point in investing a 2nd stargate and air ugrades (which pheonix desperately needs) since you can not transition out of it. Unless you are playing phoenix war in pvp.

Itā€™s not that stargate unit suck (except for Tempest, that unit is a joke. The teran can outproduce 2:1 the libs you kill and a thor eats it for breakfast) but they get hard countered: VR- WM, ghost, parasitic bomb, infestorā€¦ you can buff it however you want, it will still be insta death. Carriers get their interceptors guned down by the marines faster than it can release them (wonā€™t even talk about replace them) let alone the thor AA which was buffed over and over. And whatā€™s the point of making a tier 3 expensive unit (whichever that might be) when the vipers stays on the safety of spore forest picking them 1 by 1 and one shots them.

A lot of low level players headbut into carriers at 30-40 drones screaming they are cancerous without realising they can actually march the spores across the map

5 Likes

Infestors are totally trash, almost no one pro gamer uses them anymore since patch! And yeah yeah, A-moved Cariers + Storm vs Creep spread, spores unborrow/borrow, trying to do runby/Banes, moving Lurkers, avoiding HT with Vipers, storms with Corruptors, Abducting Cariers one by oneā€¦ nice. I cant imagine with my 240apm! Really fun for causal player

1 Like

Infestors still have NP, Carriers are big units of 6 Supply and Protoss canā€™t have them in big numbers. Abducting some and NP some other is not that difficult. Late-game PvZ is in such a state that all protossers at all levels (Bronze to Pro) try to end the game as early as they can.

4 Likes

abduct + parasite is so much bs it is not funny. Especially on massive.

same with cruiser or tor.

how about fixing cruiser? Like increasing cooldown from 0,23 (normal) to 0,5 while doubling damage per shot ? from 5/8 to 10/16, with damage upgrades adding +2 instead of +1 ?

1 Like

PB counter Carriers by killing Interceptors. Carrier is the only unit that has to pay to fully arm, and can be disarmed.

You know this, stop`being desingenuous.

2 Likes

I think thatā€™d be super interesting. Void rays getting buffs to be the capital ship and carriers being nerfed to being a mid game ship. However, I think

1. a massively powered void ray would make tempests obsolete
  2. it goes against protoss lore
  3. carriers are relatively easy to fix with minor stat changes: interceptor build time decrease to 7 seconds, give them +1 shield to start.
1 Like

i main terran what? also if i ever play toss i dont even consider void rays. I think i have it unbound actually

1 Like

I canā€™t agree.
itā€™s harder for lower players. carriers have a good range and you only have to press the storm button.
The statement ā€œZerg has infestor/ viperā€, even GM and PIG say that they avoid to build both and prefer to play a simpler comp with only one caster.
generally than z vs. sky toss/ ht the game style is different, you donā€™t attack but try to get only single units.

On a pro level it may well be that pure skye toss is bad (you never see it).
@Richie
i have my own problems against skytoss with mass cannon def. but there is no experience how to play it. best way to fix it is to get better.

1 Like

well, it seems strange that broodlords swarm hosts make free units, but carrier does not. Would free interceptors be op ? I think yes, but you already have free locusts and broodlings. This would make the same thing. Broodlords have a constant supply of wannabe scarabs from SC1. No production problems.

are free interceptors broken ? If so, how are free broodlings and locusts NOT ???! Interceptors dont cause advarsary friendly fire, unlike broodlings.

The closest relative to the carrier is broodlord.

Interesting then, Interceptors would have a life span. And bl/broodlings could attack ground and air.

1 Like

I would ask, in that case, if Protoss players could be rewarded if they managed their interceptors better - what I mean is that if they force the interceptors to return to the Carrier, they get fully healed (like they did in Brood War), thereby removing the need to have them rebuilt and being able to dump those minerals into extra Zealots or an earlier expansion.

these are changes that you should try out on test servers. They donā€™t sound big but may have a good impact.

extra zealots: makes sense
earlier expansion: that confuses me. 2 base carrier for save 3 base ?

Well, the expansion was just an example with extra minerals - another expansion is more of a late-game thing.

Iā€™m putting an extension mod together that has a change for each race (so thereā€™s something for everyone) - Iā€™m still deciding what to give Protoss: Test/Suggestion Mod in the works

Oh yes like all those other micro intensive T3 units like the BC, thor, broodlord, ultra

4 Likes

:sunglasses: ^^ :sunglasses: