Which Zerg Brood/Pack is the strongest?

Nuke lemon flavor! 20

3 Likes

She also seems to put more effort into improving upon her Zerg. With the help of Abathur, she’s been able to significantly improve upon the strengths of her Zerg without backlash. Her Zerglings, Roaches, Banelings, Swarm Hosts and Ultralisks are all significantly stronger than their counterparts in Amon’s broods, able to fill more roles and trade more efficiently, without costing any more resources.

So in terms of individual strength, Kerrigan’s brood is the strongest.

3 Likes
  1. Kerrigan’s Swarm (Post-HotS)

2. Zagara’s Swarm (Post-LotV)

3. Kerrigan’s Swarm (Post-BW)

4. Overmind’s Swarm (Post-Aiur Invasion)

5. Overmind’s Swarm (Pre-Aiur Invasion)

6. Second Overmind’s Swarm

7. Stukov’s Infested Terrans

8. Dehaka’s Primal Packs

Post HoT, when Zerg is led by either Kerrigan or Zagara should be Zerg’s absolute strongest point. Zerg conquered countless Daelaam, Tal’darim, Dominion, Umojan colonies in HoT’s through evolution missions or broodmothers. Most of the worlds in the sector is occupy by either feral Zerg or the Zerg Swarm by the time Mengsk died and it hasn’t change. In theory, the Zerg Swarm, even when it’s led by Zagara, is the strongest faction in the sector.

Putting Overmind’s Swarm below Kerrigan’s BW Swarm is kind of ridiculous.

They don’t conquer Daelaam colony worlds, it’s usually a research facility with some larger security detail.

Not to mention your frivolous use of the word countless.

3 Likes

So many things wrong with that list. Like why would the Overmind’s swarm be stronger after the invasion and incurring a bunch of casualties against the protoss?

Citation needed. It could also be that the Overmind controlled more minions than Kerrigan or Zagara, or that Kerrigan controlled more minions post BW after building up for 4 years.

There’s not enough info to make a solid definitive list.

I meant, post-BW Swarm, so by that time Kerrigan is already the queen b of the sector.

@Gradius: I am judging it by how many worlds the Zerg conquered. Overmind didn’t conquer as many worlds as Kerrigan did in HoT. Once the Zerg conquer a world, they never leave, so purification is the only solution. The only outlier is Aiur since the toss are obsess with reclaiming their homeworld. Search Category:Zerg worlds on wiki and you will see.

She almost got wiped out on Omega. Why would this ever be her strongest point? Maybe after the 4 years sure.

Citation needed. The Overmind spent millenia traveling around the galaxy infesting species and conquering planets. Kerrigan had the swarm for a few years.

That’s a lame metric because:

1. Not every world is on the wiki.
  2. Kerrigan inherited the Overmind’s swarm. Of course she’s going to have his planets.

Doesn’t make sense if you make a head to head comparison.

If you mean what I think you might mean, then you should say pre-WoL.

Using conquered worlds as a stat doesn’t work, because worlds have different population, different strategical importance and different number of troops stationed.

Conquering 1 Aiur is more than conquering 20 if not 100 Agrias.

Post-BW is after she won the BW. HoT alone Kerrigan conquered at least 20 worlds. Also like you said she inherited Overmind’s worlds and add more worlds to it, why wouldn’t the Zerg be stronger? If Overmind has 100 planets under his control, wouldn’t add 20 more make it stronger?

@Skehan: I think you miss where I said Kerrigan’s swarm evolves through conquering worlds in HoT, that’s what evolution missions are for, they don’t just blindly go after worlds. Through each world they conquer, they evolve and they grow in population. Conquering Aiur is impressive but the Zerg can’t even gain Protoss essence from it so I will take 20 more worlds than Aiur alone.

It’s not like Overmind didn’t conquer worlds off-screen while having the same crazy evolution slug scientist as Kerrigan.

Because he did.

While I disagree with @Firefly’s list, and absolutely Kerrigan’s Swarm was stronger four years post-Brood War, she most certainly did not nearly get wiped out at Omega.

She ended up mopping the floor with the three ragtag fleets sent against her with only a small amount of her forces, the bulk of which were on the surface of Char itself and in the process of relocating, as I recall.

I’d call for a middle ground.

It was an extremely tough fight, but nearly getting wiped out is a stretch.

2 Likes

It was hyperbole but the core point was that she’s not going to be at her strongest after a giant protracted battle where she suffered a bunch of losses. That’s why she spent 4 years rebuilding.

1 Like

Well I definitely agree with that (as per my previous comments).

As far as im aware, Kerrigan’s casualties were fairly small in that battle relative to the overall strength of her extended forces. Im sure it was a bloody conflict relative to the forces actually involved, but a majority of her forces weren’t even involved. The bulk of her forces were still on the surface of Char.

1 Like

Why is Primal Zerg so low on your list? They might never moved away from Zerus and evolve with essence from other species, but Kerrigan states multiple time that the Primal has many strong essence.

Abathur even impresses and promptly steal some of it.

I think the Primal Zerg simply cannot be too strong. You see how Zurvan, by far the most powerful of them all doesn’t do anything because it’s not worth the effort. It is only one scarcely populated and not-at-all zergified planet with constant infighting.
If anything, they probably have lots of high tier and elite units due to the evolution by killing thing.

2 Likes

To be fair, Dehaka was the only flexible pack leader and now he’s the only pack leader standing. This might change the status quo.

Dehaka is weak though. All this talk about essence collection and he does nothing.

1 Like

AKA not enough mission!