When will next new commander come out?

I don’t think there will be a new commander. The rushed patch before Christmas, and the fact that Mengsk re-balancing was included that short after his release hints that the coop team got shut down in 2020.

2 Likes

As there haven’t been an announcement; I doubt they’ve stopped.

3 Likes

There are never announcements

1 Like

There would be a News segment about ending support. You aren’t going to just stop. People are expecting content. It’s one thing to be silent until an announcement; it’s another to not announce anything. They’d at least state that Arcturus was the last Commander in his reveal video.

I hope we get OVERMIND!!! Zerg are a bit forgotten in co-op :confused:

1 Like

Its gonna be protoss next.

What I fear that the next commander might be the last for 3 reasons.

1. The commander slots at menu appearance is currently uneven, which means by putting one more commander will even it out.
  2. Blizzard has been going down a little with Diablo Immortal and then REALLY DOWN with warcraft 3 reforged T-T
  3. Why focus on Starcraft 2 when There are more important and Lucrative Blizzard games that needs attention?

So Yeah… they may not happen, but with current situation… it may well as happen T-T

If the next one is gonna be the last, should it then not be Tosh? Because there are at least two still unused terran units with Spectres and thos shockdogs.

1 Like

I don’t see the next being the last. Both Tosh and Selendis are by far highly demanded Commanders.

There is also still plenty of potential. As long as they got a small team to give us Commanders; Blizzard can still make some money before ending support.

1 Like

I believe there won’t be any commander this year or in any time soon for 6 months because of all the backlash of warcraft unforged that siphoning resources away from Coop

2 Likes

Blizzard has the resources to do both Reforged and co-op.

The real problem are the powers higher up who are clearly unfit for the job.

7 Likes

Its been almost 2 Months since Blizzard patched Sc2 Co-Op and the new Mutations (3 left) are almost running out.
They better update sooner!!

I’m thinking they started working on the next Commander before they went on break. They most likely resumed when they returned. It’ll likely be a bit before this potential Commander is finished. I wouldn’t expect the next Commander until maybe May or June.

I’m thinking it’ll be Selendis as she is highly requested. However, my hope is that it’ll be Rohana or a surprise.

we already have Zeratul as Ihan-rii commander.
btw, I think next one will be Selendis or Rohana.

Isn’t Coop already on a skeleton crew? It doesn’t seem like anything would be improved from that.

Selendis would also be Templar like Artanis. Ji’nara would be Tal’darim like Alarak. Why wouldn’t we be able to have more than one Ihan-rii? Karax and Talandar already are both Purifier. Ouros makes sense for Ihan-rii.

There are plenty of Ihan-rii units unused. I see no reason to not use them.

But he’s about as Protoss as Stetmann is Zerg.

1 Like

… nova, and dead dude with buddies say hello

Probably around 4-5 persons working on it, may be less.

You do realize that Ouros is Xel’naga? Which the Ihan-rii worship. They would follow Ouros without question. Stettman just proved the Commander doesn’t need to be of the same race as his forces.

1 Like

What’s up with Nova?

It’d be interesting to have the big space slug himself for sure, yet I cannot help but feel this is somewhat of a stretch. But who knows, maybe they’ll do Ouros.

And maybe even a Zerg Commander who’s actually Zerg for a change.