When will next new commander come out?

As you know, there are currently 15 commanders. each races five
I think next is protoss. because Stetmann(Zerg) - Mengsk(Terran).
In the following order, the Protoss is right.

most users wanted Selendis first in votes of many commanders which hope next commander to come out

4 Likes

And here I thought each race has six Commanders, adding up to 18:

• Terran: Jimbo, Swann, Nova, H&H, Tychus, Mengsk
  • Zerg: Kerrigan, Zagara, Abathur, Stukov, Dehaka, Stetmann
  • Protoss: Artanis, Vorazun, Karax, Alarak, Fenix, Zeratul

While I do agree that Protoss is the most likely for next, we’ve seen the developers not going by a set order before (where not all races got a Commander one after the other) as well. As far as it goes, if the next Commander is indeed a Protoss, I am hoping for Ji’nara. We have Artanis and partially Karax as Khalai based Commanders, Karax (again, partially) and Fenix as Purifiers, Vorazun and Zeratul (also partially) as Nerazim based and only Alarak as Tal’darim. The air Protoss everybody seems to want could be either Ji’nara or Selendis.

If it is Terran, I’d love to see a themed army for any of the subfactions, Lt. Morales for the UED, even boyo Valerian for Umoja, despite my strong dislike towards both Valerian and Umoja. Tosh is a likely candidate now that Warfield’s imagined role has been taken up by Mengsk. Tosh could also be a Heroic unit, something Terran Commanders have a big lack of.

And finally Zerg… just make Niadra.

3 Likes

When will next new commander come out?

Should be asking “Is there a new commander in the works?”.

If yes, only then can you ask “when” it will come out.

2 Likes

As for who is likely left:

Terran: Tosh, Valerian, Warfield, and Hanson
Zerg: Izsha, Overmind, Niadra, and Zurvan
Protoss: Selendis, Rohana, Ji’nara and Ouros (Ihan-rii)

My most wanted is Rohana. I want her to have access to units from all 4 Protoss factions. She could do this with a unique structure based on the War Council from the Campaign.

Alexa go and risk for an early third base.

2 Likes

Niadra is somewhat confirmed. Like Stetman they have already an idea how she should play and she will be a Broodmother with her Zerg using Protoss Tech so she will be a more Hero unit approach of Stukov.

Didn’t the Blizzard Panel say that a Protoss Commander is due next after Mengsk?

As far as I’ve heard, that was just a fan concept. Niadra is dead set on hunting all protoss, because that was the last order Kerrigan gave her. Why would she use protoss tech?

Because she captured a protoss ship and with all the technik from dead protoss she uses their weapons and technology and evolve her swarm so they are on same technic lvl as their pray but has the advantage of bigger numbers.

2 Likes

Well Zerg can infest everything the humans have.
And Protoss cant be assimilated but their teck should be fair game.

2 Likes

i figure sometime around next year, and also, there are 18 commanders. there is no order, considering karax came after vorazun, there are 6 terran, 6 protoss and 6 zerg. The next one could be proto-terran for all I know. Maybe mobeus corps. Warp barracks anyone?

1 Like

If zerg could use protoss tech, why haven’t they used before? They took Aiur, an entire planet full of protoss tech. If they could have used protoss tech, Why didn’t they do it before?

Because this is CO-OP Verse. An universe similar to LotV Verse but not the same like WoD Draenor and WC II Draenor

3 Likes

I’d personally rather not have more mergers. Not a Zerg Commander one bit, but I know a few people who are and they’d like a fully Zerg Commander, not one like Stetmann or Stukov or somebody using Protoss tech.

1 Like

I’d say my most wanted Zerg Commander is Izsha. I want her to be able to drop units and defense structures anywhere on the map she has vision. I also want her to use unused strains like the Hunter Banelings, Corpser Roaches, Blight Bringers (replacement for Ultralisk), and Swarm Guardian.

2 Likes

I think we have our last chance for permanent mothership brought to us with Selendis as commander (if there are still commanders to be released in future).

5 Likes

Until Blizzard themselves state there won’t be more Commanders; expect more Commanders.

3 Likes

First you ask when the next commander will be released and then and you speculate what should be released? say whuttt and to your obvious question , 2 updates per year , so 12 months : 2 updates = 6 months , hard math?

1 Like

The number of commanders per year has been dropping steadily …if 2020 gets 1 commander at Blizzcon (10-11 months) that would be in line with the trends.

2 Likes

I’m thinking that Zurvan could be different from Dehaka by giving him a resource similar to Solarite or Mandate.

I’m thinking he could build “Feeding Pits” to give him food via drones to fill up this resource. I’d say he could make about 3 “Feeding Pits” in front of Zurvan himself. His new resource would be used for his Top Bar abilities.

I think instead of 2 units attacking each other to evolve into a stronger unit; I’m thinking that like Talandar’s Champions; Zurvan can choose “Alphas”. “Alphas” could have buffs units of it’s same type. They’d also have special abilities. Most of his unit types would each have an “Alpha”.